Q&A with Rashid Ghazi of Paragon Marketing

PrepGridiron

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who’s your top 5 best HSFB states?

Won't list a top 5 but we tend to do a lot of games from FLA, TX and CA obviously. GA has been great and AZ is really up and coming. Unique thing about GA is football is very strong in the ATL area and down State as well. So many great games every week with strong crowds, high end recruits and great atmosphere. If i had to pick 1 state to do a already scheduled game from every week it would be GA or TX and then Miami-Dade area of FL followed by Southern Cal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2 questions

One

After last year with remote sites is there any consideration towards adding more games in the future?

And two

Is there any other sports you have looked into for post season bowls for?

1. Great thing about remote sites is atmosphere and crowd. Lee County was amazing!  Biggest issue is last minute logistics not knowing who is going to win and then if they do will they host with sometimes a 1 week notice.  If we can get enough States and financial backing the ultimate goal would be to have State to State Boarder Bowl with multiple classifications playing then take the top 4 teams to play in a doubleheader bowl.  

2. Football is our second sports.  We also run the GEICO Basketball Nationals in NYC every Spring. That event has helped determine the Mythical National Championship in boys hoops multiple times.  We also have a 4 teams girls event where the 2 of the last 3 winners have been ranked #1 in the nation by USA Today or MaxPreps.

Adding more spring sports is impossible due to graduation and State Championships almost 1 month apart.  Other sports like soccer are played during different seasons State by State.  We did start a baseball all-star game this summer between kids from the CPS, PSAL, CIFSS and Miami-Dade Schools and do run a 4 team Lacrosse Post-Season Championship as well. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rashid said:

1. Great thing about remote sites is atmosphere and crowd. Lee County was amazing!  Biggest issue is last minute logistics not knowing who is going to win and then if they do will they host with sometimes a 1 week notice.  If we can get enough States and financial backing the ultimate goal would be to have State to State Boarder Bowl with multiple classifications playing then take the top 4 teams to play in a doubleheader bowl.  

2. Football is our second sports.  We also run the GEICO Basketball Nationals in NYC every Spring. That event has helped determine the Mythical National Championship in boys hoops multiple times.  We also have a 4 teams girls event where the 2 of the last 3 winners have been ranked #1 in the nation by USA Today or MaxPreps.

Adding more spring sports is impossible due to graduation and State Championships almost 1 month apart.  Other sports like soccer are played during different seasons State by State.  We did start a baseball all-star game this summer between kids from the CPS, PSAL, CIFSS and Miami-Dade Schools and do run a 4 team Lacrosse Post-Season Championship as well. 

I certainly enjoyed the Lee County game! It truly was a great atmosphere, like many south Georgia schools experience week in and out. 

One of the more fun games I've ever attended because I wasn't emotionally invested, and I sat with the crazy SFA fans. 

1 minute ago, Rashid said:

You just like that i praised GA. LOL. Rush is one of my close long time friends. Did the original Nease vs. Hoover game with him. 

Nah, I really do appreciate the candid answers and everything. I love me some Georgia, no doubt about it, but, I can appreciate a good conversation whether Georgia is involved or not. 

I know Rush had a love/hate with ESPN, personal relationships aside of course. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 6:22 PM, Rashid said:

Won't list a top 5 but we tend to do a lot of games from FLA, TX and CA obviously. GA has been great and AZ is really up and coming. Unique thing about GA is football is very strong in the ATL area and down State as well. So many great games every week with strong crowds, high end recruits and great atmosphere. If i had to pick 1 state to do a already scheduled game from every week it would be GA or TX and then Miami-Dade area of FL followed by Southern Cal. 

You guys gotta get the winnersville classic next year.  Do it college game day style. The atmosphere when valdosta host is on of a kind. Also the history or the rivalry and same with valdosta vs colquitt that would be great to see.

12 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Depth is overrated. The big states have maybe 3 or 4 in the top 25. So I go by who is ranked higher in comp 25 and how many teams they have in it.

But depth means STATE. If you are just counting the top 3-4 thats not really a state. 

Of course someone from Cali would say depth is overrated because Cali has no depth... Only 3, sometimes 4, stacked teams at the top and nothing else. 

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 7:28 AM, ECHS05 said:

But depth means STATE. If you are just counting the top 3-4 thats not really a state. 

Of course someone from Cali would say depth is overrated because Cali has no depth... Only 3, sometimes 4, stacked teams at the top and nothing else. 

How many elite teams do most states have? 1 maybe 2. A couple states have more. What do we talk about here? Nationally elite teams right? Who cares what their #'s 6 and on do if they are not elite.

43 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

How many elite teams do most states have? 1 maybe 2. A couple states have more. What do we talk about here? Nationally elite teams right? Who cares what their #'s 6 and on do if they are not elite.

If some people wouldn't try to declare "state dominance" then, you are right, no one would care. For some reason, almost everyone wants to declare some form of state dominance based off of a win or two, so the debate into what makes a state more dominant rages on. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If some people wouldn't try to declare "state dominance" then, you are right, no one would care. For some reason, almost everyone wants to declare spme form of state dominance based off of a win or two, so the debate into what makes a state more dominant rages on. 

I only care about the relevant teams in each state.  But, to each they own. 

• dntn31 unpinned this topic