Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

I wondered how long it would take for a Cali troll to step out and make pretend he knows something about Georgia. 

Turns out... 7 posts. 

xD

Instead of offering a Cali teams to watch, we get the standard "I know more than y'all about your own state" type post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I have been known to be loaded with bull crap at times. 

I can't really speak for all Colquitt Countians, but, a good many of us are loaded like that. 

xD

LOL....

North Morven told me point blank...."ya got a couple of RBs..  "ya got a few WRs".  "ya got a couple of kickers".  "you might have a QB".  "ya got a minature O-Line".  "now whether that translates into scoring points...remains to be seen".

They went on to say..."ya got a decent D-Line".  "ya got a decent secondary".  "ya got at least one solid LBer".  "now whether or not that means you can stop the other team from scoring points...remains to be seen".

And I just don't think the BNB would fib to me....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They are definitely one to watch... Their 3rd year HC Adam Clack has them rolling.

But they lost every starting skill player & their QB (who carried the team).

They do return all but 1 player on the OL & DL. The one they lost was pretty good though... A 4* Clemson signee. And they return 1 LB.

So I dont think anyone knows what to expect when a team has to replace their star QB & every skill position player. They wont be the favorite coming in though. 

Without that qb last year they were nowhere near the state championship game. 

Unless some monster qb from Cali transfers in there and has already been a starter for a couple of years, I'm not putting those guys in the top 7. 

Of course if we wanna switch tactics like the Cali guys when it suits... Inheritance poll-wise... Milton is the top team in the state. 

Never mind it's a totally different squad without the most important player from their state championship and they haven't proven to be a perennial top team. 

Yeah... Nevermind all that jive. 

@Bestcoast Milton is the only team in Georgia to watch. 

I guess maybe Marietta too since they haven't proved much around either. 

Just slide in whatever team you want. Don't you worry about the guys that live in Georgia and their lists. ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Bergen Catholic - returns a lot. They will be big, well coached, and deep with a few dynamic athletes. The question for them will be whether or not rising sophomore sensation Jaeden Gould will be able to play this season after suffering an injury a football camp this spring, and if they will be able to fill the void at RB left by Nebraska commit Rahmir Johnson.

St. Peter's Prep - they also return a lot and are excited to unveil the QB of the future in 6'5, 205lb Tahj Bullock. As usual they will be one of the most athletic teams in the league featuring big, fast, dynamic kids at the skill spots. They also return rising sophomore sensation Christian Lebrun who was penciled in to start as a freshman before suffering a season ending injury during a preseason scrimmage vs Irvington. Their soft out of league schedule could work for or against them. Time will tell... 

St. Joseph Regional - returns the most productive backfield in the BNU red. They will be big upfront on both lines with some key returnees at key positions. WR and LB will be positions of concern for the green knights as they will have to fill those voids through transfer portal or the JV. St. Joe's will go as far as second year QB Michael Alaimo takes them.

Don Bosco Prep - returns two of the most electric RB's in the BNU Red, a three year starter at QB, a legend to coach the offensive line, and a host of returners at the skill spots. They will be much more experienced from a coaching standpoint, however the area of concern is the offensive line. After losing two linemen to graduation and another starting lineman that transfered to Paramus Catholic, bosco will have to fill those voids either through the transfer portal or inserting kids that played JV last season.  

DePaul - they to return a lot as they were young last year. They will have huge voids to fill at QB and WR as Taquan Roberson and Ronnie Hickman are off to Penn State and Ohio State. They seem to have found the answer at QB in 6'5, 220lb Andrew Butler, but time will tell.

Paramus Catholic - was the youngest team in the league last year as they started mostly sophomores. They only lost two starters to graduation. They have hit the transfer scene hard this off season and expect to compete for it all. Will their coaches be able to get them over the hump will be the question. 

Mater Dei and  St. Augustine - will become new names when referring to the "Sig 6" of New Jersey as they are quietly building power house programs. Last season St. Augs was St. Joe's toughest opponent in the playoffs and Mater Dei beat DePaul before losing a nail biter to Red Bank Catholic in the State chip. They have momentum in that part of the state witch is home to some of the states best talent. They are my dark horses.

MD and Augustine are gonna pull all the athletes that are not beat to commute to Bergen County every single day for school and activities on the weekends 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Unless some monster qb from Cali transfers in there and has already been a starter for a couple of years, I'm not putting those guys in the top 7. 

