Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

No offense, but I'm just not interested in your "arm races/whatevers"........they have all been well-documented.

Rummel, is just one of the many quality programs in Louisiana. It's a little different down here.

No offense taken at all. I understand that you’re a bit agitated with the nationally relevant teams with the way things are going at Rummel. I’m glad you’re happy with the current state of Louisiana’s high school football. I understand the HC of your state university, LSU, thinks very highly of the WCAC...

https://mobile.twitter.com/T_dog10/status/1093308540910030849

• Haha 2

Most of the teams you guys listed are the same old teams year after year.

I thought I would put a team not often mentioned on a national board, rarely on the state board up.

I'm intrested in seeing what John Wilkinson can do with New Symrna Beach. 2017 the team went 7L's- 3W's. 2018 they were 7W's- 3L's and the first winning season in many, many years in his first year as HC. Out of the 10 games scheduled this year they will have 3 decent Florida teams, not top 100 nat, but a few top 50 Florida. This will be the year Wilks can prove what kind of coach he is.

I'm a firm believer an elite coach with a few talented players can rise to the top. An All-Star field and a lousy coach equals a lot of heart break. A great coach with a few decent players equal a lot of surprises.

Wilks also sent 5 to the NFL this draft, 2 were free agents, one is banged up and my not make the cut. Think about that. 5 players from a roster of 45 or less.

Think this is a record for most edits... I'm in a hurry, my wife is pushing me out the door. lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

You've done a great job in explaining why no one has ever heard of St John's DC through the years.

SJC is a foundational Catholic school in D.C. that dates to the mid 19th Century.  In football they’ve played before literally almost 50,000 people at RFK stadium for the city championship in the ‘60’s while in basketball under Joe Gallagher (800+ lifetime wins?) were a primary challenger to Morgan Wooten’s DeMatha.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

No offense taken at all. I understand that you’re a bit agitated with the nationally relevant teams with the way things are going at Rummel. I’m glad you’re happy with the current state of Louisiana’s high school football. I understand the HC of your state university, LSU, thinks very highly of the WCAC...

https://mobile.twitter.com/T_dog10/status/1093308540910030849

Perhaps someone is bothered by the fact that Rummel  has been ranked # 234, 1,084 and 469 (RedZone loves MaxPrp rankings) the past three years while the WCAC has four schools in the top 100 and some in the top 25 every year? Which according to RedZone's definition makes Rummel a "nobody ranked somewhere in the 10,000s"...lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I really hope SJC puts 50 on 🦆 anVille  just to shut that Swamp Rat up

Doubt it...two top teams...in Texas. Funny that the "Bayou buffoon"  had to go to another state to find a team worth rooting for...lmao.

6 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Perhaps someone is bothered by the fact that Rummel  has been ranked # 234, 1,084 and 469 (RedZone loves MaxPrp rankings) the past three years while the WCAC has four schools in the top 100 and some in the top 25 every year? Which according to RedZone's definition makes Rummel a "nobody ranked somewhere in the 10,000s"...lol.

......perhaps someone isn't, but if it helps you feel good about something run with it.

Rummel is just another team in Louisiana.

Rummel has played just 2 teams from the east in our history.

1981: Rummel 31 MSA Champ Calvert Hall, MD 13

2015: NJ State Champ Don Bosco 10 Rummel 3 

I'm not really impressed either way...

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

......perhaps someone isn't, but if it helps you feel good about something run with it.

Rummel is just another team in Louisiana.

Rummel has played just 2 teams from the east in our history.

1981: Rummel 31 MSA Champ Calvert Hall, MD 13

2015: NJ State Champ Don Bosco 10 Rummel 3 

I'm not really impressed either way...

Maybe SJC can travel to Louisiana to play another LaSallian school (Rummel) next year. They have played in Pittsburgh (Central Catholic), California (DeLaSalle) and St. Louis (Christian Brothers) the last three years. The administration seems to like these matchups against other LaSallian schools.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gospeeder said:

It may be more interesting at Servite than we think.

