Strength and Conditioning Top Programs

Sammyswordsman

On 3/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

How would you rate your states Top 5 Strength and Conditioning programs.  

For Calif the Trinity League is back on top once again (for the 4th consecutive year) and with arguably 3 of the Top 5.  The physicality on the lines are what separates the TL from the rest of the state, and should keep them a clear favorite in the SBG for the forseeable future 

1.  SJB

2. MD

3-5  Contenders for these spots are:

Cen10

MV

Jokes

DLS

JSerra

I can’t speak Nationally but Regionally... We are A1 steak sauce 

67ABF01F-561E-4AE8-944D-77DFA7F34768.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nice room W/ Sorinex racks - Not my top choice but still very good quality that many great programs go with.  They have a lot of skins on the wall!  

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 6:32 AM, DLS350 said:

I love how you have now become the TL raw raw spokesperson and for MD & SJB since Servite has faded from any relevance whatsoever after being mudhole stomped by DLS with their 190 lb lineman. You’re becoming the shower boy to the TL as Blockhead is to Folsom..

Many of DLS lineman are listed at 260 - 280 lbs.  Do these guys not play? Or are those inflated weight stats? Or is the 190 lb lineman actually a DLS myth?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Many of DLS lineman are listed at 260 - 280 lbs.  Do these guys not play? Or are those inflated weight stats? Or is the 190 lb lineman actually a DLS myth?

This was back in the infamous Mud Bowl of 2010. Believe DLS center was 190, Dylan Winn and one their bigger guys was only 235 I believe. They’ve had bigger guys of course but it’s also a running joke around here and DLS small 190 lbs lineman.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 1:19 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

How would you rate your states Top 5 Strength and Conditioning programs.  

For Calif the Trinity League is back on top once again (for the 4th consecutive year) and with arguably 3 of the Top 5.  The physicality on the lines are what separates the TL from the rest of the state, and should keep them a clear favorite in the SBG for the forseeable future 

1.  SJB

2. MD

3-5  Contenders for these spots are:

Cen10

MV

Jokes

DLS

JSerra

I don’t understand your point on strength and conditioning and if I do, I think you’re confusing strength and conditioning with recruiting 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don’t understand your point on strength and conditioning and if I do, I think you’re confusing strength and conditioning with recruiting 

Lol.  Actually you are somewhat/mostly correct.  Kinda like the streak years when DLS was touting their strength and conditioning program. 

Morale of the story is that having the horses in the stable, goes a long way to being recognized for other aspects of the program. 

17 hours ago, DLS350 said:

This was back in the infamous Mud Bowl of 2010. Believe DLS center was 190, Dylan Winn and one their bigger guys was only 235 I believe. They’ve had bigger guys of course but it’s also a running joke around here and DLS small 190 lbs lineman.

DLS had the smallest lines in their own league the year that year 

Dylan was about 245# but he was only starter over 215#

I believe ‘13 to ‘15 are only years DLS has ever NOT had a sub 200# starting linemen 

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol.  Actually you are somewhat/mostly correct.  Kinda like the streak years when DLS was touting their strength and conditioning program. 

Morale of the story is that having the horses in the stable, goes a long way to being recognized for other aspects of the program. 

Yeah, except all those kids started at DLS so they got strong at DLS 

MD’s best linemen vs DLS was a senior transfer from Norcal — DLS has never had a senior transfer 

Do you understand these differences?

i can go on but if you’re just listing best teams, please don’t start another year pushing JSerra, Jokes, and MV without acknowledging folsom, who would smoke them all 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Yeah, except all those kids started at DLS so they got strong at DLS 

MD’s best linemen vs DLS was a senior transfer from Norcal — DLS has never had a senior transfer 

Do you understand these differences?

i can go on but if you’re just listing best teams, please don’t start another year pushing JSerra, Jokes, and MV without acknowledging folsom, who would smoke them all 

Your are insinuating that the devil is on a higher Tier than Jserra, Jokes and MV.  I don't think that was the case last year, and certainly won't be the case this year either.

The devil hasn't really smoked anyone who had comparable athletes, in fact they struggle mightily.  Plus they have never beaten a team ranked higher than them going into the game.

I also don't really think that MD and SJB strength and conditioning program this year is as good as Servite's either.

I also think DLS proved to have an outstanding S&C program, based on how they wore down SJC, who was not in shape to go 4 quarters vs the Spartans.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Colonel said:

I don't know about every year, but I'm pretty sure DLS"s center as recently as 2017 was under 200 pounds. He looked skinny to me. I can't find the YouTube video anymore, but in their game against St. John's College, the broadcasters said that DLS's line averaged 223 pounds. 

They've certainly had bigger lines, though, and some big kids. 

• Thanks 1