Of course if we wanna switch tactics like the Cali guys when it suits... Inheritance poll-wise... Milton is the top team in the state. 

Never mind it's a totally different squad without the most important player from their state championship and they haven't proven to be a perennial top team. 

Just slide in whatever team you want. Don't you worry about the guys that live in Georgia and their lists. ;)

Marietta HAS to be one to watch.

They get the suspended players back from last year. They have an experienced group returning with a stud QB.

I get the skepticism. They shouldve been better than they were last year. But those guys are seniors, theyve all been together a while with that coach, they know the system, they are more talented than ever.

Ill say this... If they arent a Top 5 team in GA Id fire that Head Coach immediately.

Yes... They arent a perennial top team. But they have ALL the pieces to make it happen. They are by FAR, the most talented team in GA (as far as D1 prospects are concerned) this season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

They are definitely one to watch... Their 3rd year HC Adam Clack has them rolling.

But they lost every starting skill player & their QB (who carried the team).

They do return all but 1 player on the OL & DL. The one they lost was pretty good though... A 4* Clemson signee. And they return 1 LB.

So I dont think anyone knows what to expect when a team has to replace their star QB & every skill position player. They wont be the favorite coming in though. 

Not quite. He's a senior this year. They did lose their safety tho.....the one who committed to Clemson. 

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Marietta HAS to be one to watch.

They get the suspended players back from last year. They have an experienced group returning with a stud QB.

I get the skepticism. They shouldve been better than they were last year. But those guys are seniors, theyve all been together a while with that coach, they know the system, they are more talented than ever.

Ill say this... If they arent a Top 5 team in GA Id fire that Head Coach immediately.

Yes... They arent a perennial top team. But they have ALL the pieces to make it happen. They are by FAR, the most talented team in GA (as far as D1 prospects are concerned) this season.

I would include Marietta as one to watch. Depends on the criteria for the reason to watch them. They have appeared to have all the pieces and just underperforn for various reasons. I'm not hating, just not sold. 

Milton is one to watch simply because they're playing a huge OOS game. I personally am not expecting a top 5 in the state finish for them. Anything is possible. 

If we are just looking for the top five or so as the criteria, Rufus' list looked pretty ok to me. 

I chose to do a North vs. South big game thing in state with what has been pretty regular top teams or teams with proven track records for my teams to watch list. 

1 hour ago, Oldballcoach said:

I don’t think it is on that level but they have been calling local kids asking them to leave for free tuition at DM. I know of a handful of kids.

Probably a best business practice to keep that to yourself unless you want to provide proof. I’m sure there are those rumors out there, but Dr. McMahon and the administration at DM aren’t going to let that fly. DM lost six P-5 kids to transfer and they may take in one or two next season. That’s not the SFA model. It’s how WCAC schools operate in general. 

No disrespect to you personally. I get you’re just relaying word of mouth, but I’ve seen that said a bunch of times on forums and thought I’d explain the difference. 

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

No disrespect at all. I thought it was 38-0 at one point in the 3rd. Maybe I’m mistaken. I was just trying to paint the picture of how bi polar DeMatha is OOS. 

None taken. It was definitely an ugly day in Rocketville. Lol! And that game was on my son birthday. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

No Sir....I'm the only one who speaks the Gospel....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Right now between 247sports, Rivals and Twitter we (Rummel) have 13 prospects with college offers (D1, FCS, D3, NAIA)........granted 3 or 4 of colleges I've never heard of and had to look up like Sterling College in Kansas........Evidently we know someone at Sterling College because they offered 5 or 6 of our guys recently. xD

It don't matter. WE coming and coming hard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Right now between 247sports, Rivals and Twitter we (Rummel) have 13 prospects with college offers (D1, FCS, D3, NAIA)........granted 3 or 4 of colleges I've never heard of and had to look up like Sterling College in Kansas........Evidently we know someone at Sterling College because they offered 5 or 6 of our guys recently. xD

It don't matter. WE coming and coming hard!

DE Jordon Williams started off slow too with the offers, lots of little schools.

....but has recently picked up Lousville and Southern Miss offers......and they bumped him to a 3*.

https://247sports.com/player/jordon-williams-46082692/

We only have one true superstar (and he's a game changer), but we will have a slew of 3* and 2* prospects this year in the senior class.

WR/Slot Koy Moore is our big bullet.....

