Live GA 7A Title: Milton defeats Colquitt Co. 14-13

ECHS05

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That was a super BS call... 

This season was weird... 

Overall it felt... Different... 

It felt different in more ways than one. 

I'll get around to writing a blog or op/ed or something about the stuff down here that made some things different. I've been backed off and waiting for the season to end before breaking out a flame thrower or anything.

I'll tell you this straight out. Our kids deserve better than some of these panty waist adults in Moultrie have given. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think ultimately the buck stops with Rush, but, we have a 30 and 0 run with him and have been the top team in the state over the past decade.

The lack of offensive adjustments when there is personnel issues was the problem last night imo. Watching the OC squatted down with his head in his hands at the Pen with Archer was pretty painful. Then following week... What we saw last night. 

Now as I said with the Archer game, at some point the kids have to execute, but, also, at some point, you have to recognize things like personnel not performing as your game plan needs and adjust. 

We haven't been able to do that like we did when we had Calhoun as our OC. 

Remember back when Colquitt was a second half team? Always looked kinda ho hum in the first half, and then BOOM! after half time.  Different OC. 

We've been to the show with this one a few times. We've made deep runs because the talent and heart and Rush psychology, but, just can't win the big one. 

As far as problems go, I guess that's not a bad one to have.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think ultimately the buck stops with Rush, but, we have a 30 and 0 run with him and have been the top team in the state over the past decade.

The lack of offensive adjustments when there is personnel issues was the problem last night imo. Watching the OC squatted down with his head in his hands at the Pen with Archer was pretty painful. Then following week... What we saw last night. 

Now as I said with the Archer game, at some point the kids have to execute, but, also, at some point, you have to recognize things like personnel not performing as your game plan needs and adjust. 

Remember back when Colquitt was a second half team? Always looked kinda ho hum in the first half, and then BOOM! after half time.  Different OC. 

We've been to the show with this one a few times. We've made deep runs because the talent and heart and Rush psychology, but, just can't win the big one. 

IT seems that every time Rush is in a tough game with an opponent with equal talent, he chokes on one way or another.

Just an observation.

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It felt different in more ways than one. 

I'll get around to writing a blog or op/ed or something about the stuff down here that made some things different. I've been backed off and waiting for the season to end before breaking out a flame thrower or anything.

I'll tell you this straight out. Our kids deserve better than some of these panty waist adults in Moultrie have given. 

Does Georgia have a problem with corruption? I've read about old boys' networks as an especially bad problem in the South, but I guess I assumed it was sorta old-timey and isn't such big thing anymore. But reading the GA game threads and listening to some of the announcers, I get the impression that unfair officiating is sorta to be expected. I wonder whether that's true, and whether it's also a problem in business and politics and government down there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Milton +25 > Cardinal Gibbons +28 > AHP FL +3 > SJR > All of New Jersey

Meaning Milton +56 > SJR

Just shooting the shit playa.

Yeah, but BC > Grayson > Archer > Milton. 

So...uh...

What do we do now? Count the number of stars of the recruits on each team? The number of fumbles in the red zone? 

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Does Georgia have a problem with corruption? I've read about old boys' networks as an especially bad problem in the South, but I guess I assumed it was sorta old-timey and isn't such big thing anymore. But reading the GA game threads and listening to some of the announcers, I get the impression that unfair officiating is sorta to be expected. I wonder whether that's true, and whether it's also a problem in business and politics and government down there. 

Well, the short answer is yes. 

Good ol' boy. Don't like something the coach is doing, or jealous of the pull he has, so you undermine like a pussy. That type stuff damn sure goes on. 

I think poossibly there is some truth to there being some Colquitt hate around the state and quite possibly games get called differently by officiating crews. One tell on that could be to look back at penalty/flag differential between Colquitt and their opponents. How deep or corrupt that particular stuff goes, idk. 

• Like 2

I'm hearing we have adults out there ripping the qb and kids on facebook and shit to the point that one of the kids came out and apologized publicly on facebook. Yall know the types. Like ol Rab. Ripping on a buncha kids that damned sure gave everything they had for the team and community. 

I'm ashamed of our people right now. Ashamed!

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm hearing we have adults out there ripping the qb and kids on facebook and shit to the point that one of the kids came out and apologized publicly on facebook. Yall know the types. Like ol Rab. Ripping on a buncha kids that damned sure gave everything they had for the team and community. 

I'm ashamed of our people right now. Ashamed!

That is pretty effed up.  They are just kids and people seem to forget that way too much.  I guess it's the non-pc culture or as I see it, a complete lack of manners and decency.  At any rate it will serve as a life lesson for these kids going forward.  Adults (people) suck some times.

It was a good game but it must have been very frustrating watching if you are a Packer fan.  Not sure how they let that qb run like that.  Even when it looked like they had a spy on the qb they couldn't stop him from getting first downs.  

Good parity in the state and makes the outcome uncertain.  And that is a + imo.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

That is pretty effed up.  They are just kids and people seem to forget that way too much.  I guess it's the non-pc culture or as I see it, a complete lack of manners and decency.  At any rate it will serve as a life lesson for these kids going forward.  Adults (people) suck some times.

