Defensive performance of the Year

Sammyswordsman

Nominating DLS for shutting out the devil in week 1.

While all the pundits were expecting a track meet, the Spartans surprised by throttling a Folsom offense used to putting up video game numbers vs Nor Cal opponents.

imagine the frustration this must have inflicted on the 10,000 rabid fans who caravaned from the pot capital of Calif.*  Imagine the stunned looks and blank stares at the postgame victory....err...appreciation....err.........reception party.  

This was a defensive performance for the ages.  Nobody anticipated the Spartans to hand the devil a donut. The Vegas odds would have been 100-1.  Multiple outlets had DLS losing the game altogether.   

Yes the result of this game was stunning and worthy of this nomination .

(notice I said nothing bad about Folsom) 

*placerville

• Haha 1

STA shutout Dematha 38-0 on live TV. 

Dematha goes on and piles up 43 points in the WCAC finals almost winning of it weren’t for a Hail Mary by their opponent.

The WCAC is considered the 2nd best league in the entire country. 

So to put a beat down like that on them, and hand them that Krispy Kreme box was impressive. 

STA then proceeds to get dog walked by 2 Florida publics giving up a combined 76 points makes it even more impressive 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

While all the pundits were expecting a track meet, the Spartans surprised by throttling a Folsom offense used to putting up video game numbers vs Nor Cal opponents.

imagine the frustration this must have inflicted on the 10,000 rabid fans who caravaned from the pot capital of Calif.*  Imagine the stunned looks and blank stares at the postgame victory....err...appreciation....err.........reception party.  

This was a defensive performance for the ages.  Nobody anticipated the Spartans to hand the devil a donut. The Vegas odds would have been 100-1.  Multiple outlets had DLS losing the game altogether.   

*placerville

SJR upsetting those Pesky Red Heads From Oradell Especially shutting them out for the first time in 30 years and to make it even better it was the States Championship at MetLife 

962A028C-E2E6-4AE3-8B3B-43ADB50E5B02.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Even more surprising was MD total domination of the vaunted DLS veer running attack 

I didn’t find that all that surprising. They had trouble running against Folsom defense, imagine what the Mater Dei’s D1 line was going to do to them. 

Certainly didn’t help that DLS’ best player and All American played with a broken hand. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

SJR upsetting those Pesky Red Heads From Oradell Especially shutting them out for the first time in 30 years and to make it even better it was the States Championship at MetLife 

962A028C-E2E6-4AE3-8B3B-43ADB50E5B02.png

Impressive, yes. But somewhat weather related as well..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

*placerville

That was the game that Block lost his mojo (and 100$) and he was never the same annoying troll we have come to dislike.  

Placerville?  Ha!  That is the spot huh?

I think the MD D vs SJB in the 2nd game was outstanding and should be in consideration.

Although it was not a single performance, the most impressive thing I saw was the 3 game stretch for MD where they first shut out high powered Cen10 in the first half with four pick-6s. Then they shut down Bosco in the finals in dominating fashion. Finally they completely manhandled the DLS veer.

What makes this the best performance IMO is the level of competition that MD did it against.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That was the game that Block lost his mojo (and 100$) and he was never the same annoying troll we have come to dislike.  

Placerville?  Ha!  That is the spot huh?

I think the MD D vs SJB in the 2nd game was outstanding and should be in consideration.

My recollection is that he got even more annoying for a while.  He even started to try to put a “it was actually a win” spin on it.

Then he lost it 🤠.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:33 PM, Wosinc said:

My recollection is that he got even more annoying for a while.  He even started to try to put a “it was actually a win” spin on it.

Then he lost it 🤠.

Yeah, I think you are right about that (outstanding recollecting ;)) but I was imagining if Folsom actually won, he would have been impossible.  I'll say this about Block, he was a true professional as a troll.  Never seen his equal at being a total ass.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Yeah, I think you are right about that (outstanding recollecting ;)) but I was imagining if Folsom actually won, he would have been impossible.  I'll say this about Block, he was a true professional as a troll.  Never seen his equal at being a total ass.

I said it at the time.  If Folsom had won he would have been insufferable.  Not that he was a walk in the park as it was.

I have to agree with you about his trolling.

My favorite tactic of his (infuriating as it was) was his habit of calling out people for grammar mistakes or typos, then when he made a similar error, if I quoted him to point it out, he’d go back, correct his original post, then claim that I had changed his original post in the quote to make him look bad. 

He was actually awe-inspiring, in a really creepy kind of way.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, Wosinc said:

I said it at the time.  If Folsom had won he would have been insufferable.  Not that he was a walk in the park as it was.

My favorite tactic of his (infuriating as it was) was his habit of calling out people for grammar mistakes or typos, then when he made a similar error, if I quoted him to point it out, he’d go back, correct his original post, then claim that I had changed his original post in the quote to make him look bad. 

Right?  Well said.  

On 3/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, Bodysurf said:

Although it was not a single performance, the most impressive thing I saw was the 3 game stretch for MD where they first shut out high powered Cen10 in the first half with four pick-6s. Then they shut down Bosco in the finals in dominating fashion. Finally they completely manhandled the DLS veer.

What makes this the best performance IMO is the level of competition that MD did it against.

The best part of these games was watching Moses play free safety like we played it in the 90’s...

from the D MD used those last 3 weeks they returns:

2 D Lineman (MD runs a 3/4 or a 2/4/5 D so this isn’t too bad)

4 LB’s

5 DB’s

#whoneedstranfers #butwewilltakea300lbuso

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, Wosinc said:

This was his creepiest posts ever...when he pretended to be an MD dad that I know...4C8DDDA7-5DF4-4B8A-B3CC-93A3472F5B86.thumb.jpeg.8cf7f34e3eeb6c8847bfd76e270e5a3c.jpeg

• Like 2