CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You complain when people do this to you... 

But then you do the same crap... 

Who is complaining?

It's just humorous watching a man waste his life on trying to make GA a Top 3 state.....GA will always be a Top 5 state computer or no computer.

If I develop a mental disorder like that you have my premission to shoot me or chop my head off.....deal?

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Who is complaining?

It's just humorous watching a man waste his life on trying to make GA a Top 3 state.....GA will always be a Top 5 state computer or no computer.

If I develop a mental disorder like that you have my premission to shoot me or chop my head off.....deal?

Pretty clear you are lost on the motivation behind this.

I REALLY hurt your feelings yesterday. Im sorry Rummel isnt relevant enough to go on the Pick Em. Tell them to play better football & theyll find their way on eventually.

I dont care if Georgia is Top 3, 5, or 25... I want them to be scaled correctly and represented accurately. Thats my only goal.

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They are putting Georgia "as they prefer"

They think they are being slick. Glad you are watching their bullshit. 

Thanks. 

This feels extremely sarcastic.

Me doing this led to Ned changing the way he scales states, so regardless of who here wants to see it... Its made atleast some difference. His "State Scaling" page, doesnt exist without me.

This wouldn't be necessary if a few clowns didnt constantly quote their rankings like their gospel, trying to use it in an argument as if it means anything.

And @golfaddict1 has had my back & understood since the beginning. He gets it & is actually interested in it.

Its my time to waste... So idc what butt hurt Rummel clowns think of it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Me doing this led to Ned changing the way he scales states, so regardless of who here wants to see it... Its made atleast some difference. His "State Scaling" page, doesnt exist without me.

This wouldn't be necessary if a few clowns didnt constantly quote their rankings like their gospel, trying to use it in an argument as if it means anything.

and I have still not forgiven @stanscript for this. 

He clearly screwed up. Despite all that, GA still had no top team last year. 

This is so easy to fix. Take care of business on the field in big OOS match ups.

You have a good team this year in Marietta. If they keep winning GA will not need your crying. 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

I was being mostly serious. I'm with you bro. 

Ned pretty much continually shits on Georgia High School Football. 

Starting Marietta and Colquitt in the back half of the top 100 was preposterous. Amazingly after one game they both wound up in the top 40. Now today, Colquitt has slid back a bit more, seemingly due to the -.5 you mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This is so easy to fix. Take care of business on the field in big OOS match ups.

You have a good team this year in Marietta. If they keep winning GA will not need your crying. 

Stanscript has nothing to do with it & didnt understand it himself.

Why should something, people that follow HSFB use, go unchecked for errors & remain flawed when there is a fix? 

GA could win every OOS game it played in, but with actual "state scaling" taking effect.... It wouldn't matter because they manually control teams/states... And its pretty clear Ned has GA further down the totem pole than they belong.

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was being mostly serious. I'm with you bro. 

Ned pretty much continually shits on Georgia High School Football. 

Starting Marietta and Colquitt in the back half of the top 100 was preposterous. Amazingly after one game they both wound up in the top 40. Now today, Colquitt has slid back a bit more, seemingly due to the -.5 you mentioned. 

If Colquitt had started with a 70 or so, theyd be much higher right now... In the 17-20 range.

How it is though, they started around a 51 rating or so ... So that 69.8 game Performance rating vs North Gwinnett has only led to a 60.8 rating for them so they sit at 41... That affects all teams ... North Gwinnett is lower than they should be because Colquitt is lower than they should be. Armwood took a bigger hit to their rating in the loss because North Gwinnett is lower than they should be and so on and so on... Its a cycle.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If Colquitt had started with a 70 or so, theyd be much higher right now... In the 17-20 range.

How it is though, they started around a 51 rating or so ... So that 69.8 game Performance rating vs North Gwinnett has only led to a 60.8 rating for them so they sit at 41... That affects all teams ... North Gwinnett is lower than they should be because Colquitt is lower than they should be. Armwood took a bigger hit to their rating in the loss because North Gwinnett is lower than they should be and so on and so on... Its a cycle.

Is GA HSFB better than CA HSFB? Simple question, simple answer. I shall wait. 

55 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Oh, I see them now..#204 in GA

204 East Coweta (Sharpsburg, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 2 AAAAAAA 0-2 0-0 0-1 -2.2 22.8 2-1
WINS: none, LOSSES: #792 Carrollton (GA) (33-3), #851 Mill Creek (Hoschton, GA) (38-6)

It is interesting that two of the resident goofballs around here graduated from high schools that have bad football teams.

And so they just exist as fans of particular states in general.

Yet somehow they still managed to be super biased homers.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

At the very least it severely damaged whatever credibility he had.

There are some simple tweaks that could be made very quickly that would make calpreps better.

1) Remove the "win" floor of 15 points. A 1-point win should be worth 1 point, not 15.

3) Increase the MOV ceiling to 35 points.

2) Remove the playoff boost. It's arbitrary and doesn't help determine which teams are stronger.

He would immediately have a better product.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It is interesting that two of the resident goofballs around here graduated from high schools that have bad football teams.

And so they just exist as fans of particular states in general.

Yet somehow they still managed to be super biased homers.

He's super concerned about Colquitt's starting placement at Calpreps....he's arguing, making a case.....AGAIN!! 😄

f4b91389518b83fbd0beb389c356816d85d29c41.jpeg

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

North Gwinnett is lower than they should be because Colquitt is lower than they should be. Armwood took a bigger hit to their rating in the loss because North Gwinnett is lower than they should be and so on and so on... Its a cycle.

So what criteria are you using to claim, definitively, that North Gwinnett should be higher?

You don't like the algorithm because it undervalues Georgia teams (it doesn't) but you don't have any solid evidence that Georgia teams are better than their rating. You just assert it like you do everything else.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

He's also the same guy who thought Valdosta was good in 2016.

Remember when Colquitt managed to get Vista Murrieta to come to GA a few years back? He thought it was the greatest win in GA history until he saw what happened to Vista later in the season.

VM is a mid tier CA team AT BEST.

Comical. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Remember when Colquitt managed to get Vista Murrieta to come to GA a few years back? He thought it was the greatest win in GA history until he saw what happened to Vista later in the season.

He thought it was the greatest win in GA history until Colquitt beat Trinity Catholic (MO).

• Haha 1

Cal Preps said that Colquitt had the 25th toughest schedule in the country and had them ranked in their preview inside the top 30. They then manually moved them to outside of the top 100 before the first game was even played. 

They then a few days later adjusted slightly and brought them back into the 70s. 

The algorithm is junk. It's junk because they go in and move stuff around manually "as they prefer" after they have given an initial rating. 

Period.