So 4-loss Dallas Jesuit stuns Top 25 Longview

RedZone

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah people make a sound like he was chopped liver.  Just because he wasn’t better than Barry sanders doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all-time great.  Barry sanders was the best to ever do it!!! 

Emmitt is definitely top 8. The only guys I would have ahead of him are

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

NFL 100 team: The Running backs

1. Jim Brown . 1956 All-American at Syracuse University... Born February 17, 1936, in St. Simons, GA.

2. Earl Campbell (1978-1985): Born March 29, 1955, in Tyler, TX.

3. Earl "Dutch" Clark (1931-1932; 1934-1938):  Born October 11, 1906 in Fowler, CO.

4. Eric Dickerson (1983-1993):  Born September 2, 1960, in Sealy, TX.

Emmitt Smith: I could never run as pretty as Eric, I could never fall as gracefully as Eric but I loved watching him run.

5. Lenny Moore (1956-1967)... Born November 25, 1933, in Reading, PA.

6. Marion Motley (1946-1953; 1955) Born June 5, 1920, in Leesburg, GA.

7. Walter Payton (1975-1987)... Born July 25, 1954, in Columbia, Mississippi..

8. Barry Sanders (1989-1998)... Born July 16, 1968, in Wichita, KS.

Smith: If this guy had not retired, he probably would've been the first 20,000-yard running back in the National Football League.

9. Gale Sayers (1965-1971)... Born May 30, 1943, in Wichita, KS.

10. O.J. Simpson (1969-1979)... Born July 9, 1947, in San Franciscc CA.

11. Emmitt Smith (1990-2004).. Born May 15, 1969, in Pensacola, FL.

Brown: This guy's a warrior, man. That attitude, that mental attitude that you must have to be really great, he was the epitome of that. ... He's always got a move, some kind of a move to continue the play.

12. Steve Van Buren (1944-1951). Born December 28, 1920, in La Ceiba, Honduras.

Frank Gore should be considered, he’s like the energizer bunny, just keeps going and going. Now #3 all time in yardage.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GlenC7 said:

I think NS should win. But I still think Katy can win. If that makes sense. I feel much better about their chances this year than I did last year. Katy has a less margin for error than NS in this game. I like Katy's QB, If he plays a good game they could win. Having said that, if I had a million dollars and had to bet it on this game, I would use my head and not my heart, and take NS.

Katy had virtually zero chance last year.  The talent discrepancy was ridiculously in favor of NS.  It is a credit to the kids and coaches that the game was even close.  Unfathomable that were Katy able to finish a drive in middle of the 4th quarter they likely would have won that game.  This year the scales are more balanced and yes Katy can win this game.  The biggest problem is that Katy is down 3 starters on the OL and the backups have not had time to work together enough to gel.  That and the fact they may be playing their third consecutive game with the their #3 RB make their offense very suspect.  If it can be done, Joseph will have them ready with a good gameplan.   

On 9/17/2019 at 8:58 AM, The Guru said:

You seem obsessed with the DLS side of this but you should instead focus on how bad Longview is.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, The Guru said:

Longview plays no defense. They would get mercilessly gashed.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, The Guru said:

The other is crappy Longview who kicks it around with Rockwall, Tascosa and West Brook.

Pay attention.

You might learn something.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:13 AM, Horsefly said:

They’re not terrible.  don’t be myopic.  They also clobbered a team, 49-3, that just beat Allen. 

But Allen wasn't that good either.

See you Texans always do this stupid daisy chain garbage.

All of these teams are overrated because you're goofballs who don't know anything about high school football.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, RedZone said:

Beaumont Westbrook beat Srake Jesuit in the regular season 62-21.

Last night (playoffs) Strake Jesuit beats Beaumont Westbrook 63-35

Moral of story?.......high school football will always be a kid's game with kid's results sometimes....you can't "expert it".

The moral is that none of these teams are good.

When Cajun's pet teams lose it somehow becomes a kid's game where nobody could've foreseen it.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

But Allen wasn't that good either.

See you Texans always do this stupid daisy chain garbage.

All of these teams are overrated because you're goofballs who don't know anything about high school football.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You continue to show your lack of intelligence. TX always has quality teams. Longview is legit. They got caught looking ahead. It happens. Their top teams (DV,NS,Katy) could definitely hang with the likes of STA and IMG. You’re an idiot if you think otherwise. Then again, I’ve considered you an imbecile for years.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Typical Omaha Clown.

His argument for Longview is that they're "legit."

He never actually knows anything or has an actual argument for why someone is good.

You are such a clown...You say all teams in Texas suck or is trash...

Only true dick head would smack talk on the entire state of Texas.  

Are you just jealous?  

It's kinda comical to see all the hate for Texas High School football.  We don't just play the game - We love it with total passion state wide. There is nothing to hate!

30 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Most people don't like to hurt people's feelings but this is true

lol @steeler01 aka @The Guru  both personalities are punks and I mean straight up prick punks.  Go jump off nearest bridge and land in the middle of high speed traffic- losers!

Neither of you know damn thing about who is really good and who isn't so good.  This is just throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks.

Losers!

Just now, Texasball said:

lol @steeler01 aka @The Guru  both personalities are punks and I mean straight up prick punks.  Go jump off nearest bridge and land in the middle of high speed traffic- losers!

Neither of you know damn thing about who is really good and who isn't so good.  This is just throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks.

Losers!

Your feeling being hurt cause of what we say, is a great example of how we've gotten so many pussies in America now. Don't say this,  cause you'll hurt such and such feelings.