Illinois Thread 2019

Bones

Bones......

i`ve pretty much quit this forum.....I posted on the other side about the Walmart shooting....violence in Chicago...tried to be intelligent and objective and it was met with zero response by a bunch of  meatheads who spewed the same garbage and rhetoric at each other that they were accusing mindless leaders of doing.

Very few people have an interest in Illinois / Midwest football on this forum......so good luck....I guess it`s up to you to carry the torch.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Bones......

i`ve pretty much quit this forum.....I posted on the other side about the Walmart shooting....violence in Chicago...tried to be intelligent and objective and it was met with zero response by a bunch of  meatheads who spewed the same garbage and rhetoric at each other that they were accusing mindless leaders of doing.

Very few people have an interest in Illinois / Midwest football on this forum......so good luck....I guess it`s up to you to carry the torch.

That's too bad. I enjoy your posts about Illinois teams, and I definitely have an interest in squads from everywhere, including the Midwest. The more, the merrier, imo. This forum gets boring when we only talk about the same three states. Either way, I respect your decision to step away from the board if you choose, but I hope you reconsider and know that your input is valuable and respected (at least to me).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, abbatt said:

Bones......

5 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

That's too bad. I enjoy your posts about Illinois teams, and I definitely have an interest in squads from everywhere, including the Midwest. The more, the merrier, imo. This forum gets boring when we only talk about the same three states. Either way, I respect your decision to step away from the board if you choose, but I hope you reconsider and know that your input is valuable and respected (at least to me).

I agree with Adam.  I looked forward to your takes on Illinois football.

I hope you reconsider, but completely understand if you don’t.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abbatt said:

Bones......

Abbatt, I have really enjoyed your posts and appreciate the knowledge and perspective you bring to this board.  You are not just an enthusiast.  You provide valuable insight to an especially important area of the country that receives far too little mention on here.  As for the other board I have found that I need to stay off of it.  I disagree with too many of the opinions and am concerned that I could wear out a few welcomes promoting my own.  

Please reconsider.  

• Like 1

Adam...Wosinc....Big Drop.....

I do appreciate your comments and support....but I am pretty much done..

I am dealing with some heavy issues......my Mom  and Cat both have cancers....I am treating both Holistically.....and with  Zero point Energy perspective. Some success is being achieved...it must be done at the root cellular and Energy levels.Western health care is absurdly arrogant..ignorant in their symptomatic perspective....because big pharma runs their show

Bones started this thread and brings good knowledge and perspective on IL football. I`m sure that he can perform admirably.

I plan to look at the forum occasionally but only as an observer.

Good luck to all of you and your favorite teams......and keep your priorities clear.

Sincerely,

Abbatt

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, abbatt said:

I am dealing with some heavy issues......my Mom  and Cat both have cancers....I am treating both Holistically.....and with  Zero point Energy perspective. Some success is being achieved...it must be done at the root cellular and Energy levels.Western health care is absurdly arrogant..ignorant in their symptomatic perspective....because big pharma runs their show

Bones started this thread and brings good knowledge and perspective on IL football. I`m sure that he can perform admirably.

Good luck to all of you and your favorite teams......and keep your priorities clear.

Sincerely,

Abbatt

I’ve never had children-only cats who were my children.  In August of last year I had to put my 15+ year old to sleep who I dearly love.  He had cancer that spread to his stomach and liver and there were no signs until it was too late.  I know what you are feeling.

Absolute best.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, abbatt said:

Sincerely,

Abbatt

I understand.

Please do check in periodically if circumstances permit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abbatt said:

Sincerely,

Abbatt

Sorry to hear man. I just lost my sweet auntie to pancreatic cancer at the end of June. It's a bitch. All we can do is be there for them when it gets the hardest.

As for football, I have something saved on my laptop I'll post when I get home. But it's been too busy a summer to keep up with the happenings. 

• Like 4

Oh sheesh...

There's one published statewide poll in the entire state. While I respect the pollster I dislike the poll itself. Anyways he has the top 10 as such...

