Week 0 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

This year we are opening the Excuse Thread to the guys that put out the weekly polls.  I am sure @whiteshoes would like that we provided a vehicle for him to excu er explanations about some baffling picks that got exposed right off.  At least Whiteshoes put up a poll prior to games.  Very gutsy and we appreciated having a poll to criticize.

"Some" DLS fans are pissed, and have started blaming the refs, but surprisingly most of the DLS guys have begun to accept these OOS losses and are not bothering to offer "explanations"

The South Carolina teams on ESPN were equal to D-2 in So Calif.  Not much speed on the field compared to the DLS game.

1. Bellflower,CA St. John Bosco

2. Baltimore,MD St. Frances

3. Santa Ana,CA Mater Dei

4. Houston,TX North Shore

5. Washington,DC St. John's

6. Lakeland,FL

7. Ft. Lauderdale,FL Aquinas

8. Duncanville,TX

9. Bradenton,FL IMG

10. Miami,FL Central

11. Philadelphia,PA St. Joseph's

12. Hyattsville,MD DeMatha

13. Austin,TX Lake Travis

14. Concord,CA De La Salle

15. Corona,CA Centennial

16. Phenix City,AL Central

17. Honolulu,HI St. Louis

18. Katy,TX

19. Montvale,NJ St. Joseph

20. Las Vegas,NV Gorman

21. River Ridge,LA Curtis

22. Moultrie,GA Colquitt County

23. Sammamish,WA Eastside Catholic

24. Marietta,GA

25. Washington,DC Gonzaga

Just outside:

Miami,FL Columbus

Longview,TX

San Juan Capistrano,CA JSerra

Allen,TX

Harbor City,CA Narbonne

Lilburn,GA Parkview

Southlake,TX Carroll

W. Monroe,LA

Folsom,CA

Zachary,LA

This was my preseason poll. Looks like the only loss I have is PC Central to the #2 team, Hoover, by a last second FG. Parkview didn't look the part. Not a bad start so far. 

How did your tiers stand up to the first weekend of games?  

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This year we are opening the Excuse Thread to the guys that put out the weekly polls.  I am sure @whiteshoes would like that we provided a vehicle for him to excu er explanations about some baffling picks that got exposed right off.  At least Whiteshoes put up a poll prior to games.  Very gutsy and we appreciated having a poll to criticize.

"Some" DLS fans are pissed, and have started blaming the refs, but surprisingly most of the DLS guys have begun to accept these OOS losses and are not bothering to offer "explanations"

The South Carolina teams on ESPN were equal to D-2 in So Calif.  Not much speed on the field compared to the DLS game.

I will start!!!...

That was the most Awful and embarrassing officiating I have seen... They gave the game to STA....

That Bogus PI call on STA’s First drive that led to the TD.... And The embarrassing Incomplete pass/Phantom Fumble that led to the FG... That was the 10 points that was the Difference in the game...

But the worst thing I saw was calling a Penalty for a fan bumping into a cameraman on the sideline is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen at a Football game... Is there even such a penalty???.. Doesn’t sideline interference have to “Interfere” with the actual game???? WTF is that????....How is the cameraman part of the game????...

DLS out hit, out played and way out coached STA... Those Awful Refs took it away from them!!!!...

P.S....Don’t worry about the DLS QB having his worst game ever, that had Absolutely nothing to do with DLS losing, it was all the Refs fault!!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

1. Bellflower,CA St. John Bosco

2. Baltimore,MD St. Frances

3. Santa Ana,CA Mater Dei

4. Houston,TX North Shore

5. Washington,DC St. John's

6. Lakeland,FL

7. Ft. Lauderdale,FL Aquinas

8. Duncanville,TX

9. Bradenton,FL IMG

10. Miami,FL Central

11. Philadelphia,PA St. Joseph's

12. Hyattsville,MD DeMatha

13. Austin,TX Lake Travis

14. Concord,CA De La Salle

15. Corona,CA Centennial

16. Phenix City,AL Central

17. Honolulu,HI St. Louis

18. Katy,TX

19. Montvale,NJ St. Joseph

20. Las Vegas,NV Gorman

21. River Ridge,LA Curtis

22. Moultrie,GA Colquitt County

23. Sammamish,WA Eastside Catholic

24. Marietta,GA

25. Washington,DC Gonzaga

Just outside:

Miami,FL Columbus

Longview,TX

San Juan Capistrano,CA JSerra

Allen,TX

Harbor City,CA Narbonne

Lilburn,GA Parkview

Southlake,TX Carroll

W. Monroe,LA

Folsom,CA

Zachary,LA

This was my preseason poll. Looks like the only loss I have is PC Central to the #2 team, Hoover, by a last second FG. Parkview didn't look the part. Not a bad start so far. 

