IMG 35 SJC 20 Final

MA Fan

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It’s hard to say at this point.

They had good defense last year.  You probably only seen them play NS and I doubt you truly respect how talented they actually are.

I respect their talent no doubt. But I don't think from what I saw against Allen and NS, that they are a fundamentally sound, well oiled machine. They rely on their Athleticism much like SFA. And to be honest, except for qb position, SFA is probably the most talented team across  the board I have  ever seen in H.S., with possible exception in IMG.  MD is extremely talented also, but they are coached like they are a college team, sound in all phases. A qb like DV has, will not beat an MD. MD will neutralize him and ultimately break down a team running on athleticism. Talent only goes so far. This is why I predicted MD by 2 or 3 td's against SFA. This is why I continue to question the rating of a SJC. I have seen SJC since they played DELA in 2017 multiple times. They are overrated despite their talent . Far lesser teams talent wise beat them, or come very , very close. I respect DV, and to be honest I haven't checked them out this season . But just from what I know, I would take this MD team by at least 2 td's if they played . But maybe DV is a well oiled, college coached level team this season, so who knows.  .  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I respect their talent no doubt. But I don't think from what I saw against Allen and NS, that they are a fundamentally sound, well oiled machine. They rely on their Athleticism much like SFA. And to be honest, except for qb position, SFA is probably the most talented team across  the board I have  ever seen in H.S., with possible exception in IMG.  MD is extremely talented also, but they are coached like they are a college team, sound in all phases. A qb like DV has, will not beat an MD. MD will neutralize him and ultimately break down a team running on athleticism. Talent only goes so far. This is why I predicted MD by 2 or 3 td's against SFA. This is why I continue to question the rating of a SJC. I have seen SJC since they played DELA in 2017 multiple times. They are overrated despite their talent . Far lesser teams talent wise beat them, or come very , very close. I respect DV, and to be honest I haven't checked them out this season . But just from what I know, I would take this MD team by at least 2 td's if they played . But maybe DV is a well oiled, college coached level team this season, so who knows.  .  

Was mater dei a well oiled, college level team when they lost to SJB 41-18?     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Please don’t put dv and Bosco on the same level lol. It’s not close. Game was canceled Friday night due to weather they came out the next day and beat us. Not making excuses because we lost. Was an out of character game for us but we adjusted and when it mattered we beat them. Who holds Bosco to 13 points in December? Only MD. Would love to hear somebody say dv’s offense is even remotely close to Boscos. All I’d have to say to that is roll the tape. Bosco is the only team in the country that can beat us. I’ve said it 100x & I’m sure it’s annoying but the coaching and schemes are not on the same level. Md and Bosco would confuse the hell out of dv. Jaquidens a freak athlete, not elite at reading coverages because NS hid nothing. What he saw pre snap was exactly the defense they played. Not the case with MD/SJB. What happens when dv meets a Md or  Bosco team that is bigger up front with just as many athletes and are better coached? 

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Those are only in the city.  The metro area (add DeMatha, Good Counsel and 6 million more people) would look different. DeMatha has its own 14 or 15 major Division one players and Gonzaga (yes, D. C.) has extraordinary coaching and team chemistry in addition to a qb equal to MD’s.

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Please don’t put dv and Bosco on the same level lol. It’s not close. Game was canceled Friday night due to weather they came out the next day and beat us. Not making excuses because we lost. Was an out of character game for us but we adjusted and when it mattered we beat them. Who holds Bosco to 13 points in December? Only MD. Would love to hear somebody say dv’s offense is even remotely close to Boscos. All I’d have to say to that is roll the tape. Bosco is the only team in the country that can beat us. I’ve said it 100x & I’m sure it’s annoying but the coaching and schemes are not on the same level. Md and Bosco would confuse the hell out of dv. Jaquidens a freak athlete, not elite at reading coverages because NS hid nothing. What he saw pre snap was exactly the defense they played. Not the case with MD/SJB. What happens when dv meets a Md or  Bosco team that is bigger up front with just as many athletes and are better coached? 

That’s not my point.  These are kids and they will play like kids sometimes.  MD is not a college program, nor are they run like one,  that’s just CA idiocy.  The conversation pretty much ended for me when I read that. 😆  

if DV is this middling team then why are you coming here to put your own eyes on them personally? 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Maybe, all depends how committed they are in reaching their goals 

Depends on how much longer Kevin Plank (owns Under Armor) continues to pour money into the school he went to.  If they have four losses when they begin WCAC play he may back off.  Then if they lose again in the league.  Factor in SJC Coach who is my age (old) and he may decide he doesn’t need this anymore.

2 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Depends on how much longer Kevin Plank (owns Under Armor) continues to pour money into the school he went to.  If they have four losses when they begin WCAC play he may back off.  Then if they lose again in the league.  Factor in SJC Coach who is my age (old) and he may decide he doesn’t need this anymore.

All could be possible 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Damatrius Davis beat you but you want Bryce young or dj uiaglelei? YIKES. Now an hour and 32 mins in to the tx state championship game on YouTube and neither team has checked at the los after seeing a coverage/match up they don’t like. Different style of football. 

The best WR in the NATION is Shadrach Banks when healthy.  He beat Dville.  

I’ll also make the argument that to play away, in a deafening, partisan “foreign” stadium and town is worth some number of points to the home team.  DeMatha crushed St. Ignatius today 42-0 here.  If the game had been played in Cleveland the result would have been the same but not a margin of 42 points.

Texas teams do not travel.  I wonder how DV would do if they played MD IN CA?  SJB played SJC here a couple of years ago and eked out a victory as did IMG today in a game that was much closer than the score. MD will win here next week but I expect 10-14 points not 20-30 if they play in CA.

