CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

I’m just sayin 

i have no doubt Calpreps takes a whole state into consideration when scaling 

ECHS should show us the whole States results instead of just the one y’all like.

Ive been over this dozens of times & you just keep saying the same thing over & over. 

The GISA & the GHSA DO NOT PLAY.

Therefore, NO, they... Are...NOT... Scaled... Together. 

If they dont play, they can not be scaled together. Its impossible.

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

Where’s Munroe (FL) vs Georgia Christian?

Georgia Christian is not a GHSA team.

Georgia Christian is in NO way connected to ANY GHSA team... Because it doesnt play ANY GHSA team.

Again, Ive been over this dozens of times in years past.... And its always you who never gets this part for some reason.

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree with that as whether we like it or not, they are included in the overall scaling. 

In this particular week, that one game probably would have a minimal effect on the overall picture, but, it should still be included if we are trying to keep the recording precise. 

Nobody thinks about the GISA teams when thinking about Georgia football. 

No. They arent included in the overall scaling.

Georgia Christian will in no way be connected to any GHSA teams, because they dont play any GHSA teams... Nor do they play any teams that play any GHSA teams. So therefore they are not connected to any GHSA teams.... So they cannot be scaled against any GHSA team.

You can only be scaled against teams that you play, and teams that play the teams you play... The further you go down that line of teams playing teams that play teams, the less & less scaled together theyll be.

GHSA teams will be connected at all levels (obviously some more than others, teams in the same class will be connected more than teams in different classes)... Because teams play teams that play teams that play the same teams... 

Taking GISA teams & just adding their OOS game results to GHSAs scaling would be idiotic... I really really hope Ned isnt doing that...

I suppose its possible Ned just took every team with a GA behind its name and added X amount of points to them based on OOS play, but I really hope not... Id seriously question his competency to make this algorithm at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ive been over this dozens of times & you just keep saying the same thing over & over. 

The GISA & the GHSA DO NOT PLAY.

Therefore, NO, they... Are...NOT... Scaled... Together. 

If they dont play, they can not be scaled together. Its impossible.

I never said they were scaled together 

i said Calpreps takes into consideration the whole state when scaling said state 

you like to pretend GA doesn’t have this whole section of incredibly crappy football 

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I never said they were scaled together 

i said Calpreps takes into consideration the whole state when scaling said state 

you like to pretend GA doesn’t have this whole section of incredibly crappy football 

Holy shit.

GISA teams dont play GHSA teams. Idk what else to say to you. Weve done this dance before.

If Ned is using GISA teams to scale GHSA teams, hes really really dumb. I hope thats not the case... It makes literally no sense.

And YOU just said they arent scaled together... If GISA doesnt affect GHSA... Why would I include them? I dont care about the GISA.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Holy shit.

GISA teams dont play GHSA teams. Idk what else to say to you. Weve done this dance before.

If Ned is using GISA teams to scale GHSA teams, hes really really dumb. I hope thats not the case... It makes literally no sense.

And YOU just said they arent scaled together... If GISA doesnt affect GHSA... Why would I include them? I dont care about the GISA.

What if they are doing that though? 

Would it surprise you after seeing them include a controlled scrimmage as a game of record? 

It wouldn't surprise me at all. There is clearly problems with Georgia in the algorithm. Who's to say this isn't part of the problem?

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What if they are doing that though? 

Would it surprise you after seeing them include a controlled scrimmage as a game of record? 

It wouldn't surprise me at all. There is clearly problems with Georgia in the algorithm. Who's to say this isn't part of the problem?

Could he be doing that? Its possible. Theres 0 logic behind that though.

That would completely F the GHSA.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Could he be doing that? Its possible. Theres 0 logic behind that though.

That would completely F the GHSA.

Clearly @Ararar thinks that is what is happening. 

There was zero logic behind including a controlled scrimmage as well. Did not stop them from doing that. I haven't even looked lately, but, they didn't even have the correct coach for Colquitt the last time I looked. 

In spite of the GISA and GHSA schools not playing, or effectively being scaled together, it is totally possible that they are included in the overall state scale as it pertains to interstate play. 