1. Lincoln Way East

2. East St. Louis

3. Maine South

4. Loyola

5. Phillips

6. Marist

7. Richards

8. Batavia

9. Minooka

10. Nazareth

The top 4 are okay I suppose. I completely disagree with Phillips top 5 as they will not be able to prove it on the field this season because of their schedule and class. Marist's best player (or one of their best 2) 4* WR Jadon Thompson, transferred to Naperville Central to be a target for QB Sam Jackson (makes me think Sam's cousin Dontrell Jackson will not be Marist's QB) and we can move Marist down as well. East St. Louis has the top shelf prospects, but will not be allowed by their conference to play up in 7A so it will be difficult to prove the lofty ranking in the post season, but their non-conference schedule will allow them to make a case. I'm not buying Richards this high and certainly not buying Minooka. I wouldn't have Minooka in my Chicagoland preseason top 20 let alone statewide top 9. Naz returns Michigan QB recruit JJ McCarthy and some guys on D. They should be good.

Personally, I'd go Loyola #1 and LWE #2. The rest, who knows? I think Mount Carmel will be big factor and they have the early schedule to prove it with both Maine South and Loyola in the 1st three weeks (also a reason you dont see IL teams with consecutive great records, top teams schedule each other). I probably would also have Naperville Central top 5.

Interesting note: QB Sam Jackson has been piling up offers despite having not started at QB since week 10 his freshman year when injury threw him in the role with hardly any snaps all season. His cousin I mentioned earlier has been given rave reviews from what I hear and people think if he doesnt get the QB position he may leave Marist. Both of them should actually be at Thornton Township, but they also have a QB who is getting high praise. Thornton is the high school of Antwaan Randle-El and theyre all in the same mold. Also, Dontrell Jackson Sr I think went on to QB at Ohio

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 5:00 PM, abbatt said:

Bones......

That other forum is a scourge. I wish you wouldn't have ever even peeked in there. It's disheartening to see what we have become as a society culminate among adults in such a manner. I think looking over there should be a wake up call rather than a cause to exit the sports discussion. 

I wish you and your family well either way.

I also second many of the others that your knowledge and posting on the midwest, especially Illinois is invaluable. These areas don't get enough coverage here and without you, will get even less. 

I for one have always appreciated your insight. It's tough for others to interact in a meaningful way in the discussions as the knowledge base is small. I'm afraid the knowledge base will be taking another hit with your exit. 

You certainly have to take care of those you love first though. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That other forum is a scourge. I wish you wouldn't have ever even peeked in there. It's disheartening to see what we have become as a society culminate among adults in such a manner. I think looking over there should be a wake up call rather than a cause to exit the sports discussion. 

I wish you and your family well either way.

I also second many of the others that your knowledge and posting on the midwest, especially Illinois. These areas don't get enough coverage here and without you, will get even less. 

I for one have always appreciated your insight. It's tough for others to interact in a meaningful way in the discussions as the knowledge base is small. I'm afraid the knowledge base will be taking another hit with your exit. 

You certainly have to take care of those you love first though. 

Best thing they did here was make that forum so that I don't have to see that rubbish while I discuss football.

• Like 3

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support......It is much appreciated.

I spend 4 hours a day working with my Mom and 3 hours per day working with my Cat...it`s a full-time job. I have a background in Holistic healing and work with Scalar zero point energy....and I put everything to use.....add a lot of love and I know that I will succeed.

Here is my top 10......I will try to expand on this at some point.....

!.  LWE....2. ESTL.....3.Nazarath Academy........4 Loyola Academy..... 5.Chicago Brother Rice.......6.Chicago Marist......7.Naperville Central.....8.Chicago Mt.Carmel.....9.Batavia.....10.Chicago Phillips. I put Maine South at 11...but this can all change quickly as many of these teams will be playing each other in the first few weeks.

ColeTrain06...what is your take on the IL/Ohio games.......Loyola vs St.Ignatius.....Naperville Central vs. Pickerington Central and  Naperville North vs. Massillion Perry ?

• Thanks 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, abbatt said:

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support......It is much appreciated.

I spend 4 hours a day working with my Mom and 3 hours per day working with my Cat...it`s a full-time job. I have a background in Holistic healing and work with Scalar zero point energy....and I put everything to use.....add a lot of love and I know that I will succeed.

Here is my top 10......I will try to expand on this at some point.....

!.  LWE....2. ESTL.....3.Nazarath Academy........4 Loyola Academy..... 5.Chicago Brother Rice.......6.Chicago Marist......7.Naperville Central.....8.Chicago Mt.Carmel.....9.Batavia.....10.Chicago Phillips. I put Maine South at 11...but this can all change quickly as many of these teams will be playing each other in the first few weeks.