How did your tiers stand up to the first weekend of games?  

Thanks for posting.  all in all you nailed it.  Your Top 10 looks awesome.  Maybe the strongest Top 10 ever posted.

Your 14,15,16, all lost.  but only #15 was blown out.  #16 lost to an unranked team tho.  You went out on a limb with them and got burned. 

The Tiers were unscathed.....of course I have only released Tier 5 and 6 so far.  Vanilla Vanilla.

18 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I will start!!!...

That was the most Awful and embarrassing officiating I have seen... They gave the game to STA....

That Bogus PI call on STA’s First drive that led to the TD.... And The embarrassing Incomplete pass/Phantom Fumble that led to the FG... That was the 10 points that was the Difference in the game...

But the worst thing I saw was calling a Penalty for a fan bumping into a cameraman on the sideline is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen at a Football game... Is there even such a penalty???.. Doesn’t sideline interference have to “Interfere” with the actual game???? WTF is that????....How is the cameraman part of the game????...

DLS out hit, out played and way out coached STA... Those Awful Refs took it away from them!!!!...

P.S....Don’t worry about the DLS QB having his worst game ever, that had Absolutely nothing to do with DLS losing, it was all the Refs fault!!!!....🤣🤣🤣

Yeah.  Usually there is a sideline warning first.  That DLS sideline is ridiculously thin tho.  The season ticket holders like it tho cuz they can hear the coaches yelling at their kids.

The refs had their hands full with all the opening game mistakes by both teams.  Pressure of the speed of the game causes mistakes. 

DLS seemed to want to prove they can throw the ball, but their passing scheme is basically 1 man routes.   Trying to throw is what contributed most to the lostgame for DLS.  Although they just got beat by a clearly better team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yeah.  Usually there is a sideline warning first.  That DLS sideline is ridiculously thin tho.  The season ticket holders like it tho cuz they can hear the coaches yelling at their kids.

The refs had their hands full with all the opening game mistakes by both teams.  Pressure of the speed of the game causes mistakes. 

DLS seemeed to want to prove they can throw the ball, but their passing scheme is basically 1 man routes.   Trying to throw is what contributed most to the lostgam e for DLS.  Although they just got beat by a clearly better team.

I just want to know how running into a cameraman is sideline interference with the game... Is the cameraman on the playing field????....

”Clearly Better”.... I wouldn’t say that... Bigger yes, Faster not so much and Coaching not even close.... STA Coaching was not very impressive....

That was 2 bad calls away from being a 14-14 game....🤣

Man, I am sounding like a fan of “The Devil” now... Good thing DLS didn’t get shut out 14-0, Now that would be embarrassing!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

I just want to know how running into a cameraman is sideline interference with the game... Is the cameraman on the playing field????....

”Clearly Better”.... I wouldn’t say that... Bigger yes, Faster not so much and Coaching not even close.... STA Coaching was not very impressive....

Man, I am sounding like a fan of “The Devil” now... Good thing DLS didn’t get shut out 14-0, Now that would be embarrassing!!!....🤣🤣🤣

DLS played to about 85% of their 2019 potential (aka coaching).  STA played to about 65% of their potential.  That is why the game was somewhat close.  DLS had no room for error due to the talent disparity.  DLS  needed to play an almost perfect game (like the Streak teams would do) to win tonight.

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Your 14,15,16, all lost.  but only #15 was blown out.  #16 lost to an unranked team tho.  You went out on a limb with them and got burned. 

DLS lost a competitive game to a top 10 team. That won't hurt them that much. Yes, Cen10 got blown out by MD, but the Monarchs are going to blow everyone else out (except SJB and SFA). Cen10 won't fall that far. 

As far as PC Central losing to an unranked Hoover, I have to decide whether Hoover should've been ranked to begin with or if I should drop PC Central all the way out. I will probably go with the latter.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Lmao 😂 wasn’t camera guy wasn’t even filming the game, he’s was a 3rd party taking Photographs 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao 😂 wasn’t camera guy wasn’t even filming the game, he’s was a 3rd party taking Photographs 

No shit!!!...🤣🤣🤣.... The most ridiculous penalty I have ever seen....

I thought you had to do something real for sideline interference like Mike Tomlinson when he tripped that dude running back a kick off for a TD!!... Now that is Sideline interference!!!...🤣🤣🤣 

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

So that we are all clear, was it not a ref that ran into a cameraman?

