Live GA 7A Title: Milton defeats Colquitt Co. 14-13

ECHS05

40 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Is that right?

I don't remember seeing your prediction anywhere. Did I miss it?

Don't be one of those "back end guys that knew something"....

I predicted it on the 247 Georgia forum. I seen Colquitt multiple times this year and they didn’t have the same moxy and swagger they had against Grayson, Trinity, and Warner Robins IMO. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s easy to finish against the shitty teams y’all play 

Yall played a team in your high class semifinals that lost by MULTIPLE TOUCHDOWNS to our 3A team. Pathetic. 

Well tell your beloved 7A Georgia teams to schedule us.... Georgia is certainly stronger than SC based on competition but our top 5 is pretty much equal to y’all. Dutch Fork, TL Hanna, Dorman, Myrtle Beach, Byrnes is pretty much equal to Colquitt, Archer, Milton, Grayson, and Rome. I’m sure DF will have a couple of national powerhouses on the schedule and I wouldn’t doubt if one of them is from Georgia but don’t sell SC football short. We can compete with the best! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If Jeff Herron or hell even Mickey Conn were still at Grayson, Grayson would be MNCs this year.

I think Hunnicutt is a good guy but he needed more HC experience before moving to the big leagues.

If Hunnicutt were given the support Mickey or Jeff were we still could have been.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They are no where near simply bc they lost to Parkview ( who was very good) & Roswell, who somehow beat some good teams.

People that paid attention knew they were good.

You keep going back to ranking... A ranking is a # on a piece of paper and doesnt mean a damn thing in the end. You simply havent experienced what its like to have a multitude of good teams in your state that can beat the other on any given night... Your perception is screwed by shit football over time.

Ga has some good teams, no doubt.  Just not great nor Elite teams.  This year was the year ga was finally exposed at the top end.  Y'all should be happy and proud for your good teams.  This year ga has maybe a top 25 team, but nothing higher.  It was a good game and Milton put it on colcuts. Congrats to Milton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Opie!!!!!!!! You do have a plethora of good teams. You rarely have a "great" team. Top 10-15 is great. 

In many ways GA is the best football state in the country, well #2 anyway. But great teams is a bit lacking. 

Ha, just saw this after I posted mine saying pretty much the same exact thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ga has some good teams, no doubt.  Just not great nor Elite teams.  This year was the year ga was finally exposed at the top end.  Y'all should be happy and proud for your good teams.  This year ga has maybe a top 25 team, but nothing higher.  It was a good game and Milton put it on colcuts. Congrats to Milton. 

Who on earth from GAS is top 25? Seriously?

If they are then BC or SJR or both are also top 25. 

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He can't go there for another year. 

I'm afraid you're stuck with him at Colquitt for another year. 

You think Warner Robins wants them another piece next year? xD

1. Because of the ban?

2. The good thing is this: WR brings back a lot of guys from this year, so no worries when it comes to playing colquitt.

32 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Because of the ban?

2. The good thing is this: WR brings back a lot of guys from this year, so no worries when it comes to playing colquitt.

In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.

That'd be a no for Tennessee. 

A no for Alabama.

A no for UGA.

A no for UAB

A no for a lot of college jobs for him. It's a blessing and a curse for him. He QUIETLY does a good and HUMBLE job at getting our kids into school beyond high school so it curses him from getting many worthy college jobs.

Also, good deal on WR returning a good squad. I didn't mind the trip up this season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Well my brother, feeling for you tonight.  The thing about a good beer is it works when you win, soothes when you lose...Never lets you down after a game really.

Still, that was a tough one...Dr. prescribes two!

I can vouch for this. It's among my oldest and most faithful friends. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Gonna go ahead and say it... I hope like hell this is our OC's last year. Please please please some college or team somewhere offer him a job where he is wanted. xD

That's my only coaching jab. 

I love every one of our kids. Our OC can't get us over the hump with 38 seniors. It ain't ever happening  with him.

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be accused of trolling and I didn't want to make my GA friends feel even worse about another tough loss in the state championship game, but I was surprised by Colquitt's offensive struggles in the final two games of the season and by Milton's apparently making the better adjustments at half. Given what @ECHS05posted, CC appeared to have more individual talent. It seemed like it was their game to lose, and they did, for a second year in a row. 

