SEC vs. BIG 12 (Texas vs. LSU)

DevilDog

I was surprised to learn that this is the 1st time in history that a game involving both conferences are the 1st matchup of top 10 teams in History between the two in a regular season game.

I will tell you that Texas has taken a shot at them already.  Should be a good one.   Texas is a 5pt Underdog right now. 

Photo: Texas Is Already Taking Shots At LSU

@Frosty4024 @State Champ  I think you guys are both LSU fans.  What's your take on this one.  

The argument over who the real DBU is won’t be identified this weekend. But you gotta love to see two teams using the tag to ramp up the smack talk.

Here is a good article from Austin on the SEC.  The writer has many good points.  

https://www.hookem.com/columns/bohls-big-12-vs-sec-texas-lsu-nears-really-no-argument/

Tom Herman doesn’t sound convinced.

In fact, he looked downright puzzled when I asked him on Monday if he agreed that the SEC is the premier league in the country.

“It’s not my job to judge whether one conference is better than the others, but I know this: I haven’t had one NFL scout or general manager telling me they’re drafting kids based on a patch on their jersey or anything like that,” Herman said.

Dabo Swinney, the one guy who legitimately can take umbrage over the SEC’s perceived dominance after beating Alabama for titles two the last three years, weighed in this summer and poked the bear.

“Listen, the SEC is a great conference, but I don’t think they’ve been as deep the last few years,” the Clemson coach told ESPN. “I think they’ve had two or three really good teams, and then it’s kind of been hit-or-miss from there. It’s an awesome league, for sure, and I know people say that Alabama was tired because they went through the grind and had to play all these teams. Well, they won by an average of 33.1 points per game (entering the CFP), so they ought to be well-rested.”

Swinney did have a strong point.

This game feels more important of a W for LSU than Texas. Auburn & Alabama in the future. Can’t afford a week two stumble if the goal is CFB playoff 

La Tech threw for 300+ last week against a young secondary. I like Joe to get it done but it would not surprise me if Ehlinger made enough plays at the end. Definitely worthy of hype and prime time. Love it being an on campus game too in Austin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

This game feels more important of a W for LSU than Texas. Auburn & Alabama in the future. Can’t afford a week two stumble if the goal is CFB playoff 

La Tech threw for 300+ last week against a young secondary. I like Joe to get it done but it would not surprise me if Ehlinger made enough plays at the end. Definitely worthy of hype and prime time. Love it being a inn on campus game too in Austin. 

LSU is basically going to have to take out half of the Top 10 to get a spot in a playoff.

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, and Texas A&M....then Georgia or possibly Florida again.

It is it what it is. Tough grind. 

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Frosty is a Colorado fan.

RedZone is LSU.

Go Buffaloes!

I guess TX fanboy posting Dabo Swinney quotes about the SEC is somewhat relevant to LSU/Texas....Sunday morning most of Texas will be fans of whoever won Saturday............they may break out the Texas A&M t-shirts.  You know how the Texas t-shirt fan works. It's been well documented. 😄

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

LSU is basically going to have to take out half of the Top 10 to get a spot in a playoff.

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Texas, and Texas A&M....then Georgia or possibly Florida again.

It is it what it is. Tough grind. 

If we wanted to hear from You obviously you would have been Tagged but you know dog 💩 about anything 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If we wanted to hear from You obviously you would have been Tagged but you know dog 💩 about anything 

What's up, junkie.

Plan on shooting up in a Texas/LSU thread today?...

Hey, I was thinking........it will be getting colder sooner than you think, you set up with a warm coat and boots? 

@Frosty4024 @Horsefly

The Horns are down to one scholarship RB.  Keontay Ingram.   The rest are beat up and injured.  They have moved Rochon to the #2 RB this week.  Crazy.  Jordan Whittington has a sports hernia tear out about 6 weeks.   That will be interesting

Also surprised this is the 1st ever top 10 regular season rankings between each conference.  Hook Em!