13 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Armwood over Plant by running clock. Plant is awful this year. No speed, can't tackle, no offensive rhythm. They don't need to make excuse.  They are just under talented and soft.

Armwood plays North Gwinnett GA next week. Obviously Armwood is pretty good... North Gwinnett plays Colquitt at 2:45 today so maybe we'll get an idea of which way that game is going to go afterwards.

• Like 2

Blueliner

• All of this has been said, but it's my .02.

1. As already expressed by everyone, it was a little sloppier than I expected. Early season jitters for both teams. DLS needs to work out some kinks in their somewhat revamped offense...most notably substitutions. That fumble at half was brutal. They'll be alright.

2. Refs were awful. That early PI was bogus...led to a score. The running into the flag on the sideline...led to a score. The "catch and fumble" led to a score to seal it. That said, DLS earned all of those drive-killing procedure penalties.

,588 posts
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

What a joke. Remember the botched fumble at the goal line last year that changed the entire game? #NoExcuses

Your fan boy team was beat by a better team. The score would have been worse if STA didn't fumble in DLS territory trying to be cute. 

STA was CLEARLY better. Your squad had 16 or so penalties, much of which were false starts and 12 men on the field. Total joke. And you make excuses!? Apparently you didn't watch the game like the rest of us.

Enjoy #2 in Norcal 😉 

PS- Keep capitalizing random letters. It really emphasizes your credibility and education. Don't bother typing one of your long ass responses, riddled with spelling and grammar errors. It just makes you look like a clown. 

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

What a joke. Remember the botched fumble at the goal line last year that changed the entire game? #NoExcuses

Your fan boy team was beat by a better team. The score would have been worse if STA didn't fumble in DLS territory trying to be cute. 

STA was CLEARLY better. Your squad had 16 or so penalties, much of which were false starts and 12 men on the field. Total joke. And you make excuses!? Apparently you didn't watch the game like the rest of us.

Enjoy #2 in Norcal 😉 

PS- Keep capitalizing random letters. It really emphasizes your credibility and education. Don't bother typing one of your long ass responses, riddled with spelling and grammar errors. It just makes you look like a clown. 

Capture.PNG

14-0.... I think I spelled That Correctly...🤣

108-38.... I got That one Right As Well...🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?.....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

14-0.... I think I spelled That Correctly...🤣

108-38.... I got That one Right As Well...🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?.....🤣🤣🤣

You sound as delusional as this dude. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Garrett is better than Ngata!? LMFAOOOOOOOOO! Tell that to every major D1 program knocking on his door! 

Garrett has offers from San Jose State!

DLS scored as many points on STA as they did on Folsom last year. I think I spelled that correctly :)

Enjoy the loss. 

Capture1.PNG

3 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

You sound as delusional as this dude. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Garrett is better than Ngata!? LMFAOOOOOOOOO! Tell that to every major D1 program knocking on his door! 

Garrett has offers from San Jose State!

DLS scored as many points on STA as they did on Folsom last year. I think I spelled that correctly :)

Enjoy the loss. 

Capture1.PNG

Which is 14 more then O which is what Folsom scored on DLS.... 🤣🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?....🤣🤣🤣

Also, that is a great take by that poster from the Nor Cal Board and he may be right...

Did you read my post as well?... I thought it was excellent Too!!!!....🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Which is 14 more then O which is what Folsom scored on DLS.... 🤣🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?....🤣🤣🤣

Also, that is a great take by that poster from the Nor Cal Board and he may be right...

Did you read my post as well?... I thought it was excellent Too!!!!....🤣🤣

LMFAO. This dude thinks Garrett is in the same league as Ngata. Comical. 

I am flattered. Folsom's defense must be the best in NorCal. Holding DLS to the same amount as STA did. A win!

@DLS_Spartan this clown, representing your fan base thinks I am you. 😉

34 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

LMFAO. This dude thinks Garrett is in the same league as Ngata. Comical. 

I am flattered. Folsom's defense must be the best in NorCal. Holding DLS to the same amount as STA did. A win!

@DLS_Spartan this clown, representing your fan base thinks I am you. 😉

I don’t “Think” That Garret is in the same “league” as Nagata... The 187 Yards on 17 carries against STA says that he “is” on the same level as Nagata...

As soon as Nagata puts up 187 yards on 17 carries against a defense as good as STA, then we will “Know” that Nagata “is” as good as Garret....🤣🤣🤣

Nagata shouldn’t worry about it though... Last year his Brother was dominated by a No Star DB from DLS and he is doing fine at Clemson....🤣🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1