St Frances Academy 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

ATLien12x

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No, they didn't rule against anything.  Desoto was taken to the woodshed the week before vs Arlington Martin.  Nothing devastating about the IMG loss.  Desoto finished 6-6 that year.  

Ok I thought some Texas coaches and administrators agreed no more games with img going forward??

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Ok I thought some Texas coaches and administrators agreed no more games with img going forward??

No, they talked about playing privates after the BG loss.  But it was never a restriction placed. (Coaches balked at IMGs recruiting tactics, they were calling players directly during the season, which pissed off a few coaches)  Coaches are free to schedule whom they want.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

No, they talked about playing privates after the BG loss.  But it was never a restriction placed. (Coaches balked at IMGs recruiting tactics, they were calling players directly during the season, which pissed off a few coaches)  Coaches are free to schedule whom they want.  

Ok, thanks for clarification. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Tune in tonight for SJB!! 

Just watched on DVR.   They are very good, but I like SFA better.   SFA would not give DJ anywhere near the amount of time, plus the DBs cover very well.      Dematha had a very limited offense  but they moved the ball pretty well against them just could never score.   SFA's just good.   Their kids all are jacked and look like they are 21 years old lol.  I guess we'll see.   Only thing is how SFA does when their QB get's in trouble.   

It's Hard to tell because SJB has a good pass offense.   They look more like a regular HS Solid private than SFA.     SFA looks more like IMG in their prime without the lackadaisical effort.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

SFA is playing Mater Dei, IMG, SJR, Miami Central etc 

Yes they’re a super team, yes it’s not real HSFB, but they’re obviously doing what they can to play the other Monstars and I respect that 

And making a mockery of the game of high school football in the process.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lakeland is a talented neighborhood public with great coaching. 

St Frances has 25 plus D1s. They are IMG of the Northeast taking kids from multiple states. 

Like Atlien said. This is not real football. It is a collection of recruited talent that could only be explained as something between high school football and college football. It’s not real high school football. It’s past that 

JuCo. That’s what they look like to me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

True, but I see it. These academies aren't going anywhere though, they're catching on.  Sooner or later it will pop up in TX.  

The private schools in Texas have their own Division: TAPPS. It has no chance to turn into a trending national threat because the athletes are leaving these schools to play for the publics. 

17 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If SJC wins big look for Texas to never play those traveling circuses ever again. 

Bishop Gorman playing Cedar Hill was another example. They ain’t gonna want to do it anymore 

Not necessarily. The coach for Duncanville is pretty bold. He’ll gladly battle them. Coach Samples. He flew his Skyline team to Florida to play Glades Central in 2010 I believe?

He also hosted St. Thomas Aquinas and Cocoa, and now hosting St. John’s College with his Duncanville team.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

The private schools in Texas have their own Division: TAPPS. It has no chance to turn into a trending national threat because the athletes are leaving these schools to play for the publics. 

I’m not talking TAPPS.  I mean an independent sports academy like IMG.  I believe one will pop up in Texas soon. Someone with $$ will want to build their own National team 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, ATLien12x said:

LOL I see you’ve been reading the chatter on National group & WarZone. So I’ve heard. But they still signed up and took the game. Knew the deal before hand. And got spanked. Can’t cry about age (WHICH ALL MGR parents did) after the fact. There was only 4  15 year old kids and Rod Mack knew ahead of time

It was 27-0 with a shortened clock. They would’ve won without those kids. 

That is terrible...

16 hours ago, 954gator said:

Just watched on DVR.   They are very good, but I like SFA better.   SFA would not give DJ anywhere near the amount of time, plus the DBs cover very well.      Dematha had a very limited offense  but they moved the ball pretty well against them just could never score.   SFA's just good.   Their kids all are jacked and look like they are 21 years old lol.  I guess we'll see.   Only thing is how SFA does when their QB get's in trouble.   

It's Hard to tell because SJB has a good pass offense.   They look more like a regular HS Solid private than SFA.     SFA looks more like IMG in their prime without the lackadaisical effort.  

Man, speaking of their QB. I liked him a lot in the geico game last year but figured he did well just because they had so much time to prepare for that game and Lee wasn’t as good as we would want (idk if they were or not). 

But just like in that game last year, on Saturday he showed the exact same poise, and perfect mechanics on a very consistent basis. It was pretty damn great to watch that in such a young kid. Was thinking he had much more competence of the game than either QB In the Canes/Gators game that followed. 

If he gets a few more inches I’m sure he’s going to be a top 2-3 qb I’m his class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hsfblover said:

Man, speaking of their QB. I liked him a lot in the geico game last year but figured he did well just because they had so much time to prepare for that game and Lee wasn’t as good as we would want (idk if they were or not). 

But just like in that game last year, on Saturday he showed the exact same poise, and perfect mechanics on a very consistent basis. It was pretty damn great to watch that in such a young kid. Was thinking he had much more competence of the game than either QB In the Canes/Gators game that followed. 

If he gets a few more inches I’m sure he’s going to be a top 2-3 qb I’m his class.

SFA QB is legit. By the time he's a senior, he could be like JT Daniels legit.