Texas Guys.... Check this out

FootballGuy

just fund the damn game. Pay for the entire varsity traveling squad and the entire coaching staff and Im positive you will get more than enough takers. 

The article in question and most like it are always calling out Texas. I have yet to read a Texas news paper calling out any other state. 

He/you guys are calling us out. You're the rich boys from a private school, fund the game, we will come. Otherwise we will stay right here and play each other in front of huge crowds every Friday night...guess what not one time will any us be thinking about CA high school football. 

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

You now expect kids (from public schools) to take up what little spare time they have these days to raise thousands so they can spend it to play 1 football game in California?

I PRAY Im missing something and am reading this wrong.

Are y’all that fucken lazy?

good lord 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

I call bullshit.Its not the kids it’s the adults.I promise you if I asked every kid on  a team in Texas they would gladly sell candy or some other fund raiser to fly to California and play.Dont put this on the kids it’s the adults 

The teams are all ready fund raising and asking a lot from the community.  Some of my closest friends are in the fundraising business and I will assure you these kids are not selling enough candy bars, cups, discount coupons to cover the cost of flying the entire team from CAli to Texas or other long distance flights - plus hotels, transportation and food.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

BULLSHIT. You ask a Texas kid say from Euless would he rather play any team in CA or SLC,  Allen, Desoto, Katy, Duncanville, NS. LD Bell. Id bet to a kid they wd all say the Texas team. 

Do you think any other team in Texas thought Euless Trinity was this big bad monster because we beat DLS? Fuck no they didn't. Beating SLC was a bigger game and a better win for us that yr.

I’ll bet otherwise 

like I said the kids aren’t trying to protect something the adults are

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The teams are all ready fund raising and asking a lot from the community.  Some of my closest friends are in the fundraising business and I will assure you these kids are not selling enough candy bars, cups, discount coupons to cover the cost of flying the entire team from CAli to Texas or other long distance flights - plus hotels, transportation and food.

Then you are piss poor at fundraisers 

Notre Dame has been fundraising to prepare for the trip because they plan to send 75 players and coaches, 100 band members, and 12 cheerleaders to Dublin for the game. Notre Dame is estimating the cost of the trip to be $2,500 per person factoring in roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals.

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Most of our schools don’t have money to play oos , it’s strictly funded by the fundraising alumni and TDClub

Some public schools have great booster clubs and others not so good.  The good ones here help purchase training equipment and other necessities that may be needed.  It’s all about priorities and as you can see traveling across the country to play game when there is good game down the street is not priority.

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Then you are piss poor at fundraisers 

Notre Dame has been fundraising to prepare for the trip because they plan to send 75 players and coaches, 100 band members, and 12 cheerleaders to Dublin for the game. Notre Dame is estimating the cost of the trip to be $2,500 per person factoring in roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals.

Dallas Jesuit has already played there and beat Loyola Academy IL in 2012

See the common denominator- private school.  To many public school families, $2500.00 is a lot of money when they struggle to keep food on the table or simply pay rent.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

just fund the damn game. Pay for the entire varsity traveling squad and the entire coaching staff and Im positive you will get more than enough takers. 

The article in question and most like it are always calling out Texas. I have yet to read a Texas news paper calling out any other state. 

He/you guys are calling us out. You're the rich boys from a private school, fund the game, we will come. Otherwise we will stay right here and play each other in front of huge crowds every Friday night...guess what not one time will any us be thinking about CA high school football. 

How did Trinity raise money to play in Washington?

48 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dallas Jesuit has already played there and beat Loyola Academy IL in 2012

See the common denominator- private school.  To many public school families, $2500.00 is a lot of money when they struggle to keep food on the table or simply pay rent.

Yeah except public school Hamilton (az) also fundraised their trip to Ireland the same year to play Norte Dame

the excuses just keep piling up

If you truly want to give the kids and the fan base the best experience then schedule to play in Texas.

Filled up SMU for MNW

Gave DLS incredible experience 

You bring us known stacked teams and we will make the place rock.

win or lose it will be experience that will stay with you forever.  To see this and experience our spirit and passion for HS football will truly inspire you.

I am still in awe at many games that I attend. You can just feel the spirit of the game we all love...It’s almost heavenly  euphoric type feeling!

I will assure that in Two weeks when I attend Southlake vs Guyer game - I will be sitting at not only one of the best big boy games  in the country, but also arguably best atmosphere games in the country that will be standing room only in 12000 seat  stadium in Denton ISD Collin Stadium.

cant wait

Euless Trinity OOS 

2008 beat Louisiana State Champ John Curtis 26-12  - Trinity 13-1 beat in Regional 

2009 beat Utah State Champ Bingham 42-21  - Trinity 14-2 won state 

2010 beat Arkansas State Champ Shiloh Christian 80-26 - Trinity 15-1 got beat in final

2012 got beat by Washington State Champ Bellevue  31-24 OT  - Trinity 11-3 got beat in 3rd Round

2012 beat Tulsa Union 21-18 - Union got beat in semi finals by state champ Jenks HS -  who Desoto beat on the same day that Trinity beat Union   - see Trinity above

2013 got beat by Oklahoma State Champ Jenks 27-23 - Trinity  11-3 got beat in regional 

2013 beat Bentonville Arkansas State Champ 21-13 - see above 

2014 beat Eastern Christian Academy Maryland 41-32  - Trinity 12-2 got beat in Regional 

2015 beat California State Champ De la salle 26-21 - Trinity 10-1 beat in first Round

2016 beat Broken Arrow Oklahoma 39-16 - Trinity 7-4 beat in first Round

2017 Got beat 38-7 by Tulsa Union - Trinity 11-3 beat in Regional 

Beat 5 state Champs 

lost vs 2 state champs 

8-3 OOS record vs some pretty damn good competition 

Best win vs DLS

interesting how well Oklahoma teams matched up

Desoto handled both Jenks and Union when they matched up

in 2012 Desoto beat Jenks 52-27

in 2013 Desoto beat Union 44-20

50 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Euless Trinity OOS 

2008 beat Louisiana State Champ John Curtis 26-12  - Trinity 13-1 beat in Regional 

2009 beat Utah State Champ Bingham 42-21  - Trinity 14-2 won state 

2010 beat Arkansas State Champ Shiloh Christian 80-26 - Trinity 15-1 got beat in final

2012 got beat by Washington State Champ Bellevue  31-24 OT  - Trinity 11-3 got beat in 3rd Round

2012 beat Tulsa Union 21-18 - Union got beat in semi finals by state champ Jenks HS -  who Desoto beat on the same day that Trinity beat Union   - see Trinity above

2013 got beat by Oklahoma State Champ Jenks 27-23 - Trinity  11-3 got beat in regional 

2013 beat Bentonville Arkansas State Champ 21-13 - see above 

2014 beat Eastern Christian Academy Maryland 41-32  - Trinity 12-2 got beat in Regional 

2015 beat California State Champ De la salle 26-21 - Trinity 10-1 beat in first Round

2016 beat Broken Arrow Oklahoma 39-16 - Trinity 7-4 beat in first Round

2017 Got beat 38-7 by Tulsa Union - Trinity 11-3 beat in Regional 

Beat 5 state Champs 

lost vs 2 state champs 

8-3 OOS record vs some pretty damn good competition 

Best win vs DLS

interesting how well Oklahoma teams matched up

Desoto handled both Jenks and Union when they matched up

in 2012 Desoto beat Jenks 52-27

in 2013 Desoto beat Union 44-20

We went to WA, OK and AR.  But we don't travel.