Coach Negro 2nd Q&A

PrepGridiron

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

In Cali 80% of the people can hardly afford a roof over their head and 20% are damn near homeless.  🏈

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-homelessness-states-worst-crises-2018-11#california-still-represents-nearly-a-quarter-of-the-us-homeless-population-5

Less than 0.4% of California residents are homeless

🤡

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

45,000 people don't show up to a state championship game because they're all a part of the participant's communities.

People in Texas just like to show up and watch 3rd party schools plays for state championships. There's nothing inherently good or bad about it.

In all my years of this Earth, I think I've attended 4 state championships that I wasn't party to: Two in Orlando (when Roger was at University School) and two in Miami when it was super close to home.

I just don't care to go out of my way to watch other schools play in person and most of America is in agreement.

I disagree but I appreciate the rebuttal. 

Football is a big deal in Texas, I go to sporting events for the competition and these teams I have no ties to except an interest. That pretty much sums up the outlier participation on a fan level in Texas. We have some of that in Georgia but not on the scale of Texas. 
The Cali fans are parents, recruiters and general interest fans but Cali doesn’t have the “community” interest that you see in Georgia and Texas... Can’t speak for Florida... only attended one game in Yulee. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

bgw

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

There you go then.  We can agree.  I stand by my statement and am buoyed by your admission of support for my position.

Here’s a clue, the only ones that matter are the ones that did attend or watch the game.  They knew who DLS is.  And stop the BS, I lived in Cali for 5 years and it’s far from a HSFB knowledge hotbed.  Many are clueless about national teams 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Football is a big deal in Texas, I go to sporting events for the competition and these teams I have no ties to except an interest. That pretty much sums up the outlier participation on a fan level in Texas. We have some of that in Georgia but not on the scale of Texas. 
The Cali fans are parents, recruiters and general interest fans but Cali doesn’t have the “community” interest that you see in Georgia and Texas... Can’t speak for Florida... only attended one game in Yulee. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

bgw

Here’s who shows up to the Texas high school games 

20271960-11EE-45B9-A6D4-75EBC95BAD36.jpeg

EAF5CD26-34E9-4878-9667-7D7FD24C8180.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Again, 15,000 people don't show up to the 2A State Championship game because of community interest. Those communities don't even have that many people.

They show up because they, strangely, like to watch crappy high school football between schools that they have no connection to whatsoever.

There's nothing inherently noble about this.

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Again, 15,000 people don't show up to the 2A State Championship game because of community interest. Those communities don't even have that many people.

They show up because they, strangely, like to watch crappy high school football between schools that they have no connection to whatsoever.

There's nothing inherently noble about this.

That’s YOUR opinion and you’re entitled to it. Just can’t foist your opinion then degrade it with and expect  those you’re attempting to influence to side with it. 

Doesn’t work that way.

I know you take pride with the hard truth, but the hard truth is this, those 15k don’t agree with you. 

BGW

31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Here’s who shows up to the Texas high school games 

20271960-11EE-45B9-A6D4-75EBC95BAD36.jpeg

EAF5CD26-34E9-4878-9667-7D7FD24C8180.jpeg

In that video intro, the guy in the video talks the same way that I imagine Coach Negro talks when he's talking out about wanting to play Texas teams. 

The guy in the video is obviously mentally challenged. What's Coach Negro's excuse? 

• Haha 5

If I wasn't from Texas I would want to see them too.  We get it 🤘and I would obsess over them not giving a flying Fook about not wanting to travel.  If I have an Olympic pool I'm not going to be too excited about coming and playing in the kiddie pool with you.. But keep thinking it's because I'm afraid I might drown away from 🏡

That about sums it up. Oh and tell that Negro to hush. 🤣

• Haha 2