Trinity league Schedule

eddiev

On 4/18/2019 at 9:53 PM, old_e said:

Capital Christian is fixing to get their muffins sluffed.  

Likely so, but at least their coach has the stones to schedule it. 

Honesty, even though Casey Taylor is known for his aggressive scheduling, I wasn’t expecting this so soon. He’s only beginning year 3 at a small private. 

Capital had a pretty darn good team last season but not a team capable of competing with the likes of Chandler IMO. Either Casey doesn’t care if they get their brains beat in or he expects to be a lot better. 

Either way, does it really matter? It’s about the challenge. And prepping his team for league and postseason. The tactic usually fared well for Del Oro while he was steering that ship. His teams typically improved a lot over the course of a season because of it.  

But unlike his DO small public team, CC gets better, faster athletes and should attract even more by scheduling like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Likely so, but at least their coach has the stones to schedule it. 

Honesty, even though Casey Taylor is known for his aggressive scheduling, I wasn’t expecting this so soon. He’s only beginning year 3 at a small private. 

Capital had a pretty darn good team last season but not a team capable of competing with the likes of Chandler IMO. Either Casey doesn’t care if they get their brains beat in or he expects to be a lot better. 

Either way, does it really matter? It’s about the challenge. And prepping his team for league and postseason. The tactic usually fared well for Del Oro while he was steering that ship. His teams typically improved a lot over the course of a season because of it.  

But unlike his DO small public team, CC gets better, faster athletes and should attract even more by scheduling like this.

I give him credit for scheduling Chandler.  Those are big cojones but I'm just calling it as I see it. He's a good coach. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Their QB may be legit but y'all know damn well VP isn't equivalent to Folsom... 

Just because you dropped out of school doesn't mean you should stop researching things before opining (big word).  Villa Park has had a stellar record the past few years, playing teams as good or better than Folsoms schedule. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old_e said:

Your right they're not equivalent to Folsom. With  two TL teams on their schedule shows they will play anyone anywhere. 

Why Folsom hasn't played someone from the TL is beyond me. 

But I'm sure they're far more known than VP. 

I'll look into them myself... 

I won't rely on Sammy the Bridge troll... 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Why Folsom hasn't played someone from the TL is beyond me. 

But I'm sure they're far more known than VP. 

I'll look into them myself... 

I won't rely on Sammy the Bridge troll... 

I know y’all Georgia guys prescribe to the rudimentary formula the greater the population the more successful the HS football team.  Villa Park is a small (under 8000) affluent community in the hills above Orange CA and in the heart of TL territory.  Impressive!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I know y’all Georgia guys prescribe to the rudimentary formula the greater the population the more successful the HS football team.  Villa Park is a small (under 8000) affluent community in the hills above Orange CA and in the heart of TL territory.  Impressive!

Woah woah woah... Who has ever prescribed to that BS out here? 

Dude we got teams from cities with less than 8K that are good... 

You're preaching to the wrong state about that. 

That's true for the Gwinnett and Cobb schools but not every good team from GA comes from some big city... 

Shit if population meant good football then why are Savannah and Macon so damn mediocre to bad? 

However because of how our class system works most teams from cities under 8K fall into the 3A class or lower so you never hear about them unless they have major talent. Example:

Callaway,Heard County,Cedar Grove and Calhoun(Who might be right at 8K).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, old_e said:

I give him credit for scheduling Chandler.  Those are big cojones but I'm just calling it as I see it. He's a good coach. 

I get it. Most, if not all, would agree with you.

It’s a catch 22 situation. Schedule opponents like this and lose big and criticism follows.  Don’t schedule like this and criticism follows.

In the end, I know he doesn’t care about any of the criticism. He just likes to challenge his players while preparing them for the toughest teams in the area. Also think it’s done to help the program recruit for itself. Players want to play in high profile games against high profile opponents.

• Like 3

List of 2019 OOS opponents for Trinity League with projected preseason National Rank.*

*non Top 100 OOS opponents were deleted due to non relevance.

