No. 1 Mater Dei defeats No. 2 SJB 38-24

ATLien12x

On 10/26/2019 at 7:10 AM, The Guru said:

One of my favorite things is how your mood sways back and forth.

2004-2009 = cocky Lakeland fan

2010-17 = milk carton

2018 = back!

2019 = vacillates from cocky Lakeland fan to uneasy Lakeland fan and then back to cocky Lakeland fan based on results against Bloomingdale and Kathleen

Milk carton? LOL!!!

4 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

I don’t know bud. BY was the difference maker with his RPO and MD’s defense did just enough to contain SFA’s RB beast.

...Bosco completeness aside, SFA Defense’s only weakness was containing BY and on offense SFA still scored 3x vs. an MD defense that’s at least on par with Bosco’s, if not better (you know I’m being generous). 

Can you make the same comparison on offense with DJ vs. SFA? Really think he makes the same reads + 4 rushing TDS?

Bosco victory less of a sure thing than you might think...

He was the difference maker without question. I do not think dj plays as well as Bryce did against SFA if that game were to happen. Bryce extended plays that won the game but he also threw for 250 against that defense which forced SFA to drop 7 most of the game. I don't think dj does that but I do think Bosco could do enough or at least a little more than SFA on offense to win.  I believe Bosco is coached well enough to come up with a game plan to stop SFA's offense because its completely one dimensional and as you've said Bosco is very good on defense. They want to feed Corum all day and if that doesn't work they're in trouble. I think if Bosco were to load the box in a similar way that MD did and have the same success I think they would have a good shot at winning even with an offense not as prolific as MD's. SFA has more talent and athletes than everybody in the country but the scheme and coaching are very average. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Did you mean St. John's in DC? Or do you really think the team that just lost to Seton Hall prep is the 8th best team in the country?

wow, I thought they beat them. I just skimmed over the top 25 results this morning and didn't even notice that they lost. Yeah I guess they're out. That's their third loss

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Let’s hear your takes. Not talking about team or record, just player v player.

30C6EF60-2AFF-47FD-B298-61E48910B409.png

LMFAO...   Dallas Jackson must be posting again.

Dallas Jackson... "Kyler Murray will never play a down of college QB."    Ha-ha-ha-ha.

It will be interesting to see Bryce Young when he goes to Bama and all the others teams have tons of talent too and the playing field evens out some.

Just now, Texasfrog said:

Dallas Jackson... "Kyler Murray will never play a down of college QB."    Ha-ha-ha-ha.

It will be interesting to see Bryce Young when he goes to Bama and all the others teams have tons of talent too and the playing field evens out some.

Well yes we have to see if he develops in to the player kyler is now. Just speaking about how they compare individually at the high school level talent wise. 

10 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Triggered

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:48 AM, CODBEARD said:

SJR nor Miami Central are doing much to help SFA's case as well as their SOS with the computers. With the 3 games SFA has on tap yet to be entered their SOS will continue to drop while other top teams will be getting into their play-off schedules culminating in more tough games.. I can't see a way SFA could be awarded an MNC at least with the computers.  

SFA isn't going to get it. 

Lol.

They are going to argue about being anointed first or second loser with SJB. 

I'm going to laugh and laugh. 

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

He was the difference maker without question. I do not think dj plays as well as Bryce did against SFA if that game were to happen. Bryce extended plays that won the game but he also threw for 250 against that defense which forced SFA to drop 7 most of the game. I don't think dj does that but I do think Bosco could do enough or at least a little more than SFA on offense to win.  I believe Bosco is coached well enough to come up with a game plan to stop SFA's offense because its completely one dimensional and as you've said Bosco is very good on defense. They want to feed Corum all day and if that doesn't work they're in trouble. I think if Bosco were to load the box in a similar way that MD did and have the same success I think they would have a good shot at winning even with an offense not as prolific as MD's. SFA has more talent and athletes than everybody in the country but the scheme and coaching are very average. 

Everyone knows SFA is a run heavy team...knowing it and stopping it are different things. MD has good defense...but SFA poor execution was more to blame. Corum is best back in country...and SFA run blocking is one of the best around. Nothing wrong with that formula...especially if the QB plays consistently enough to hit a few passes.

MD is tops in the land. SFA is a clear #2. Bosco is prob 3...hard to say with a close call at Servite, a loss to a rival, and meaningless win over DM. DV is the wildcard but looks good on film...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

SFA isn't going to get it. 

Lol.

They are going to argue about being anointed first or second loser with SJB. 