47 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That night they weren't. Last year's MD was retooling from the previous year, and even though they beat IMG, they hadn't hit their stride at that point. SJB had a Pro level QB who had a phenomenal night and torched them.  That game probably helped MD more than it hurt them.  MD got much better down the stretch and the next time they played SJB, they made DJ look very pedestrian in trying to beat MD with his arm. I don't recall DV qb being a great passing qb, but more of a running qb, like Vince Young as some have said. IF DV has a passing attack like SJB, and a defense like SJB, than maybe they could beat MD. Maybe. This MD offense this season is way ahead of where they were last season at this point.  That SFA defense was completely nasty. I can't imagine any team this season that could do what MD did to them. They methodically picked them apart despite  a pass rush that was as good as any I have seen.  SFA is head and shoulders above a team like an SJC. I can't see anyone else beating them, unless they have all phases at top notch level. DV and NS both had great talent, no doubt, but I just didn't see that same level of a coached up program like MD is But, as I have said, I haven't seen DV this season, only going off of last season. If they have gone to another level this season, than I could be wrong.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

You shouldn’t assume that MD is better coached than DV.  

Should I assume that the only reason MD is relevant these days is because they have more transfers than any other time in there history?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Should I assume that the only reason MD is relevant these days is because they have more transfers than any other time in there history?

Do your homework. Been relevant. Not assuming MD is better coached they are better coached. As said earlier, after watching the entire tx state championship game there wasn’t one check at the line of scrimmage by either quarterback or coach. No hidden coverages on defense what so ever, what they show is exactly what they play. Whatever the play call was they ran it regardless of  the defensive look shown and had tons of plays that were dead before they even got started. That’s bad coaching. Good luck playing playing sjb/md without having your players making adjustments on their own and on the spot. Jaquiden wouldn’t know what to do if somebody showed him one look and then after the snap completely changed the look and coverage. he’s a freak athlete but once he plays a powerhouse that takes his ability to run and makes him go through progressions against elite db’s....lol. Different style of football, Duncanville is reliant on their athletes and talent not their scheme. Watch any MD/Bosco game and see the quarterbacks adjusting at the l.o.s. Roll the tape. 

0B993B52-5A5C-420F-9569-029F2165848F.png

26 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I just say that because that is what I observe from MD. Their technique in the way the line plays. The balance of their offensive play calling. Their adjustments etc. You couple all of that with all the 4 and 5 star recruits, they are a formidable beast to contend with. SJB imop not as well coached, but incredible talent also. I would assume if you traded coaching staffs between DV and MD, with the kids buying in like they do at MD, a team like NS and DV would go to the next level. No one questions the talent of those Texas teams, but are they reaching their full potential is a question to ask. Just like IMG or SFA, I don't think those teams reach their full potential either.

The argument of whether the level of recruiting that is going on , is it right or wrong, is for another thread. I just think you have to deal with it. I know Dela has to deal with it. It would be nice to see Texas top teams join the oos like everyone else. Then we could see those MD vs DV or Katy matchups

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

I just say that because that is what I observe from MD. Their technique in the way the line plays. The balance of their offensive play calling. Their adjustments etc. You couple all of that with all the 4 and 5 star recruits, they are a formidable beast to contend with. SJB imop not as well coached, but incredible talent also. I would assume if you traded coaching staffs between DV and MD, with the kids buying in like they do at MD, a team like NS and DV would go to the next level. No one questions the talent of those Texas teams, but are they reaching their full potential is a question to ask. Just like IMG or SFA, I don't think those teams reach their full potential either.

The argument of whether the level of recruiting that is going on , is it right or wrong, is for another thread. I just think you have to deal with it. I know Dela has to deal with it. It would be nice to see Texas top teams join the oos like everyone else. Then we could see those MD vs DV or Katy matchups

I agree that there are teams that don’t get the most from their talent like SFA and SJC.  I would never put that tag on DV and that staff or honestly any of the top teams from Texas.  

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

When is the dead period(s) for football practices there in CA?  

St. John's has a big O-line but they're so out of shape and slow off the ball.

QB is solid

WR are good overall

HBs are slow, and they don't compliment the offense SJC runs. I think a quick scat back would help this offense immensely, but they're pretty much playing with a handicap at this position.

Defensively that number 8 kid has huge upside to me(Clemson Commit), but he's not in game shape. Against Saint Josephs Prep he had his hands on his hips after every down, but the kid is explosive as hell when he's not tired. Saint Johns is very thin along the D-line no substituting, they're pretty good, but have no depth which means they'll get worn out pretty quickly.. I think their weakness on defense is their LB's and of course their depth along the DL. DB's are solid nothing special.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

St. John's has a big O-line but they're so out of shape and slow off the ball.

QB is solid

WR are good overall

HBs are slow, and they don't compliment the offense SJC runs. I think a quick scat back would help this offense immensely, but they're pretty much playing with a handicap at this position.

Defensively that number 8 kid has huge upside to me(Clemson Commit), but he's not in game shape. Against Saint Josephs Prep he had his hands on his hips after every down, but the kid is explosive as hell when he's not tired. Saint Johns is very thin along the D-line no substituting, they're pretty good, but have no depth which means they'll get worn out pretty quickly.. I think their weakness on defense is their LB's and of course their depth along the DL. DB's are solid nothing special.

I am not totally disagreeing with you.  

The QB -  Not sure I can give him solid rating throwing the ball in the 2 full games I have seen him.  (DV & IMG) Solid scrabbling for positive yards.