East (UT) has a pretty nice schedule

sportsnut25

9 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Is it still too soon to stop calling East an s program that has no relevance nationally?

A couple years ago the coach said he wanted his program to be on par with Bingham. Last year they made a lot of noise with their on-field performance. This schedule has them positioned to not only challenge Bingham in-state, but take that OOS step as well. We'll see what happens, but they've definitely got the opportunity to become nationally relevant.

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Saguaro! just raised the stakes as well... :)   

I even have a hard time poo-pooing this matchup; still think an Arizona kickoff in September does play into Saguaro's favor, but I'm not convinced that elements alone are enough get them over on all the experience East has coming back.  This will likely be the first time since 2015 (in the very least) that Saguaro isn't (and shouldn't) be favored to win.

4 minutes ago, Gametime66 said:

I think East vs Bingham is a toss up still. I can't see East beating IMG. East can beat Saguaro and the rest of the schedule is cake for them.

I was thinking Westlake was TX. Apparently there is a Westlake, UT.

East still deserves credit for Bingham (are they in the same classification next year?), Saguaro, and IMG.

Just now, maxchoboian said:

I was thinking Westlake was TX. Apparently there is a Westlake, UT.

East still deserves credit for Bingham (are they in the same classification next year?), Saguaro, and IMG.

Yes they were very determined to play us so they petitioned to be in 6A. I wonder where the money is coming in from for this school for the mass amounts of traveling, even in state. Herriman is the only challenge I can see instate besides Bingham, even then Herriman fell off last year after their 2015 state championship.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I even have a hard time poo-pooing this matchup; still think an Arizona kickoff in September does play into Saguaro's favor, but I'm not convinced that elements alone are enough get them over on all the experience East has coming back.  This will likely be the first time since 2015 (in the very least) that Saguaro isn't (and shouldn't) be favored to win.

I hope it's a home and home and Saguaro gets East in 2018 also.