I'm going to laugh and laugh. 

1 minute ago, Popzilla said:

Everyone knows SFA is a run heavy team...knowing it and stopping it are different things. MD has good defense...but SFA poor execution was more to blame. Corum is best back in country...and SFA run blocking is one of the best around. Nothing wrong with that formula...especially if the QB plays consistently enough to hit a few passes.

MD is tops in the land. SFA is a clear #2. Bosco is prob 3...hard to say with a close call at Servite, a loss to a rival, and meaningless win over DM. DV is the wildcard but looks good on film...

I need to change my name to Nostradamus! 

Hahahaha. Impeccable timing.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I need to change my name to Nostradamus! 

Hahahaha. Impeccable timing.

If people want to argue SFA as the current #2, they won't get any push back from me.We already know that SJB will get at least a share of a MNC if they win the rest of their games. If they don't, then what does it matter if they are crowned "first loser"? From an SFA fan's perspective, I kind of get it though. There's literally nothing they can do about it any more. It must be frustrating to miss your shot and then no longer control your own destiny.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

If people want to argue SFA as the current #2, they won't get any push back from me.We already know that SJB will get at least a share of a MNC if they win the rest of their games. If they don't, then what does it matter if they are crowned "first loser"? From an SFA fan's perspective, I kind of get it though. There's literally nothing they can do about it any more. It must be frustrating to miss your shot and then no longer control your own destiny.

Indeed...

11 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Not really. I'd put an undefeated Florida (STA-Lakeland), Georgia, or Tx champ number 1. More Florida or Georgia, because they'd have a chance to play in a Geico bowl (maybe against each other) for the Natty if MD loses somewhere along the way, especially if they lost to DLS in the last game. So if MD loses, and if STA runs the table and beats the 6A Georgia champ in Geico, they are the NC because they've already beaten DLS on the road.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Not really. I'd put an undefeated Florida (STA-Lakeland), Georgia, or Tx champ number 1. More Florida or Georgia, because they'd have a chance to play in a Geico bowl (maybe against each other) for the Natty if MD loses somewhere along the way, especially if they lost to DLS in the last game. So if MD loses, and if STA runs the table and beats the 6A Georgia champ in Geico, they are the NC because they've already beaten DLS on the road.

You must have missed where MaxPreps said SJB wins their MNC if they win out.

35 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Who cares about MaxPreps or CalPreps?

Apparently... you?

On 12/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, 181pl said:

So MaxPreps and prep Nation put North Shore as its National Champion. What polls put Mater Dei as the national champion? I know USA Today. Anybody else?

On 12/28/2018 at 7:34 AM, 181pl said:

So MD essentially got USA Today and some computer polls. NS got MAXPREPS and PrepNation.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:10 AM, 181pl said:

Go back to the Max Preps rankings and all of those teams would be near or in their top 100 at the time STA played them. Also, Plant is 37th this week in the MaxPreps rankings. They will probably fall back to around 100 after STA whomps them.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:22 AM, 181pl said:

And in case ATLien12x still doesn't get it, Plant is still ranked in the top 100 per MaxPreps/Calpreps,

Really though, the answer to your question is a fairly obvious one. A lot of people care about who MaxPreps crowns as their MNC, agree with them or not. The better question to ask might be "who cares what you have to say"? I'm not sure in a position to answer that, but I could probably take a guess.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

My point being, Fanboy, that there are many polls, USA today, prep Nation, and the like. Nothing is settled yet.

Perhaps not for those other polls. but it is settled for MaxPreps.

43 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think you're just pissed because I said MD would beat St John's Bosco by 35. They probably will in the rematch.

Why would I be pissed? We already have one major national poll stating that if SJB wins out they will be crowned MNC.

Capture.PNG.a7b60d7c567c8649e0da2d48224d5a3b.PNG

5 hours ago, 181pl said:

Agree if DLS beats an undefeated MD, and STA wins out, STA is #1

Otherwise don’t understand why any FL or GA team would be #1 right now — the best one may be IMG and they just lost by 28 to a team MD beat by 18; if not IMG, then probably STA, and they have a couple of glaring deficiencies in a head to head evaluation at the moment (SOS and QB); no one else (Lakeland, Lowndes?) has a fraction of the SOS 

Fwiw, I think chances of DLS beating MD are extremely low, but if they do and Lakeland wins out (inc Geico), I’d probably give to them, but that would be a good old fashioned, no right answer debate vs undefeated TX champ 

• Like 1