I think the curator of Cal Preps is just that kind of asshole. xD

Please keep a separate tally and see if the scaling numbers become more correct with their inclusion. This way we can figure out whether the idiot is including GISA with GHSA. 

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So we are talking top 5 Fla. vs. AJC number 10 Ga. 

Is there a 20 point separation between top 5 Fla. and barely top 10 Ga. I guess we are bound to find out. 

Armwood isn’t ranked higher in Florida than Colquitt in Georgia. 

So Armwood shouldn’t be expected to win by more than 11 points. 17-6 kinda game 

Only difference is Armwood has to take an eight hour backbreaking trip on cheese wagons to go against a quality opponent and the referees. 

If Armwood can win by one point it will be a good win 

47 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who’s over preforming in OOS games?? , if we took out all the Isb teams and low level teams and just Count National OOS games  like Bergen SFA SJC etc etc  Ned seems pretty on point 

Doesnt work like that.

All these teams feed off of each others ratings. All levels need to be right for any level to be right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Armwood isn’t ranked higher in Florida than Colquitt in Georgia. 

So Armwood shouldn’t be expected to win by more than 11 points. 17-6 kinda game 

Only difference is Armwood has to take an eight hour backbreaking trip on cheese wagons to go against a quality opponent and the referees. 

If Armwood can win by one point it will be a good win 

Colquitt had to take a 3 hour bus ride and deal with the same hater refs. 

I'm telling you, at least one of them wears red stockings. 

xD

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Holy shit.

Brother you keep showing us that GA is scaled wrong correct.Well that’s not because Ned hates GA.There is clearly a mathematical reason behind that incorrect scaling and all I’m sayin is dig a little deeper to possibly find that reason.

Calpreps is an algorithm so what other reason could there be than the GISA being included in GA scaling ? I realize your head may explode if this is the case😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Scale-Gate 2019

stay tuned!!!

Freeman and the Gang  

There's a party goin' on right here
A scaleabration to last throughout the years
So bring your 40 times, and your defense too
We gonna scaleabrate your football with you
Come on now
Scaleabration
Let's all scaleabrate and have a good time
Scaleabration
We gonna scaleabrate and have a good time
It's time to come together
It's up to Freeman, what's his pleasure
Everyone around the states
Come on!
Yahoo! It's a scaleabration
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

Of course. When have I ever steered you wrong?

When Lakeland beat a mediocre Pittsburgh Central Catholic team, you thought that they were going to win another state championship.

I had to make all kinds of last minute schedule changes to accommodate all of the national championship functions and ring fittings, etc.

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.0c315bf7f8e341d9df447973820bf03c.png

NC currently has 5 teams rated in the top 100 and 59 teams rated in the top 1000

GA currently has 4 teams rated in the top 100 and 35 teams rated in the top 1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 year end finish when avg. rating goes up as well as schedule strength when all is said and done.   Big difference of change will happen again this year.  

image.thumb.png.12cc3ad1a6750848829c03fca5d288ac.png

NC  top 100 (1), top 1000 (26)

GA  top 100 (7), top 1000 (64)

• Haha 1

https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sports/prep-football-offensive-honor-roll/article_a9b9734f-cab6-516c-9688-d0e5b8814dac.html

Grayson

C.J. Dixon, 19 of 36 passing for 242 yards, 2 TDs

Ryan King, 5 catches for 111 yards, 2 TDs, long of 77 yards

Darius Daniel, 5 catches for 78 yards  :)  

Garrett Brophy, 80 percent blocking grade, 5 knockdown blocks, 0 sacks allowed

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.thumb.png.0c315bf7f8e341d9df447973820bf03c.png

NC currently has 5 teams rated in the top 100 and 59 teams rated in the top 1000

GA currently has 4 teams rated in the top 100 and 35 teams rated in the top 1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 year end finish when avg. rating goes up as well as schedule strength when all is said and done.   Big difference of change will happen again this year.  

image.thumb.png.12cc3ad1a6750848829c03fca5d288ac.png

NC  top 100 (1), top 1000 (26)

GA  top 100 (7), top 1000 (64)

Bringing some heat

This happened because MC tied with DF?  MC was like 8 in MC at CP, and DF was 1 in SC... At game time