So 4-loss Dallas Jesuit stuns Top 25 Longview

RedZone

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

True!  I think a couple of other NS WR's have stepped up.  One kid that I hadn't seen before was making some great catches and NS against Pearland Dawson and looked big time.

On sidenote..  Pearland Dawson QB and RB were legit..  

Yes and they whipped Ridgepoint pretty well where as Katy had a tough time with them

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I didn't bury SJB because of Servite..   I've always believe teams like Servite, JSERRA and Centennial get more "National HYPE Respect" than they really deserve.

Maybe,  but looks like JSerra would have made the playoffs in the BNU and Jawjaas highest classification.  Did you see what Centennial did to JSerra.  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Jesuit has a big OL, that blocked well.  Bigger than I thought they’d be 

Most of the big privates/Jesuit's have large OLs and DLs really even in NOLA......they don't always have the skill though to match the lines.

...when they have the skill players they can be dangerous because most of these squads are all coached well and they play disciplined football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Most of the big privates/Jesuit's have large OLs and DLs really even in NOLA......they don't always have the skill though to match the lines.

...when they have the skill players they can be dangerous because most of these squads are all coached well and they play disciplined football.

Yo RedZone:

We not gonna talk about Hahnville getting adsolutely hoe'd by the Monroe refs on that game-winning FG that got called back?  Or did I miss it.

How they gonna call a hold because the outside guy slipped on the ground?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yo RedZone:

We not gonna talk about Hahnville getting adsolutely hoe'd by the Monroe refs on that game-winning FG that got called back?  Or did I miss it.

How they gonna call a hold because the outside guy slipped on the ground?

Hahnville had Zachary beat.......pretty bogus call that the Hahnville people aren't very happy about per social media...it happens.

"An apparent game-winning 32-yard field goal by Hahnville’s Tate White sent Hahnville into celebration, but the fun screeched to a halt when attention was drawn to a flag thrown on the play. The kick was negated due to holding and Hahnville was forced to try the kick again following a 10-yard penalty. The second attempt fell short, cementing both a win for Zachary and a finish that will be talked about for a long time to come – particularly for the Tigers."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GlenC7 said:

Katy must have played a pretty clean game last night. Didn't watch it. They better bring their A game next week.

Not that clean.  McClelland threw a couple more interceptions, and they had some inopportune penalties.  The D did play well, though...holding Cy-Fair to 135 total yards.  85 of those yards were on one running play.  Neither Hoff nor Smith played a down, though Smith was suited up.  The third string RB may have to be the man again this week.

4 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Not that clean.  McClelland threw a couple more interceptions, and they had some inopportune penalties.  The D did play well, though...holding Cy-Fair to 135 total yards.  85 of those yards were on one running play.  Neither Hoff nor Smith played a down, though Smith was suited up.  The third string RB may have to be the man again this week.

He's a good QB but he should pull it back more often. He thinks he can complete everything That's a bit promising that they won not being at their best, but next week, they can't have too many mistakes or NS will eat them up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Runs just like his daddy, slow, great vision, low to the ground.

Never liked Emmitt, overrated and ran behind some great o-lines. Preening peacock of a player, thank God the league instituted the "helmet rule".

Where was the defense on this clip, Jesuus! That's awful.

BGW

Come on man...Emmitt was truly great and was complete warrior on the field.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2019 at 6:00 PM, GlenC7 said:

Katy must have played a pretty clean game last night. Didn't watch it. They better bring their A game next week.

Katy is banged up big time much more so than NS who is only missing Banks.  Three starting OL have been out for a couple of weeks and won't make it back.  Top 2 RB's went down early in Q1 against Ridge Point and did not play against Cy Fair.  Not sure about their status for NS.  QB has been very erratic past few weeks trying to do too much and OL pass pro has been poor.   Don't see how Katy can stay with NS.  Katy D will be fine but the O will struggle.  I see a 10 point NS win.

1 hour ago, Canyon Mike said:

Katy is banged up big time much more so than NS who is only missing Banks.  Three starting OL have been out for a couple of weeks and won't make it back.  Top 2 RB's went down early in Q1 against Ridge Point and did not play against Cy Fair.  Not sure about their status for NS.  QB has been very erratic past few weeks trying to do too much and OL pass pro has been poor.   Don't see how Katy can stay with NS.  Katy D will be fine but the O will struggle.  I see a 10 point NS win.