It was a good game but it must have been very frustrating watching if you are a Packer fan.  Not sure how they let that qb run like that.  Even when it looked like they had a spy on the qb they couldn't stop him from getting first downs.  

Good parity in the state and makes the outcome uncertain.  And that is a + imo.  

If high school football teams did not lose games 97% of the posters here at this forum wouldn't have a single thing to post about.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your QB and RB Leggett gave it their all. More than blood, sweat and tears. Milton deserves the credit. Anyone criticizing the Packer players are fools. 

No....just no. The quarterback was terrible last night in all honesty. 

And @HawgGoneIt, no offense, but I never felt like Jaycee was the answer at quarterback for colquitt. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.

That'd be a no for Tennessee. 

A no for Alabama.

A no for UGA.

A no for UAB

A no for a lot of college jobs for him. It's a blessing and a curse for him. He QUIETLY does a good and HUMBLE job at getting our kids into school beyond high school so it curses him from getting many worthy college jobs.

Also, good deal on WR returning a good squad. I didn't mind the trip up this season. 

That rule only applies to Non coaching positions. He can go to any of those schools you listed but only as a coach. I just don't see that happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

No....just no. The quarterback was terrible last night in all honesty. 

And @HawgGoneIt, no offense, but I never felt like Jaycee was the answer at quarterback for colquitt. 

No offense bro just pile on with the rest of the pathetic adults. He's just the first team qb for region 1 with almost precisely the same stats as the qb from Milton on the season. Clearly he isn't the answer.O.o

1-AAAAAAA
Player of the year: RB Travis Tisdale, Lowndes, Sr.
Offensive player of the year: RB Daijun Edwards, Colquitt County, Jr.
Defensive player of the year: DB Jay Ward, Colquitt County, Sr.
Special teams player of the year: PK/P Ryan Fitzgerald, Colquitt County, Sr.
Athlete of the year: Deontae Overstreet, Tift County, Sr.
Utility player of the year: Jalen Davis, Camden County, Sr.
Coach of the year: Rush Propst, Colquitt County

First-team offense
QB - Jaycee Harden, Colquitt County, Jr.
RB - Ty Leggett, Colquitt County, Sr.
RB - Mike Jones, Tift County, Sr.
RB - Jamie Felix, Camden County, Fr.
TE - Josh Hadley, Colquitt County, Sr.
WR - Shawn Hardy, Camden County, So.
WR - Logan Berryhill, Camden County, Sr.
WR - Tyler Ajiero, Tift County, Sr.
WR - Ghetti Brown, Lowndes, Jr.
OL - Austin Williams, Tift County, Sr.
OL - Landon Bateman, Tift County, Sr.
OL - Kamaar Bell, Colquitt County, Sr.
OL - Will Rykard, Colquitt County, Sr.
OL - Micah Morris, Camden County, So.
OL - Bryer Touchton, Lowndes, Jr.
OL - Jacarri Williams, Lowndes, Jr.

He had a rough couple of weeks. That can't be denied. He also had a gutty performance and made some clutch throws at times too. 

It just isn't enough that these kids lost, and wake up today runners up. Clearly they know things like who played well, who didn't and etc. They have to see bullshit adults wearing them out online as well. Sorry ass mfers. 

Our kids played their hearts out, and don't deserve to be crapped on by a few fair weather fans or out of town wanna be pundits. 

Clearly, the coaches are paid to manage these games and kids. If they keep running the kid out there it's on them. They need to take the heat for not doing something different. Not the kids. 

Wait a minute... maybe I did take offense. You didn't catch my ass on here clobbering your WR kids after getting rolled by Colquitt. Nor after losing the ship the other night either. Actually you got the opposite from me. I talked about the grit of your qb and players. 

No offense, but:

I never thought you were the answer at  Warner Robins as a classy fan. xD

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No offense bro just pile on with the rest of the pathetic adults. He's just the first team qb for region 1 with almost precisely the same stats as the qb from Milton on the season. Clearly he isn't the answer.O.o

1-AAAAAAA

First-team offense

He had a rough couple of weeks. That can't be denied. He also had a gutty performance and made some clutch throws at times too. 

It just isn't enough that these kids lost, and wake up today runners up. Clearly they know things like who played well, who didn't and etc. They have to see bullshit adults wearing them out online as well. Sorry ass mfers. 

Our kids played their hearts out, and don't deserve to be crapped on by a few fair weather fans or out of town wanna be pundits. 

Clearly, the coaches are paid to manage these games and kids. If they keep running the kid out there it's on them. They need to take the heat for not doing something different. Not the kids. 

Wait a minute... maybe I did take offense. You didn't catch my ass on here clobbering your WR kids after getting rolled by Colquitt. Nor after losing the ship the other night either. Actually you got the opposite from me. I talked about the grit of your qb and players. 

No offense, but:

Ouch.....

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

1-AAAAAAA

First-team offense

No offense, but:

I agree. The funny part about the adults bashing the kids is that the one I saw make the post about the QB couldn't run if his fat ass life depended on it. He deleted the post but plenty of people saw it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The run was working so well.  Right up through the 0, 1 and 2 gap.  Why did colcuts go to the air?  Head scratcher.

• Thanks 1