Looks Like STA will be National Champs

181pl

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Just my intuition. Calling on these teams all the time for OOS opptys gives one an insiders look and feel into their ways and means. 

Riiight. I mean, Randy Mac is.......difficult to deal with at times, so for our sake, we better hope that Marietta wins 7A. I'm pretty sure they'd jump at the opportunity to play a St. Louis team, Florida 7A winner, or Corner Canyon in Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman). 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I don’t believe that St Louis will be a candidate for the Geico bowl series. 

1) The HHSAA (Hawaii) does not allow their teams to participate in the Geico bowl series. 
http://www.geicobowlseries.com/

2) The season is over in Hawaii. StL would have to wait 21 days before playing in this game. 

I believe that the reason why teams from HI, NJ or the WCAC do not participate in the Geico bowl event is because the games are held so late in December. C3EE4C2F-6DA5-4E9E-8F62-9CA4B463D11F.thumb.jpeg.538159a488401c115da52b623df6f4af.jpeg

It would be nice if PA, OH, NJ, TX, CA, HI, LA and a few more states were a part of this bowl series. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

It would be nice if PA, OH, NJ, TX, CA, HI, LA and a few more states were a part of this bowl series. 

We only deal in state championships, national championships and super bowls.

Thanks for thinking about us.  xD

#goGeico

I'll have 3 of what he's having! I don't want to fight........bam

B

36 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SL is ranked higher than STA in many of the polls. Beating SL would solidify STAs MNC run like no other. Keep in mind that STA played Bingham in 2016, which in the end was not a better oppty than this one presents. 

Agree that the 2016 game was pretty meaningless. They can say they've beaten a top Utah team, which further diminishes any value of a Corner Canyon game.

SL is seen, pretty much across the board, as a notch or three below STA as a program. SL would approach the game as a prohibitive underdog, justifiably so. It would be about like the Hawaii-Georgia Sugar Bowl from ~a decade ago.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedZone said:

We only deal in state championships, national championships and super bowls.

Thanks for thinking about us.  xD

#goGeico

I'll have 3 of what he's having! I don't want to fight........bam

B

Yeah we know that you would be ready to jump off a bridge if LA could potentially have to face FL number 1 team in the Geico bowl LMAO

Btw Saints have 1 super bowl, do you realize how many states have a lot more LMAO 😂😂😂

Also LSU will choke in playoffs, feel free to quote me on that because know that I will

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Logistically, I get not playing IMG. But resisting SFAs advances make no sense. 

Some teams actually have class. They don't treat high school football like it's the WWE. 

Walking around sporting ridiculous jackets proclaiming themselves some ridiculous thing or other. Calling out other teams. You know, that type of stuff. 

I don't blame them for not wanting to give those types any ink off of them, regardless of whatever bullshit angle or spin folks try using to apply pressure on them. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A documentary is currently being filmed. Those things are needed to spice things up. I know you know this. 

I do, but, you have to understand the flip side as well. 

In this case, teams like STA give no ink. 

Don't worry, same for Colquitt with Rush here. A team like STA wouldn't play Colquitt either. Even though Rush's Two-A-Days MTV reality show was long in his past. 

You get both sides of the sword by doing things like that. 

the Edgewater game will be very telling. Obviously they have to win, and they have to win by a decent margin. If they only win by say 6 to 9 points, then it's up in the air if they will win a national championship even with a Geico win. If they blow out Edgewater and then convincingly beat the best Geico opponent, then they have a very strong claim. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A documentary is currently being filmed. Those things are needed to spice things up. I know you know this. 

So, he's justifying being a douche by playing the "but I'm a reality TV star" card. Indeed, we live in a time where there are enough ethically bankrupt morons to go for this. One has to figure it will be a smashing success. White House visit coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah we know that you would be ready to jump off a bridge if LA could potentially have to face FL number 1 team in the Geico bowl LMAO

Btw Saints have 1 super bowl, do you realize how many states have a lot more LMAO 😂😂😂

Also LSU will choke in playoffs, feel free to quote me on that because know that I will

You talk much, 2nd Round...

Why?

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

So, he's justifying being a douche by playing the "but I'm a reality TV star" card. Indeed, we live in a time where there are enough ethically bankrupt morons to go for this. One has to figure it will be a smashing success. White House visit coming soon.

Yes, I know I've seen documentaries that portray individuals who exhibit humility. Based on GSB's sometimes-correct info, this ain't one of them. Sell the sizzle, though...it dupes the gullible. 

His mission to use his money to help at risk youth in Baltimore get an education and advance their lives into adulthood is admirable. 

But to act like an annoying asshole while your doing it kinda takes away from goal. Acting mature and responsible is supposed to be apart of this mission i assume. They are teaching the players to act like clowns so even when they enter adulthood they may feel like it’s ok to act like an asshole. 

This is an easy fix 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

His mission to use his money to help at risk youth in Baltimore get an education and advance their lives into adulthood is what he claims he's doing when all he really wants to do his win prep football glory. 

But to act like an annoying asshole while your doing it kinda takes away from goal. Acting mature and responsible is supposed to be apart of this mission i assume. They are teaching the players to act like clowns so even when they enter adulthood they may feel like it’s ok to act like an asshole. 

This is an easy fix 

FIFY

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

His mission to use his money to help at risk youth in Baltimore get an education and advance their lives into adulthood is admirable. 

This is an easy fix 

If he could’ve taught Shane Lee how to play MLB I wouldn’t be so against them