ColeTrain06...what is your take on the IL/Ohio games.......Loyola vs St.Ignatius.....Naperville Central vs. Pickerington Central and  Naperville North vs. Massillion Perry ?

Thank you, abbatt.  My heart is with you for your mom and Pussycat.

And.....

Loyola vs Iggy is an extremely interesting game.  Kyle has a storied legacy in Cleveland but I believe this is his first game with a Chicagoland school.  Is Loyola the best if we look back over the last seven or eight years? Loyola is going to Cleveland:  do you know if they’ve had any other significant OOS games?

This is a game that could attract a great deal of national attention.

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

12 hours ago, Bones said:

Best thing they did here was make that forum so that I don't have to see that rubbish while I discuss football.

At first I thought having the “off-topic forum was a good idea, in that it got the political trash out of the football end of things, but now I’m sorry it even exists.

It adds nothing to Prepgridiron.com, and certainly doesn’t present our best face to the HS football community.

I wish Prep would just shitcan it completely.  There are plenty of other forums where people can vent.  We don’t need it here.

• Like 6

Big Drop....I wanted to respond before I get my day going.....As far as I know Loyola Has played these OOS games........

Lost to Dallas Jesuit in Ireland in 2012.  30-29 on a FG with 48 seconds left. LA had 3 returning starters and DJ had 14.

Beat Bishop Amat 13-6 in 2017 with 7 starters out due to injuries sustained in practice.

Last year beat Rockford, Mi 27-7 up there with again 3 returning starters.....It should have been a lot worse but LA fumbled twice inside the Rockford 5 yd line in the 2nd QT.DEF held Rockford to 67 total yds.

The LA /Iggy game will be rough for LA. I see that Iggy will have 2-3 inter-team scrimmages before this match-up while Illinois teams aren`t allowed to have these scrimmages.Iggy`s OF line goes about 290lbs. ..LA is about 265...but the Ramblers have about 30 kids between 6`3-6`5...230-270 lbs....stout...fast and athletic.    2 great coaching staffs going at it. I predict Iggy will win 21-17.

14 hours ago, abbatt said:

Big Drop....I wanted to respond before I get my day going.....As far as I know Loyola Has played these OOS games........

Lost to Dallas Jesuit in Ireland in 2012.  30-29 on a FG with 48 seconds left. LA had 3 returning starters and DJ had 14.

Beat Bishop Amat 13-6 in 2017 with 7 starters out due to injuries sustained in practice.

Last year beat Rockford, Mi 27-7 up there with again 3 returning starters.....It should have been a lot worse but LA fumbled twice inside the Rockford 5 yd line in the 2nd QT.DEF held Rockford to 67 total yds.

The LA /Iggy game will be rough for LA. I see that Iggy will have 2-3 inter-team scrimmages before this match-up while Illinois teams aren`t allowed to have these scrimmages.Iggy`s OF line goes about 290lbs. ..LA is about 265...but the Ramblers have about 30 kids between 6`3-6`5...230-270 lbs....stout...fast and athletic.    2 great coaching staffs going at it. I predict Iggy will win 21-17.

Thanks, abbatt.  I didn’t realize Loyola had played the TX and CA games.  And in Ireland!!! Really interesting.  Chuck Kyle must believe he is going to be good this year because in addition to hosting Loyola Iggy is travelling to D. C. to play DeMatha.

Big Drop.....

The LA/ Iggy game is at a neutral site in Michigan City, Indiana.

I don`t know who is considered the home team.

Loyola also played 4 OOS games against Milwaukee Marquette, WI and had a running clock in all 4 games. It`s not really much to brag about.....They should have played...Kimberly or Mukawonga, WI. pretty much the top teams from cheese land.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:36 AM, abbatt said:

By the way, if you are in Chicagoland I am jealous.  One of the great cities and great home towns anywhere.  Over the years I sold rides to both Six Flags Great America and also to Kiddieland.  One of my best memories of Chicago was an Italian beef stand, Johnny’s, on W. North avenue.  I probably went to Kiddieland ten or more times over the years on business.  Every single time I also went to the nearby Johnny’s.  Their “wet” Italian beef is one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2