CalPreps Ratings vs. GAs OOS Game Performance - Weeks 0-7

ECHS05

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The algorithm is junk. It's junk because they go in and move stuff around manually "as they prefer" after they have given an initial rating. 

Period. 

The initial rating itself is subjective by definition since no data exists to create the rating in the first place.

But it takes below average intelligence to understand this so......

• Thumbs Down 1

33 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Remember when Colquitt managed to get Vista Murrieta to come to GA a few years back? He thought it was the greatest win in GA history until he saw what happened to Vista later in the season.

VM is a mid tier CA team AT BEST.

Comical. 

Yeah... This is a straight up lie. If youre going to troll atleast bring something believable.

I dont even remember mentioning this game much after it happened.

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Without my STA roots my interest would be diminished to the point that I wouldn't be fanatical enough to frequent a message board of degenerates.

Yet you rarely even talk about STA. You actually try to avoid bringing STA into the conversation most times. Your interests are trolling.. And it doesnt go far beyond that. So I find everything you said impossible to believe

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Not really. VM sucked.

On 8/21/2017 at 2:14 PM, ECHS05 said:

The evidence says the opposite.  That VM is most definitely Top 25 and much better in SoCal.

The truth will be made known anyway.

I agree that IF VM isnt Top 25, they will lose pretty big. But the evidence says they are better than that.

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2017 at 8:18 PM, ECHS05 said:

[2017] Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA) 28, [2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 27

... anything less than this from Vista Murrieta and Id be ashamed to show my username around here again if I were you

On 8/21/2017 at 8:38 PM, ECHS05 said:

Out of the insane amount of 1,048 teams in CA... Vista Murrieta has finished inside the Top 25 of those 1,048 every single year for the past 8 years and starts inside it again for the 9th...

This sandbagging is one of the more pathetic displays Ive ever witnessed.

Vista Murrieta is 9th in All of CA in the Dynasty Rankings for the last 5 years

Vista Murrieta is 8th in All of CA in the Dynasty Rankings since 2003 to present..

2017: Preseason #24 in all of CA

2016 : 9-3, #21 in All of CA

2015 : 12-2, #14 in All of CA

2014 : 11-3, #17 in All of CA

2013: 12-2, #9 in All of CA

2012: 13-2, #9 in All of CA

2011: 9-5 (because of forfeits), #4 in All of CA

2010: 12-2, #21 in All of CA

2009: 13-1, #13 in All of CA

On 8/21/2017 at 9:47 PM, ECHS05 said:

I guess we will see wont we.

The hyprocrisy of the sandbagging... after you all ragged us about it...  is enough to make you gag.

There is no evidence they are going down hill.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Looks like exactly what I said. 

I pointed out their dynasty rankings.

There is nothing there indicating .... And I quote """thought it was the greatest win in GA history""" ... As franky said.

You said that anything less than a Vista Murietta win would be shameful.

You didn't point out anything. You claimed that anybody who said that they weren't very good was sandbagging and that Vista Murietta was a top 25 team in California.

This is why I like the quote function. People can read it for themselves. You certainly were not a bystander. You were propping these fools up.

• Thumbs Down 1

Here comes The Guru again! Ready to die on Dummy Hill yet again. 

Gonna try to repeat something that has been a point of contention since forever about Cal Preps not being an unbiased source. We all know that the starting rating and , now, even the rating after the season starts is subjective and manipulated by someone at Cal Preps. Hell, the latter is what we were posting about before The Guru and Franky James crawled out from under the bridge. 

It's a damned "DUH!" that the starting rating and now even the rating after a few games are played is subjective. 

Then, we see him trying to fall on a sword for the source because they claim to get their info directly from the coach as they normally have "have not heard back from coach" as a disclaimer until they apparently have. However this is the same source that has had to back pedal and add paragraphs after having been found wanting in their honesty and will to be forthcoming. 

The only "coach" Colquitt has since before the preview was introduced has been Justin Rogers. I'm sure he filled the survey out saying Rush Propst was the head coach. Sure of it! xD

On 1/19/2017 at 8:27 PM, ECHS05 said:

I mean... VM did beat "#99" Madison(SD) CA...by 11. 

And played Mater Dei closer than anyone outside of SJB... and Rancho Cucamonga by 6 points. 

On 1/21/2017 at 5:24 AM, ECHS05 said:

Horse shit.

Colquitt was 2 points better than VM last year according to CALIFORNIAPreps. You guys cant back that shit all the time and then ignore it in these situations.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:39 AM, ECHS05 said:

Points scores vs Mater Dei this past season...

42 - St. John Bosco

30 - Vista Murrieta

21 - St. John Bosco, Rancho Cucamonga

16 - Servite

14 - Santa Margarita, Orange Lutheran, Bishop Amat

7 - JSerra, Upland

0 - Edison, La Mirada, Tesoro, Mayfair

On 1/22/2017 at 11:17 AM, ECHS05 said:

Ok... then lets go with MoV...

Mater Deis MoV this past season...

-14 - St. John Bosco

+5 - St. John Bosco 

+27 - Rancho Cucamonga 

+33 - Vista Murrieta 

+42 - Edison, Orange Lutheran, Servite

+48 - Santa Margarita, La Mirada

+49 - Bishop Amat 

+52 - JSerra 

+55 - Upland

+63 - Mayfair

+69 - Tesoro

So VM played Mater Dei closer than everyone but SJB and Rancho Cucamonga

On 1/22/2017 at 6:21 PM, ECHS05 said:

Actually VM is 1 of only 3 teams that DIDNT lose by a running clock margin to MD. 

On 1/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, ECHS05 said:

In reality, VM is #8 in Californias dynasty ratings over the last 5 years.... so they arent too bad. (Dynasty ratings at CP got nothing to do with their National Ratings)

• Thumbs Down 1