Week 0 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Blueliner

• All of this has been said, but it's my .02.

1. As already expressed by everyone, it was a little sloppier than I expected. Early season jitters for both teams. DLS needs to work out some kinks in their somewhat revamped offense...most notably substitutions. That fumble at half was brutal. They'll be alright.

2. Refs were awful. That early PI was bogus...led to a score. The running into the flag on the sideline...led to a score. The "catch and fumble" led to a score to seal it. That said, DLS earned all of those drive-killing procedure penalties.

,588 posts

Also, the NorCal refs don't like DLS for clubbing baby seals for past 10 generations🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Also, the NorCal refs don't like DLS for clubbing baby seals for past 10 generations🤣

DLS always gets jobbed by the Home refs 

its been part of the price to pay and, you almost feel it’s a bit merciful to the local comp 

but they are supposed to be with us vs outsiders and let us down badly 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

LMFAO! You might want to tell every college coach in America that they are recruiting the wrong dude. 😉

Until than- Clemson Vs. San Jose State

#NoExcuses 

Yes hopefully there are no excuses for Little Nagata and he shows better against DLS’s small undersized defense with no line backers then his Brother did getting dominated by a No Star defensive back who ended up at lowly San Diego State...🤣🤣🤣

Nagata should run for 250 yards and 4 TD’s against DLS’s inexperienced and undersized defense with all new players who were not playing when DLS completely shut Folsom Down allowing 0 points....🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?... Did I spell “0” Correctly?.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

P.S... Can we please take this to the “Folsom is Whatever” Thread?... No one on here wants to watch you go back and forth about a team “Folsom” that doesn’t matter....🤣🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?... Wheres the Luv for a Fellow DLS fan clowning  “Block” Dude???...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes hopefully there are no excuses for Little Nagata and he shows better against DLS’s small undersized defense with no line backers then his Brother did getting dominated by a No Star defensive back who ended up at lowly San Diego State...🤣🤣🤣

Nagata should run for 250 yards and 4 TD’s against DLS’s inexperienced and undersized defense with all new players who were not playing when DLS completely shut Folsom Down allowing 0 points....🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?... Did I spell “0” Correctly?.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

P.S... Can we please take this to the “Folsom is Whatever” Thread?... No one on here wants to watch you go back and forth about a team “Folsom” that doesn’t matter....🤣🤣🤣

Right @DLS_Spartan ?... Wheres the Luv for a Fellow DLS fan clowning  “Block” Dude???...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yawn..................

I won a long time ago. I was just having fun. Now it's getting boring.

A win is a win. I'm just glad I got you to fix your capitalized letters. 😉

#DLSExcuseClub

15 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

#DLSExcuseClub

About what?

being 3-0 with none closer than last year’s shutout?

having no-name kids get lesser offers than the stars they’re clubbing like a regular baby seal 

don’t we need a reason to have an excuse?

• Haha 1

Colquitt had to ride yeller school buses to the Benz.  Couldn't afford to run the air.  Also...the players were forced to eat BK Impossible burgers.   Uh, and our AD was on the sidelines.   Our two kickers were asked to stay in Norman Park.  We had to pull a kid from science class to kickoff...to kick XPs...and to kick FGs.  And Coach Roger's had a bad hair day.

All that...and we still won....UGLY.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pops said:

DLS always gets jobbed by the Home refs 

its been part of the price to pay and, you almost feel it’s a bit merciful to the local comp 

but they are supposed to be with us vs outsiders and let us down badly 

I miss the good old days when referees understood that partisanship stopped at the border...😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

Oh, except for infamous Ngata fumble. The play that changed that entire game. 

A total hosejob, I agree. #NoExcuses 

You should save your hashtag for a post you're not actually providing an excuse -- looks like you don't know what that word means

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I expect a lot of home cooking for MD....even tho it's at a "neutral" site. Also, I expect SFA to really flex its muscles and show us who they really are when they play MD. 

MD got some home cooking Against IMG with Ascender players getting tossed last year. 

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

Re-read @Pops

You were lucky to have gotten a first pass

btw, I was proud of the way everyone was ignoring you during the game thread — you were being an ass and even those of us that allow ourselves to occasionally be asses on here have agreed to turn it off in game threads 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

btw, I was proud of the way everyone was ignoring you during the game thread — you were being an ass and even those of us that allow ourselves to occasionally be asses on here have agreed to turn it off in game threads 

How so? Name one thing I said that wasn't true. And from what I see daily on this forum, what I say pales in comparison to others. When I type, it is just magnified because of the bizarre obsession with Folsom from a handful of weird middle aged men. That's what makes it so fun. 

Plus- I was dead on about the outcome. 😉

On 8/25/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sammyswordsman said:
   16 hours ago,  imaGoodBoyNowsaid: 

They got a sophomore QB because their SR has Mono... I don’t see them winning this game unless coach Vito can out coach Sta coach 

Biggest improvement most teams have is from their first game to their second........STA wins.

Atleast DBP has beaten STA? 

What about the Cali boys?