Mater Dei vs St John Bosco - Round 3

ATLien12x

Mater Dei vs SJB III- Who would win?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the hypothetical rubber match?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 05:20 PM

Who wins? The reason I’m asking because it makes a difference in the end of season polling in my opinion. Bosco won by 23 in convincing fashion, then lost by four in a hard fought rematch. I think these are clearly two of the top teams in the country. I’m just not sure MD should win the National Championship when we’re not convinced they’re 100% the best in California 

• Like 2

Bosco...both teams are really good and this season Bosco is a better team then MD but not that much better.

In game 1 MD came in burnt out after IMG and Bosco came in with a chip. That lead to Bosco blowing out MD.

Game 2, Bosco was over confident and md came in with a great game olan. 

GAme 3, MD would lose by 2 score...not much gas left in MD’s tanks after the last 3 games...

• Like 1

Bosco probably wins this year 70% of the time they play. But the ONLY thing that matters is MD won the game that counted. Yes Bosco is better but MD are the champions and will end the season as #1 rightlfully so as the champions on the field should. Upsets happen often in championship games but that doesn’t mean the losing team gets to still claim the ship. If that was the case then the Patriots would have been the NFL champs after both Super Bowls they lost to the Giants. 

Translating this to college football... IMO Georgia is a better team than both ND and Oklahoma. But that does not matter one bit because Georgia lost twice on the field and therefore does not deserve to make the college playoffs. So ‘who is better’ and ‘who should be raked 1st’ are two different things. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

I don’t know. That defense I saw was nasty without several players. If moving that LB to safety and sliding Raesjon Davis in at LB has meant to MD what some posters are saying, then I’d have to buy that MDs defense would have similar results a third time around. 

Mose moving to FS made MD a run stoping force...before that MD had a corner playing FS and he was really good at coverage but Mose is a heat seaking Missile...

Davis moving to OLB was better for MD’s O then D. With out him Bru would have to play a lot of D and would have been gassed the last 3 games. #46 aloud #5 to focuse on WR which help MD O a lot vs 3 really great defense 

• Like 1

The first game the score was not indicative of how much better SJB was but more of MD had a really bad game and SJB had a perfect game.  They play 100 times, this type of game happens once.  Young just looked off that day and it wasn't SJB defense either.  He just had a bad day.  

If they played 100 times, I would probably watch all of them.  My worthless best guess is that MD wins 60 games of 100.  If MD played 100 against Cen10, MD wins 70 of 100.  MD vs DLS, MD wins 80 of 100.  MD vs Folsom, MD wins 90 of 100.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I don’t know. That defense I saw was nasty without several players. If moving that LB to safety and sliding Raesjon Davis in at LB has meant to MD what some posters are saying, then I’d have to buy that MDs defense would have similar results a third time around. 

Defensive domination three straight games, against three prolific offenses, each presenting a different type of challenge is no fluke.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s a tough call because Bosco has the better QB but I think MD has the better defense....

I would go with MD in a close one again... I really think MD has the best defense in the Country.... 

Nails.I know  one former SEC DC who believes MD has the best secondary. Maybe as good as AHP's  2015-2017,with Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Bosco...both teams are really good and this season Bosco is a better team then MD but not that much better.

In game 1 MD came in burnt out after IMG and Bosco came in with a chip. That lead to Bosco blowing out MD.

Game 2, Bosco was over confident and md came in with a great game olan. 

GAme 3, MD would lose by 2 score...not much gas left in MD’s tanks after the last 3 games...

MD won the game vs IMG. But they seemed a step slower the following week. While MD was beating a physically superior team, who was Bosco playing?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JCGIII said:

MD won the game vs IMG. But they seemed a step slower the following week. While MD was beating a physically superior team, who was Bosco playing?

I was rewatching the game vs Servite (the MD game after IMG) and MD had nothing left in the tank. Team seemed slow and not really into the game. Same thing the next week vs Santa Margarita

kids were fried after IMG. They were a lot bigger and stronger then MD. It took getting beat down by Bosco to wake them up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I was rewatching the game vs Servite (the MD game after IMG) and MD had nothing left in the tank. Team seemed slow and not really into the game. Same thing the next week vs Santa Margarita

kids were fried after IMG. They were a lot bigger and stronger then MD. It took getting beat down by Bosco to wake them up.

This just shows how impressive the Monarchs Defense was this year... Even being Fried after the IMG game the MD defense allowed 7 points in their next 2 games Combined!... To me the Bosco Blowout loss was an outlier...

That MD Defense held CC to 14 Points and Bosco to 13 points in the playoffs when it mattered most... CC has an Outstanding Offense and MD made them look slow and out of sync... Bosco has the #1 QB in the State and he could only engineer 13 points against that great defense...

• Like 3

On 12/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, ATLien12x said:

Who wins? The reason I’m asking because it makes a difference in the end of season polling in my opinion. Bosco won by 23 in convincing fashion, then lost by four in a hard fought rematch. I think these are clearly two of the top teams in the country. I’m just not sure MD should win the National Championship when we’re not convinced they’re 100% the best in California 

SJB vs MD 3 for all the marbles would be nice.  If I had to chose between the two I would place my bet on MD in a close one.  Good defense tend to win championships more often than good offenses, and MD seems to have figured out SJBs offense.

One match up that I would love to see as well would be MD vs IMG 2 on a neutral field.