Is it time for a critical reassessment of Rush as a game manager, or is it as you suggest, mostly the OC's fault? Or was it just a combination of things: unfair officiating and an off night for the QB and maybe ineffective offensive play calling? It just seems like with CC's two backs and their O-line and their defense, they should have been able to win a low-scoring game on time of possession, special teams, and defense. 

IDK. I'm just kinda scratching my head and thinking out loud but also wondering what those close to the program think. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Scoring two total touchdowns in 120 minutes against Archer and Milton is an issue

1 total TD against Archer & Milton. Colquitts 2nd was in OT vs Archer.

And I think 2 games would be 96 minutes.

Unless OT was 24 minutes

Im picking up what youre putting down nonetheless.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

How was GA exposed at the top end?

You are the 2nd one (in company with NOR, lol) to say that with 0 reasoning behind it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

How was GA exposed at the top end?

You are the 2nd one (in company with NOR, lol) to say that with 0 reasoning behind it.

What is this, soft pitch? We're still on the PG forums, right?

AH of FL (CP 141) > SJR of NJ > BC of NJ > CC of GA (top-end GA). 

Daisy chain + greater MoV against common opponent = decisive argument that GA is overrated.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be accused of trolling and I didn't want to make my GA friends feel even worse about another tough loss in the state championship game, but I was surprised by Colquitt's offensive struggles in the final two games of the season and by Milton's apparently making the better adjustments at half. Given what @ECHS05posted, CC appeared to have more individual talent. It seemed like it was their game to lose, and they did, for a second year in a row. 

Is it time for a critical reassessment of Rush as game manager, or is it as you suggest, mostly the OC's fault? Or was it just a combination of things: unfair officiating and an off night by the QB and maybe ineffective offensive play calling? It just seems like with CC's two backs and their O-line and their defense, they should have been able to win a low-scoring game on time of possession, special teams, and defense. 

IDK. I'm just kinda scratching my head and thinking out load but also wondering what those close to the program think. 

I think ultimately the buck stops with Rush, but, we have a 30 and 0 run with him and have been the top team in the state over the past decade.

The lack of offensive adjustments when there is personnel issues was the problem last night imo. Watching the OC squatted down with his head in his hands at the Pen with Archer was pretty painful. Then following week... What we saw last night. 

Now as I said with the Archer game, at some point the kids have to execute, but, also, at some point, you have to recognize things like personnel not performing as your game plan needs and adjust. 

We haven't been able to do that like we did when we had Calhoun as our OC. 

Remember back when Colquitt was a second half team? Always looked kinda ho hum in the first half, and then BOOM! after half time.  Different OC. 

We've been to the show with this one a few times. We've made deep runs because the talent and heart and Rush psychology, but, just can't win the big one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

What is this, soft pitch? We're still on the PG forums, right?

AH of FL (CP 141) > SJR or NJ > BC of NJ > CC of GA (top-end GA). 

Daisy chain + greater MoV against common opponent = decisive argument that GA is overrated.

Milton +25 > Cardinal Gibbons +28 > AHP FL +3 > SJR > All of New Jersey

Meaning Milton +56 > SJR

Just shooting the shit playa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, that targeting call. It definitely changed the game for our defense. It opened the door for Yates to run more as we were afreaid to lower the boom on him. Terrible call. 

That and the PI... 

I still say had that PI been called like it should have from our "Trustworthy" Refs then That FG would've been a TD... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That and the PI... 

I still say had that PI been called like it should have from our "Trustworthy" Refs then That FG would've been a TD... 

Yeah, but, that call didn't change the way you had to play all night. 

Allowing their QB to lower his head and run while calling our guy for blasting him with a shoulder as he turned to go upfield... That backed our players off. By the third quarter us fans were begging for our kids to hit him. Just hit him on every play. 

Oh well. Just my view on that call and it's lingering effect throughout the remainder of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, but, that call didn't change the way you had to play all night. 

Allowing their QB to lower his head and run while calling our guy for blasting him with a shoulder as he turned to go upfield... That backed our players off. By the third quarter us fans were begging for our kids to hit him. Just hit him on every play. 

Oh well. Just my view on that call and it's lingering effect throughout the remainder of the game.

That was a super BS call... 

This season was weird... 

Overall it felt... Different... 

• Like 1