IMG 35 SJC 20 Final

MA Fan

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Neither has anyone else outside of Texas, (Which is a shame) except GSB who was first and foremost kissing up to Duncanvilles coach.

I will be the voice of reason in a few weeks. Hard to think there’s a defense that flies around like MD. I’ll have to see all 11 flying sideline to sideline to back up dv. Our olb caught Blake corum down the sideline and popped the ball out of bounds last week, loved that. But that’s what EJ and rollo demand. Will be interesting to see sjc’s team speed as well. I expect dv to be much faster than sjc. 

• Like 1

Couple of things - nobody here is predicting DV beats MD...I will assure you DV can play with them.

i have also watched SFA and there’s not that much difference between them and SJC .  Both play pretty sloppy and even though they both have tune of D1 talent they don’t really execute plays at high level.  Both DV and MD played them in home state and both had similar outcomes.

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Couple of things - nobody here is predicting DV beats MD...I will assure you DV can play with them.

i have also watched SFA and there’s not that much difference between them and SJC .  Both play pretty sloppy and even though they both have tune of D1 talent they don’t really execute plays at high level.  Both DV and MD played them in home state and both had similar outcomes.

Guarantee you sfa beats sjc. Cmon man. Talent levels also aren’t similar sfa has much more talent. Both qbs on sfa and sjc are average. All 11 starters on defense at sfa are going D1. Every single guy will play on saturdays. The MD/sfa game was over at halftime. I think dv runs with MD or Bosco for 3 quarters at most. You have to score a every possession to beat either team. Md and Bosco would confuse the hell out of dv with different looks and stretch the field. I promise you it gets much more complex then what NS showed them in the final. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Guarantee you sfa beats sjc. Cmon man. Talent levels also aren’t similar sfa has much more talent. Both qbs on sfa and sjc are average. All 11 starters on defense at sfa are going D1. Every single guy will play on saturdays. The MD/sfa game was over at halftime. I think dv runs with MD or Bosco for 3 quarters at most. You have to score a every possession to beat either team. Md and Bosco would confuse the hell out of dv with different looks and stretch the field. I promise you it gets much more complex then what NS showed them in the final. 

That’s your opinion .  You don’t have to score every possession if your defense gets some stops and Duncanville has very good defense too!

45 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Just for shits and grins have you looked up all the talent at SJC ?

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

In your opinion, is DV a lot better than they were last season ? I know I was impressed with their qb , but their defense was ok, not special

Jaquinden Jackson just being a year older makes them better. They are going to win the title if he stays healthy. I put JJ up there with some of the great Texas HS QBs all time. I'm talking Vine Young, Reggie McNeal, Kyler Murray. He's in their league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

In your opinion, is DV a lot better than they were last season ? I know I was impressed with their qb , but their defense was ok, not special

Better than last year.  Dv is probably the youngest upper tier team as well.  They play a ton of sophs and have maybe the 2 best freshman in the state.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

It’s hard to say at this point.

They had good defense last year.  You probably only seen them play NS and I doubt you truly respect how talented they actually are.