I think NS should win. But I still think Katy can win. If that makes sense. I feel much better about their chances this year than I did last year. Katy has a less margin for error than NS in this game. I like Katy's QB, If he plays a good game they could win. Having said that, if I had a million dollars and had to bet it on this game, I would use my head and not my heart, and take NS.

4 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I think NS should win. But I still think Katy win. If that makes sense. I feel much better about their chances this year than I did last year. Katy has a less margin for error than NS in this game. I like Katy's QB, If he plays a good game they could win. Having said that, if I had a million dollars and had to bet it on this game, I would use my head and not my heart, and take NS.

I’ve been told NS has been keeping some things close to the vest, will unveil in this game.  I’ve got NS in this one.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

I’ve been told NS has been keeping some things close to the vest, will unveil in this game.  I’ve got NS in this one.  

I know they should win, I'm a homer. Last year I knew there was no way. This year I see a glimmer of hope. Is it going to be streamed? I don't really feel like heading to NRG on Black Friday. If Texan Live has it, I hope it's a better stream than the last time. I didn't see the game listed on their site yet.

1 hour ago, GlenC7 said:

I know they should win, I'm a homer. Last year I knew there was no way. This year I see a glimmer of hope. Is it going to be streamed? I don't really feel like heading to NRG on Black Friday. If Texan Live has it, I hope it's a better stream than the last time. I didn't see the game listed on their site yet.

Same.  I haven’t seen it listed yet 

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Come on man...Emmitt was truly great and was complete warrior on the field.

Yeah people make a sound like he was chopped liver.  Just because he wasn’t better than Barry sanders doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all-time great.  Barry sanders was the best to ever do it!!! 

Emmitt is definitely top 8. The only guys I would have ahead of him are

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah people make a sound like he was chopped liver.  Just because he wasn’t better than Barry sanders doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all-time great.  Barry sanders was the best to ever do it!!! 

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

Marshall Faulk=Complete back

That's who I'm riding with

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

This is the list of the NFL 100 they did running backs this week. The all 100 team Eric Dickerson along with 2 other old guys

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

Eric Dickerson belongs on this list.

my all time favorite was Earl Campbell and Walter Payton.

• Thanks 1

NFL 100 team: The Running backs

1. Jim Brown . 1956 All-American at Syracuse University... Born February 17, 1936, in St. Simons, GA.

2. Earl Campbell (1978-1985): Born March 29, 1955, in Tyler, TX.

3. Earl "Dutch" Clark (1931-1932; 1934-1938):  Born October 11, 1906 in Fowler, CO.

4. Eric Dickerson (1983-1993):  Born September 2, 1960, in Sealy, TX.

Emmitt Smith: I could never run as pretty as Eric, I could never fall as gracefully as Eric but I loved watching him run.

5. Lenny Moore (1956-1967)... Born November 25, 1933, in Reading, PA.

6. Marion Motley (1946-1953; 1955) Born June 5, 1920, in Leesburg, GA.

7. Walter Payton (1975-1987)... Born July 25, 1954, in Columbia, Mississippi..

8. Barry Sanders (1989-1998)... Born July 16, 1968, in Wichita, KS.

Smith: If this guy had not retired, he probably would've been the first 20,000-yard running back in the National Football League.

9. Gale Sayers (1965-1971)... Born May 30, 1943, in Wichita, KS.

10. O.J. Simpson (1969-1979)... Born July 9, 1947, in San Franciscc CA.

11. Emmitt Smith (1990-2004).. Born May 15, 1969, in Pensacola, FL.

Brown: This guy's a warrior, man. That attitude, that mental attitude that you must have to be really great, he was the epitome of that. ... He's always got a move, some kind of a move to continue the play.

12. Steve Van Buren (1944-1951). Born December 28, 1920, in La Ceiba, Honduras.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Barry Sanders

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton 

OJ Simpson 

Tony Dorsett 

Earl Campbell 

Eric Dickerson was probably the best out of all of them.   If he didn't have his head up his azzz half his career he would of broke all kinds of records.