After the MD IMG game I met some parents wearing Servite jackets and quipped about their misery the last few years. After getting to know them a little, I asked about the what they thought about the programs future and if it will ever make attending a MD / Servite game interesting again... like the game we just experienced. They made it clear to me that with Thomas back along with a significant influx of large Samoan linemen and skill level players who want to play for him... their next few classes are going to be better than good.

Plus they had a pretty decent frosh team last year. They blew everybody out sans two respectable losses to MD and SJB. I think they led vs. MD in the 4th. With JSerra getting better, this makes it even more appealing. 

On 5/8/2019 at 9:36 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Most of the teams you guys listed are the same old teams year after year.

I thought I would put a team not often mentioned on a national board, rarely on the state board up.

I'm intrested in seeing what John Wilkinson can do with New Symrna Beach. 2017 the team went 7L's- 3W's. 2018 they were 7W's- 3L's and the first winning season in many, many years in his first year as HC. Out of the 10 games scheduled this year they will have 3 decent Florida teams, not top 100 nat, but a few top 50 Florida. This will be the year Wilks can prove what kind of coach he is.

I'm a firm believer an elite coach with a few talented players can rise to the top. An All-Star field and a lousy coach equals a lot of heart break. A great coach with a few decent players equal a lot of surprises.

Wilks also sent 5 to the NFL this draft, 2 were free agents, one is banged up and my not make the cut. Think about that. 5 players from a roster of 45 or less.

Think this is a record for most edits... I'm in a hurry, my wife is pushing me out the door. lol

Ok Ill try to put some rarely mentioned teams up... Or some long shot darkhorses... 

Johns Creek... Helmerich seems determined to turn them around... Even playing St. Johns in his 2nd year last year. They lost 49-0, but the experience was priceless. They did well the rest of the regular season until the playoffs where they lost in the 1st Round. You gotta think at some point theyll make a move under Helmerich.

Hillgrove .... They had an incredible season last year... And were vastly underrated & under appreciated. They finished 12-1, with their lone loss coming to the eventual State Champ Milton Eagles in the 7A Quarterfinals by just 1 point, 20-19. It was a great game. Will they be able to build on that success this season & win a State Title.

Bainbridge ... Bainbridge finished the regular season 5-5 last year... But would go 5-0 in the playoffs and win the 5A State Championship. And it wasnt an easy road... Beating Jones Co., Wayne Co., Stockbridge, Buford, & Warner Robins... Whod just come off a stomping of Rome the game before. Bainbridge surprised everyone, if they can take that momentum into 2019, theyll be a top team in GA and Top 100 nationally.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

This isn’t going to happen.

SJC will be lucky to stay with Duncanville.

They might win, but it will be no cakewalk.

How did you go from "theyll be lucky to stay with them" in 1 sentence, to "they might win, but it will be no cakewalk" in the next.

There is no team SJC cant stay with. And theres no team they cant beat... Doesnt mean theyll always win, but theres no team they cant beat.

And Im higher on Duncanville than most. They were better than North Shore... They were just extremely unlucky at the end of that game last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wosinc said:

This isn’t going to happen.

SJC will be lucky to stay with Duncanville.

They might win, but it will be no cakewalk.

At SJC I’d take SJC 11 out of 10 times

but since their playing out of thier comfort zone in Texas it should be close game since their playing one of best teams in Texas either way it’s a win win .. cause if Texas gets blown out then we will Know Texas true colors but if it’s a close game then I’ll be satisfied I got to watch a great game

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ok Ill try to put some rarely mentioned teams up... Or some long shot darkhorses... 

Johns Creek... Helmerich seems determined to turn them around... Even playing St. Johns in his 2nd year last year. They lost 49-0, but the experience was priceless. They did well the rest of the regular season until the playoffs where they lost in the 1st Round. You gotta think at some point theyll make a move under Helmerich.

Hillgrove .... They had an incredible season last year... And were vastly underrated & under appreciated. They finished 12-1, with their lone loss coming to the eventual State Champ Milton Eagles in the 7A Quarterfinals by just 1 point, 20-19. It was a great game. Will they be able to build on that success this season & win a State Title.

