Texas Guys.... Check this out

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Another thing will Bosco send their JV and freshmen teams to play if a Texas team travels out of state ? Or do those kids just not play that week ? It's way bigger then a dick swinging contest and that dumb ass from Bosco has no idea about the logistics.

Don’t want to sound too harsh here, but you’re the one asking all the questions, so who’s the “dumb ass”.  If Bosco has no idea about the logistics, how have they travelled to, or hosted so many OOS contests?   

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Don’t want to sound too harsh here, but you’re the one asking all the questions, so who’s the “dumb ass”.  If Bosco has no idea about the logistics, how have they travelled to, or hosted so many OOS contests?   

They questions were rhetorical and he may know the logistics to play a team from another state but obviously not in Texas. Because I promise you the first question will be. What about our sub varsity teams. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Kahuku and St. John Bosco talk about potential home-and-home series

By Nick Abramo on September 19, 2019 | FEATURED, FOOTBALL
SPT-bosco-05.jpg
St. John Bosco quarterback DJ Uiagalelei (18) led the Braves during practice Thursday at Turtle Bay. Photo by Marco Garcia/Special to the Star-Advertiser.

St. John Bosco football coach Jason Negro was in the Turtle Bay Resort lobby on the way out to practice on the property Thursday when he was approached by Kahuku co-athletic director Wendy Anae.

“She said, ‘We’d love to play you in a two-year deal,’ ” Negro said.

They exchanged contact numbers and there could be more talks.

“That is certainly a possibility,” Negro said about playing against the Red Raiders in a two-game home-and-home series. “We would love to be able to play at their place. That’s what I’m excited about on Saturday night. We’re playing at Mililani, not the stadium. It’s going to mean a lot to their community to have our kids play on their campus.”

St. John Bosco’s Braves (No. 2 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25) of Bellflower, Calif., came to Hawaii once before, a 63-14 victory over Saint Louis in 2014. They’re here preparing to play the Trojans, who are No. 2 in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser’s statewide poll.

“I would love to play in front of that crazy Red Raider nation,” Negro added. “We’re always looking for opportunities to challenge our student-athletes and there wouldn’t be anything bigger than to play them in their house.”

But Negro isn’t looking past Mililani in any fashion.

“Coach (Rod) York and his staff do a great job coaching,” he said. “They play really good defense and I’ve seen that they’re not giving up a whole lot. Their running back (Malosi Sam) is one of the top kids we’ve seen all year — his ability and how hard he runs.

“And we’re playing at Mililani. It’s not going to be easy. I heard the weather may be funky. And high school kids drive off of momentum. That’s the biggest scare for me. If the crowd is getting into it and they get some positive things going early in the game, it’s gonna be a game. They’re going to give us everything we can handle and we are not taking them lightly. We know we’re not coming over here with a huge advantage. We’re 4-0. They’re 6-0. It’s going to be a great game.”

Negro talked about the national perspective, which is more pronounced now than ever.

“I have a tremendous amount of respect for schools across the states who step up in competition and challenge their athletes. And nobody does it better than Hawaii. Maybe Utah is a close second and Vegas in third, maybe. What Hawaii does with Punahou and Kamehameha, Saint Louis, Kahuku, Mililani — those guys step up and play the competition from the mainland year in and year out. It says a whole lot not only about the culture as a whole, as a people, but also you’ve got to give the school administrations, the coaching staff, families and communities credit to make the sacrifices to make this happen. They want to be seen, and as a result Mililani is No. 22 and Saint Louis is in the Top 10. They’re doing something right here. We are very appreciative of the willingness to play us. It means a lot to me.”

Negro also called out to Texas, hoping to get the Lone Star state teams more interested in traveling and not just hosting out-of-state national powers.

“Texas is very interesting,” he said. “They seem to be leery of traveling. They blame the districts or blame this and that or that they have such big programs that they can’t travel. If you can build $60 million stadiums, you can travel your team in Austin to come and play in Bellflower. I don’t buy the excuses. They need to step up and travel like the rest of us if they want to be mentioned with the rest of the national programs. We’ve been to Cincinnati, New Jersey, DC, Florida, Hawaii twice and Utah. We’ve been all over the place.”

What do y'all think about this? @Horsefly @Texasball @Texasboys23 

Texas High School Stadiums and other School facilities are built and paid for by the Tax payers.

Those same tax payers aren't going to fund sending 50 kids/staff and ect all over the country to play a football game so some middle aged "private school" coach can feel like he is something special.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

They questions were rhetorical and he may know the logistics to play a team from another state but obviously not in Texas. Because I promise you the first question will be. What about our sub varsity teams. 

and the next question from the Tax payer is...  "who is funding and paying for this?"

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Tell your Alumni to Step up to the plate

99.99% of the Public School Alumni don't give a flying crap about what some Private High School Coach "Recruited up team" thinks about Texas High School Public football.

My suggestion to him..   Call Bishop Dunne, Plano Prestonwood or Houston St.Pius and maybe he'll get a taker.

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

99.99% of the Public School Alumni don't give a flying crap about what some Private High School Coach "Recruited up team" thinks about Texas High School Public football.

My suggestion to him..   Call Bishop Dunne, Plano Prestonwood or Houston St.Pius and maybe he'll get a taker.

Lmao it's kinda sad he wants validation like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Lmao it's kinda sad he wants validation like that. 

It's like Horsefly said..   The idiot Private School Cali "recruited up team" coach has zero clue how Texas Public school teams are funded.

He thinks because Texas has nice High School sports facilities that it means they should be traveling all over the country.

2 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

It's like Horsefly said..   The idiot Private School Cali "recruited up team" coach has zero clue how Texas Public school teams are funded.

He thinks because Texas has nice High School sports facilities that it means they should be traveling all over the country.

It’s one Game a year stop being over Dramatic 

Sorry Private School Cali Coach Negro..    I don't want my Texas Property Tax funding the local 50 kid Varsity team to travel to California, New Jersey or even Florida for a weekend football game.

We have 1000's of Public Schools here in Texas are in neighboring states like Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico to play.

Thanks...  Now go get some transfers that have a lot of "STARS" next to their name.

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

He should let the DFW put together an all star team and play them in a game after the season and see how that goes. They would get beat by 40 points. 

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bro they can play any freshman sophomore JV teams in ur area ... only varsity needs to travel unless you can afford it, stop making excuses, @Lobo51 @Lobo4life04 Already promised his coach will finally pick up the phone

You are way off base.  The other JV teams and freshman are playing the schools that their Varsity teams are playing.  There is simply way more two it then you guys can comprehend.

Just now, Gametyme said:

He should let the DFW put together an all star team and play them in a game after the season and see how that goes. They would get beat by 40 points. 

You could put together 8 Mater Dei's and SJB in Houston

You could put together 8 Mater Dei's and SJB in Dallas.

You could put together at least 1 maybe 2 in Austin.

You could put together at least 2 or 3 in San Antonio.

Nothing special...  Just two Private Schools that are all "RECRUITED UP" All-Star teams.

12 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Or just come here and play...The dude is calling out Texas schools and he has never traveled here to play himself.

9 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Sorry Private School Cali Coach Negro..    I don't want my Texas Property Tax funding the local 50 kid Varsity team to travel to California, New Jersey or even Florida for a weekend football game.

We have 1000's of Public Schools here in Texas are in neighboring states like Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico to play.

Thanks...  Now go get some transfers that have a lot of "STARS" next to their name.

Question, where does the gate revenue for Texas public high schools go?  Aren’t the stadiums pretty large and usually filled to near capacity?