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Frosty4024 @Horsefly

The Horns are down to one scholarship RB.  Keontay Ingram.   The rest are beat up and injured.  They have moved Rochon to the #2 RB this week.  Crazy.  Jordan Whittington has a sports hernia tear out about 6 weeks.   That will be interesting

Also surprised this is the 1st ever top 10 regular season rankings between each conference.  Hook Em!

Will be a tough one for the Horns this week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

One?  I thought it was 2?

Who is the other scholarship RB available?   Whittington went down in the La. Tech game.

https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-jordan-whittington-six-weeks-bad-news-piles-horns-running-backs/

Texas coach Tom Herman announced Monday that running back Jordan Whittington is being sent to Philadelphia to see renowned surgeon Dr. William Meyers after aggravating his problematic groin injury. Whittington, the star freshman from Cuero, will likely miss six weeks to hopefully fix an issue that’s bothered him since high school.

Going into this week’s showdown with No. 6 LSU, Herman said Texas’ top two tailbacks are Keaontay Ingram and quarterback-turned-running back Roschon Johnson, “who just started learning the position 10 days ago.”

Sunday night, the coaches moved Gbenda — pronounced “Benda” — from linebacker to running back. The 6-foot, 220-pound freshman played tight end at Katy Cinco Ranch before a permanent move to linebacker.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I was surprised to learn that this is the 1st time in history that a game involving both conferences are the 1st matchup of top 10 teams in History between the two in a regular season game.

I will tell you that Texas has taken a shot at them already.  Should be a good one.   Texas is a 5pt Underdog right now. 

Photo: Texas Is Already Taking Shots At LSU

@Frosty4024 @State Champ  I think you guys are both LSU fans.  What's your take on this one.  

The argument over who the real DBU is won’t be identified this weekend. But you gotta love to see two teams using the tag to ramp up the smack talk.

I will just say this.  The Texas DB's IMHO did not play that good vs Louisiana Tech.  They will need to be so much better vs LSU

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Go Buffaloes!

I guess TX fanboy posting Dabo Swinney quotes about the SEC is somewhat relevant to LSU/Texas....Sunday morning most of Texas will be fans of whoever won Saturday............they may break out the Texas A&M t-shirts.  You know how the Texas t-shirt fan works. It's been well documented. 😄

People like myself -  I would be extremely pleased and shocked if either A&M or UT pulled off win this weekend.

I am not going to get my hopes up...Both could play really good and still lose.  

I have always enjoyed watching the LSU defense - They can be down right nasty at times!

Texas did not impress me vs Louisiana Tech -  They will need to be so much better this week to even keep it close vs LSU 

Maybe Louisiana Tech is better than I thought - didn't realize they had won bowl games the last 5 years.

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Maybe Louisiana Tech is better than I thought - didn't realize they had won bowl games the last 5 years.

Yeah, Skip Holtz does a great job at La-Tech with a bunch of 3* kids...he'll be there awhile unless someone snatches him up.

Bowl year Bowl game Participants Result Rank
2018 Hawaii Bowl Louisiana Tech vs. Hawaii W 31–14  
2017 Frisco Bowl Louisiana Tech vs. SMU W 51–10  
2016 Armed Forces Bowl Louisiana Tech vs. Navy W 48–45  
2015 New Orleans Bowl Louisiana Tech vs. Arkansas State W 47–28  
2014 Heart of Dallas Bowl Louisiana Tech vs. Illinois W 35–18

10 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

La Tech threw for 300+ last week against a young secondary. I like Joe to get it done but it would not surprise me if Ehlinger made enough plays at the end. Definitely worthy of hype and prime time. Love it being an on campus game too in Austin. 

I do believe the Texas DB's and the entire defense will need to play so much better vs LSU.

The QB at Louisiana Tech was making his 4th opening day start  -  He has been pretty good player for them starting all 4 years.

His stats vs UT -  34 of 51 331 yards 2TD 1int

His stats vs LSU last year  27 of 50 330 yards 3TD 1int