Bainbridge ... Bainbridge finished the regular season 5-5 last year... But would go 5-0 in the playoffs and win the 5A State Championship. And it wasnt an easy road... Beating Jones Co., Wayne Co., Stockbridge, Buford, & Warner Robins... Whod just come off a stomping of Rome the game before. Bainbridge surprised everyone, if they can take that momentum into 2019, theyll be a top team in GA and Top 100 nationally.

I'd agree with Hillgrove.  Gonna be some tough football between Marietta, McEachern and Hillgrove.  Those three teams love each other about as much as Lowndes, Tift and Colquitt do.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

At SJC I’d take SJC 11 out of 10 times

but since their playing out of thier comfort zone in Texas it should be close game since their playing one of best teams in Texas either way it’s a win win .. cause if Texas gets blown out then we will Know Texas true colors but if it’s a close game then I’ll be satisfied I got to watch a great game

If SJC can keep it close it could go either way, but I’m afraid that Duncanville could break away.

I don’t want to beat the “Texas speed” drum, but sometimes you have to face reality - Duncanville was scary last year, and may well be again this year.

7 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

If SJC can keep it close it could go either way, but I’m afraid that Duncanville could break away.

I don’t want to beat the “Texas speed” drum, but sometimes you have to face reality - Duncanville was scary last year, and may well be again this year.

SJC is pretty fast too. 

Itll be a great game that could definitely go either way.

Ill take SJC 31-28.

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

How did you go from "theyll be lucky to stay with them" in 1 sentence, to "they might win, but it will be no cakewalk" in the next.

There is no team SJC cant stay with. And theres no team they cant beat... Doesnt mean theyll always win, but theres no team they cant beat.

And Im higher on Duncanville than most. They were better than North Shore... They were just extremely unlucky at the end of that game last year.

North shore led through most the game with DV taking the lead with a minute left,  at one point NS took a 3 score lead right before half, but had the TD called back; NS led in total yards with over 500+ and did all this with penalties favoring DV 10-2.     Nah, DV was not “better” they benefited from biased officiating 

8 hours ago, Wosinc said:

DV will have to slow down Jarrett, they had problems with NS WR last year. That was a hard lesson for them.   That, along with opening up their own passing game.  They can’t expect to run it down the throat of SJC’s very talented front 7 and win. 

I know these areas DV is working on as they’ve made coaching and player changes to address both issues.  

We’ll see how it all comes together in the fall, before then they need to focus on a surging and talented cross town rival in south oak cliff

I just jumped in on page 7 and saw Cajun talking shit to some DC/MD guys. 

Dont let him get to you. He is still mad that the 92nd best team in just Florida came over and skull dented his Rummel Raiders. This was a garbage public school who hopped on a county funded cheese wagon to head to New Orleans to take on a top 10 Louisiana team. 

Escambia went and lifted up Rummel’s skirt to an almost 3 touchdown romp

Mind you, this is a team so bad that there were 91 teams in Florida alone better than them. And they did this to a top 10 state ranked Louisiana team. 

I just wanted the WCAC guys know this when they are talking to this clown 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I just jumped in on page 7 and saw Cajun talking shit to some DC/MD guys. 

Dont let him get to you. He is still mad that the 92nd best team in just Florida came over and skull dented his Rummel Raiders. This was a garbage public school who hopped on a county funded cheese wagon to head to New Orleans to take on a top 10 Louisiana team. 

Escambia went and lifted up Rummel’s skirt to an almost 3 touchdown romp

Mind you, this is a team so bad that there were 91 teams in Florida alone better than them. And they did this to a top 10 state ranked Louisiana team. 

I just wanted the WCAC guys know this when they are talking to this clown 

Escambia was better than 92nd in FL but yeah they still embarrassed one of the top Louisiana teams

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Would have had Escambia between 50-70 range

Still a nasty gap between top 10 and between 50-70. 

50 - 70 is where transitional little league baseball players go during the fall. They have 70 foot baselines and pitch 50 feet from home plate. The league is called 50 - 70. It gets the 12 year olds ready for high school ball.

• Haha 1