Looks Like STA will be National Champs

181pl

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

So... with all his "florida state champs" talk from SFA, that's not a valid statement if they don't play the best team from florida? 

Well they based it on their win over IMG who isn't the best in FL so yes that claim is bogus

If Miami Central wins 6a then the statement holds some weight as they would have beaten a state champion but there would still be a level of doubt

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

STA could beat Lowndes and GA still had a better year IMO.   No shame in that.

If the claim is to support FL being a tier 2 pushover state then there is great shame in it 

Tier 1 is generally top 3, if FL isn't top 3 FL is seen as pushovers which is shit because we as a state wouldn't be in this mess if our state legislation had a fucking clue how to run an education department

My craps in a toilet have more intelligence to run a education system than the morons in the capital of Tallahassee have

Just now, 954gator said:

STA could beat Lowndes and GA still had a better year IMO.   No shame in that.

Yeah... but he's trying to use that as a measuring stick between florida and georgia. I guarantee you if Lowndes were to beat STA, he still wouldn't say GA is better than Florida. If it was the other way around, he'd say Florida is better with no hesitation. 

• Like 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Yeah... but he's trying to use that as a measuring stick between florida and georgia. I guarantee you if Lowndes were to beat STA, he still wouldn't say GA is better than Florida. If it was the other way around, he'd say Florida is better with no hesitation. 

If Lowndes were to beat the 2a, 5a and 7a FL champs then yes that would give them all the justification to hold the spot over FL in 2019

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Well they based it on their win over IMG who isn't the best in FL so yes that claim is bogus

If Miami Central wins 6a then the statement holds some weight as they would have beaten a state champion but there would still be a level of doubt

Probably would have to have a SFA vs STA/Edgewater game to determine if they really are the "florida state champs." 

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Good point. The ways he's talking, it sounds as if his team is ready like yesterday...lol. He just will not accept the fact that his season is over. 

If he would’ve beaten MD & gone undefeated he would have no issue calling it quits in November. After the IMG game he immediately said they’re back in the hunt for the MNC. Kind of like saban saying auburn is the best team they’ll play all year, all to have a shot at the crown at the end of the year. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Because truthfully there isn't enough data points to truly say which state was the best overall

Not enough balanced games, yes GA has won a good portion of the few balanced games but the number of those games were very low 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Or maybe STA can make themselves useful and beat lowndes and show FL is still better than GA and not some pushover bitch state like some morons seem to be claiming FL is

56 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Why is it so hard for you to accept that GA had Florida's number this year? Last year, it was a different story, and there weren't any complaints. 

48 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But at the same time you think if STA were to beat our 7A champ, then FL would prove that they're better than GA.......because of ONE game....smh. 

Lol... Columbiafan, you are desperate for FL to be > than GA... but its not the case THIS year. Most years Florida is better than Georgia, no argument here. Too many athletes. 

You 100% contradicted yourself though... tying yourself into knots so you dont have to accept it. Georgia went 3-0 vs Floridas Top 10 and you think 1 more game would change that. It wouldnt.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If Lowndes were to beat the 2a, 5a and 7a FL champs then yes that would give them all the justification to hold the spot over FL in 2019

That is stupid.

Georgia is better than Florida this year. I know its hard to accept, but whether you like it or not GA has proven it this year.

Again, a majority of years... thats not the case. But Georgia is better in 2019 and honestly its not even that close. No doubt Florida will be back next year with some great teams.

You have to accept this the same way I had to accept BTW beat Norcross 55-0 in 2013.

Georgia beat 3 of Floridas Top 6 teams... thats pretty much proof. By 27, 15, and 3. End of stream.

Florida teams have put plenty of beatings on Georgia teams. Id say GA earned this!

That said.... I want to see Corner Canyon in the Geico games for sure. They are legit AF.

STA, GA 7A Champ, SFA, Chandler, Corner Canyon, St. Louis... pick between those 4.

If North Gwinnett wins State... they HAVE to go... theyd have beat 3 Top 25 teams in a row. Thats worthy of a Top 5 ranking! Hell whoever wins GA 7A this year has to go. Somebody else has to be left out... Chandler or Corner Canyon. Or SFA... they arent a State Champ anyway.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They’ll probably end up sharing it if both DV and STA win-out. 

This is the most likely scenario.

With 5 of the 7 polls out today, SJB is #1 in 4 of the 5 (CalPreps, Massey, HSFBA and MaxPreps) and Duncanville is #1 in 1 of the 5 (PrepNation). SJB was already behind Duncanville and STA in the USAToday poll, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. Last year, USAToday gave the MNC to MD despite the regular season loss (plus the forfeit loss), while MaxPreps, PrepForce and PrepNation all gave it to an undefeated North Shore. MaxPreps is already on the record as saying they would give the MNC to SJB if they win out and I don't see SJB being passed in any of the computer rankings (CalPreps, Massey and HSFBA). That leaves PrepNation, PrepForce and USAToday up for grabs. Given precedence and the current rankings, it looks like PrepNation will likely give it to an undefeated TX, FL or GA team over SJB. We'll have to wait and see what the PrepForce and USAToday polls look like tomorrow when they are released.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m fairly certain that Lowndes will take a pass on any Geico-related game. I hope I’m wrong. 

In that case, I fail to see who STA could play that would benefit them/prove anything at all. I'm sorry, but with a win at DLS and a Florida 7A title, playing Corner Canyon does nothing for them. Would be huge for CC, but meaningless for STA.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Id love to see GA 7A Champ vs. STA.

But itll probably be STA vs. St. Louis HI... And GA 7A vs. Corner Canyon or Chandler. IF the GA 7A team accepts. 

If Marietta or North Gwinnett win 7A, Id expect them to accept... Lowndes is less likely to say yes because of the amount of people theyd have to bring.

Wonder if St. Louis has a chance at the MNC if they beat STA in the Geico?

I don’t believe that St Louis will be a candidate for the Geico bowl series. 

1) The HHSAA (Hawaii) does not allow their teams to participate in the Geico bowl series. 
http://www.geicobowlseries.com/

2) The season is over in Hawaii. StL would have to wait 21 days before playing in this game. 

I believe that the reason why teams from HI, NJ or the WCAC do not participate in the Geico bowl event is because the games are held so late in December. C3EE4C2F-6DA5-4E9E-8F62-9CA4B463D11F.thumb.jpeg.538159a488401c115da52b623df6f4af.jpeg

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

In that case, I fail to see who STA could play that would benefit them/prove anything at all. I'm sorry, but with a win at DLS and a Florida 7A title, playing Corner Canyon does nothing for them. Would be huge for CC, but meaningless for STA.

Would it still be meaningless for STA to play St. Louis, Chandler or maybe SFA?