Tier 1

3.  St.Johns College     - DC

4.  St. Francis Academy - MD

7. DeMarha

Tier 2

8.  Good Council - MD

15. Milton - Ga

16. St. joseph Regional - NJ

19.Bishop Gorman

Tier 3

23.Mililani - Hawaii

42. Don Bosco Prep - NJ

61.East - Utah

70 Cherry Creek - Col

74 Liberty NV

The only OOS schedule that was more difficult was the

1942 U.S. Marines

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

List of 2019 OOS opponents for Trinity League with projected preseason National Rank.*

*non Top 100 OOS opponents were deleted due to non relevance.

Tier 1

3.  St.Johns College     - DC

4.  St. Francis Academy - MD

Tier 2

8.  Good Council - MD

15. Milton - Ga

16. St. joseph Regional - NJ

19.Bishop Gorman

Tier 3

23.Mililani - Hawaii

42. Don Bosco Prep - NJ

61.East - Utah

70 Cherry Creek - Col

74 Liberty NV

The only OOS schedule that was more difficult was the

1942 U.S. Marines

What about DeMatha? Is this an oversight or do you not think they will be top 100?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

What about DeMatha? Is this an oversight or do you not think they will be top 100?

DeMatha will be preseason top 25. They were pretty young last season and should be much improved. They have a new HC and OC, so there are also questions marks. Some players to watch are...

RB Marshawn Lloyd(5* offers from everyone)

OL Golden Achumba( Penn State commit)

OL Jordan White(Maryland commit)

OL Dwayne Allick(LSU, Florida, BC offers)

LB Greg Penn(Alabama, LSU, Michigan offers)

DL Colin Mobley(Penn St., Florida, LSU offers)

DL  Jaishawn Barham(Florida, Texas A&M, Penn St. offers)

ATH Jamal Hood(Florida, Texas A&M, Maryland offers)

On 4/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Sammy lives in the cuts. 

He comes out whenever a troll comment fits the bill. 

That dude is as professional as it comes. At least on his primary profile.

He also thinks butterflies and unicorns come out of his ass.

Too full of himself by half.

5719BA3C-ACDE-4A8C-8AA4-B107BA8C61F1.png

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Hard to believe after last year's tanking towards the end of the season that people still believe Good Counsel is a legit contender and should be ranked higher.  With 4 or 5 QBs last season, GC ended up going with their freshman QB towards the end of the season after the loss of their senior QB and, unfortunately for the young man, it was conference play and playoffs.  I do believe he will most likely will be their starter heading into next season.  Just don't see them going very far.  More importantly, not clear as to why people continue to rank them high.      

19 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

DeMatha will be preseason top 25. They were pretty young last season and should be much improved. They have a new HC and OC, so there are also questions marks. Some players to watch are...

RB Marshawn Lloyd(5* offers from everyone)

OL Golden Achumba( Penn State commit)

OL Jordan White(Maryland commit)

OL Dwayne Allick(LSU, Florida, BC offers)

LB Greg Penn(Alabama, LSU, Michigan offers)

DL Colin Mobley(Penn St., Florida, LSU offers)

DL  Jaishawn Barham(Florida, Texas A&M, Penn St. offers)

ATH Jamal Hood(Florida, Texas A&M, Maryland offers)

Is Campbell going to be the QB?  Did Bill bring his OC back to DeMatha with him?

6 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Is Campbell going to be the QB?  Did Bill bring his OC back to DeMatha with him?

Campbell transferred to Good Counsel. I’m guessing he will start there or be in the mix. Malakai Anthony(Wilson/SJC) and Ryan Cammas will fight for the starting position at DM as of now. I’m sure there are others in the mix I don’t know about. 

Sean Calabrese ‘05 is the new OC. His father was the LB coach at DM for a few years. Calabrese returns to DeMatha from an OC job in Florida. He’s very talented and obviously has the respect of the DM staff.

Was Bill bringing his old OC back to DeMatha a joke? I’m sure you know why I’m asking...