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/koy-moore-189235

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

DE Jordon Williams started off slow too with the offers, lots of little schools.

....but has recently picked up Lousville and Southern Miss offers......and they bumped him to a 3*.

https://247sports.com/player/jordon-williams-46082692/

We only have one true superstar (and he's a game changer), but we will have a slew of 3* and 2* prospects this year in the senior class.

WR/Slot Koy Moore is our big bullet.....

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/koy-moore-189235

Gavin Holmes, one of our speedy DBs clocked a 4.38 at La-Monroe couple days ago and pulled his first D1 offer. Had some nice FCS offers to that point. He's a no star or not rated yet guy..

WE COMING! 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Not quite. He's a senior this year. They did lose their safety tho.....the one who committed to Clemson. 

Youre right... For some reason I thought Paul Tchio signed with Clemson as a 2019 prospect... But hell be a senior this year.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would include Marietta as one to watch. Depends on the criteria for the reason to watch them. They have appeared to have all the pieces and just underperforn for various reasons. I'm not hating, just not sold. 

Milton is one to watch simply because they're playing a huge OOS game. I personally am not expecting a top 5 in the state finish for them. Anything is possible. 

If we are just looking for the top five or so as the criteria, Rufus' list looked pretty ok to me. 

I chose to do a North vs. South big game thing in state with what has been pretty regular top teams or teams with proven track records for my teams to watch list. 

Ones I know will be good.... Colquitt, Lee, Lowndes, Parkview, Hillgrove... Not necessarily in any order ... For small teams... Peach Co., ELCA, & Athens Academy will all be good for their classes again.

Ones that have the potential, but Im just not sure of yet (aka teams to watch) ... Marietta, Milton, Camden, McEachern, Grayson, North Gwinnett ...  

Ones Im kinda watching, but didnt want to put on the same level as that 2nd group yet... Westlake, Tift, Valdosta, Bainbridge, Northside-WR ...

Ones that are usually up there but I believe will drop off this season from their norm ... Archer, Buford, Blessed Trinity, Rome, Cedar Grove (i added them bc they have a good OOS game but they lost their HC and the #1 WR in America) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ones I know will be good.... Colquitt, Lee, Lowndes, Parkview, Hillgrove... Not necessarily in any order ... For small teams... Peach Co., ELCA, & Athens Academy will all be good for their classes again.

Ones that have the potential, but Im just not sure of yet (aka teams to watch) ... Marietta, Milton, Camden, McEachern, Grayson, North Gwinnett ...  

Ones Im kinda watching, but didnt want to put on the same level as that 2nd group yet... Westlake, Tift, Valdosta, Bainbridge, Northside-WR ...

Ones that are usually up there but I believe will drop off this season from their norm ... Archer, Buford, Blessed Trinity, Rome, Cedar Grove (i added them bc they have a good OOS game but they lost their HC and the #1 WR in America) 

Westlake acts like they have something on twitter..........

5 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Probably a best business practice to keep that to yourself unless you want to provide proof. I’m sure there are those rumors out there, but Dr. McMahon and the administration at DM aren’t going to let that fly. DM lost six P-5 kids to transfer and they may take in one or two next season. That’s not the SFA model. It’s how WCAC schools operate in general. 

No disrespect to you personally. I get you’re just relaying word of mouth, but I’ve seen that said a bunch of times on forums and thought I’d explain the difference. 

I hear you but no I saw the text messages and the coach it came from in person. I know DM was contacted and admin said it would be addressed so I am assuming they did because it hasn’t come up again at any of the schools.

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol yea but Vista Murrieta was a Cali power house. You Ga guys alright

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Lol yea but Vista Murrieta was a Cali power house. You Ga guys alright

I cant see Milton beating JSerra after having lost 100% of their skill players & that QB. 

My prediction would be 28-14 JSerra this coming season. Of course thats just right now at the beginning of May. Who knows whatll happen. 

Milton plays 2 or 3 games before that so well get to see how good they are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I cant see Milton beating JSerra after having lost 100% of their skill players & that QB. 

My prediction would be 28-14 JSerra this coming season. Of course thats just right now at the beginning of May. Who knows whatll happen. 

Milton plays 2 or 3 games before that so well get to see how good they are.

Man... If a depleted Milton squad goes over and beats JSerra... Cali is down. Really down. 

I mean... so down an ant could fart and blow sand in their eyes down.