Texas Guys.... Check this out

FootballGuy

25 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Kinda unfair, that’s like the Cowboys only playing Home games, I mean if you need the home field advantage to win I guess it makes sense to do what you guys are doing 

It's very fair the cowboys are apart of a league that mandates traveling across the country, tx high school football isnt , what's lost in all of this tx high schools wrong travel is one thing, yall want to play us we could care less it doesn't give us cred to beat teams from other states its gives yall credibility to beat our teams so if yall wont to play come to texas it is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, Texasfrog said:

It's easy...  Tell St. John's Bosco Coach Negro to write the $100,000 check to Allen ISD,  Katy ISD,  SLC ISD and maybe he'll get them to travel to California.

You want a Texas Public School to travel out to Los Angeles...  Write that Check!!

Good luck wit that. After negro realizes how much it'll cost him/them, I guarantee you he'll say how the texas teams are pricing themselves out. 

13 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Damn.... you have a point. He really should fly his team out to Texas and see what all the fuss is about since it's such a big deal to him. I don't think he'd be able to live with getting embarrassed out in TX, so he'll probably stay away as long as possible and keep taking shots at TX and how they won't travel. 

His team traveled clear to Florida for game with STA without return game.

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I mean if someone called me out in a sporting competition I think you’d want to shut that someone’s mouth up....wouldn’t you? SJR coach said the exact thing to his team before the JSerra game.Apparently not Texas though y’all rather go deep into the excuse file

That's the thing you have to care about the persons opinion that's challenging you..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I mean if someone called me out in a sporting competition I think you’d want to shut that someone’s mouth up....wouldn’t you? SJR coach said the exact thing to his team before the JSerra game.Apparently not Texas though y’all rather go deep into the excuse file

That’s on the coaches not me, I don’t take it personally nor moved by internet tough guys.  So why am I suppose to be upset and foaming at the mouth angry again? 

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Tell your Alumni to Step up to the plate

Why? Why should they step up to the plate.  To prove who's dick is bigger.  What kids do you tell can't go.  What about the band?  Who is paying for them?  Laugh as I know you will but those kids practice just as hard. Believe it or not for a lot of parents Friday night lights is the half time show.  So to prove who's dick is bigger they take a week off?  You guys don't get it.  It is just not high school football down here.  It's the pageantry the local towns shutting down to attend a game.  It's huge down here. 

I've always said there is great football everywhere. But this Texas has to travel is bullshit.  Texas is fine just the way it is. 

• Like 1

Our kids will be playing in front of 40,000 in December. Tell me again why we should go OOS ? You don't think we understand Mater D and Don Bosco are top flight teams ? Of course they would beat most if not all Texas teams on a yearly basis besides 1 or maybe 2 teams a year that could hold their own. We don't have to play these games every year to determine that. Texas is more about overall quality depth and playing for your community. Playing for a Texas State title is the holy grail here and no oos event or team will ever trump that. Just enjoy winning your state title or sectional. Just don't cry about us not wanting to fly somewhere to play teams that can openly recruit and accept transfers. 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Our kids will be playing in front of 40,000 in December. Tell me again why we should go OOS ? You don't think we understand Mater D and Don Bosco are top flight teams ? Of course they would beat most if not all Texas teams on a yearly basis besides 1 or maybe 2 teams a year that could hold their own. We don't have to play these games every year to determine that. Texas is more about overall quality depth and playing for your community. Playing for a Texas State title is the holy grail here and no oos event or team will ever trump that. Just enjoy winning your state title or sectional. Just don't cry about us not wanting to fly somewhere to play teams that can openly recruit and accept transfers. 

Correction...   DBP wouldn't not be a top #2 or #3 team in Texas many years.

There is only been a few DBP teams over the past 15 years that I think would even be Top #5 teams in Texas.

PS.  I've been to DBP several times over the past 10 years.