OT: Damn Russians Cost Comey his Job

thc6795

I say good riddance to Comey. He needed to go for sure because he certainly politicized his office horribly during the election.

At the same time... The optics are terrible for the president. We have to take into consideration that he announced multiple times that Comey redeemed himself by going public with the "new" email report just before the election. This president will seemingly never learn that the stuff he says is always weighed as he takes actions later. 

I suspected that this would happen during that congressional hearing where Comey spoke to the fact that Obama did not wire tap Trump. One day Trump hated Comey for not arresting Hillary then after the reports of emails found right before the election, Trump loved the guy to the point that he went public saying that he redeemed himself. Now, Comey called Trump a liar on the wire tapping claims, and was looking for more funding to untangle the web involving Russia, Flynn and possibly others in the Trump campaign/administration. 

Looks like politics as usual to me except handled fairly ineptly. The president no doubt has the power to do what he did, but damn are the optics bad. Really bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I say good riddance to Comey. He needed to go for sure because he certainly politicized his office horribly during the election.

At the same time... The optics are terrible for the president. We have to take into consideration that he announced multiple times that Comey redeemed himself by going public with the "new" email report just before the election. This president will seemingly never learn that the stuff he says is always weighed as he takes actions later. 

I suspected that this would happen during that congressional hearing where Comey spoke to the fact that Obama did not wire tap Trump. One day Trump hated Comey for not arresting Hillary then after the reports of emails found right before the election, Trump loved the guy to the point that he went public saying that he redeemed himself. Now, Comey called Trump a liar on the wire tapping claims, and was looking for more funding to untangle the web involving Russia, Flynn and possibly others in the Trump campaign/administration. 

Looks like politics as usual to me except handled fairly ineptly. The president no doubt has the power to do what he did, but damn are the optics bad. Really bad. 

optics?

cheeto, don't care about NO stinking optics and neither does Kellyann Conway...

8 hours ago, concha said:

Yep.  Liberals have had problems with Comey for ages. You agree with the point of the meme, I assume. It is factually correct.

Not about being a liberal.  It's about being an American.  I cannot believe that anyone on here supports Trump who looks almost exclusively out for his family interests and cares little about the United States.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BigDrop said:

No.  The FBI issued Grand Jury subpoenas to associates of Michael Flynn:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html which was reported tonight.  Comey stated on March 9th that there is an active investigation into the possible Russian connection.

You don't fire the person leading the investigation against you.  If you do it makes you look guilty.  Especially if you also fire the Attorney General and the person who is also leading an investigation against you in New York.  

Comey should have been fired months ago...or months from now.  But not now.  Again, it really looks bad.

The same Michael Flynn that the Obama administration hired and used for Russian talks and deals? Just wondering?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Not about being a liberal.  It's about being an American.  I cannot believe that anyone on here supports Trump who looks almost exclusively out for his family interests and cares little about the United States.  

Your issues - real and imagined - about Trump are just epic. Every day it's something, yet the world hasn't ended. And one wonders where your dogged critique was when Obama and Hillary were in power. Fucking crickets if I recall.

At least Chip is a fuktard. What's your excuse?

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

You know what the argument is. You are Ivy League.......now your whacked out sense of politics is on you.

Your idiocy and thus far substance-free libtard conspiracy theories don't interest me, Chip. 

Why don't you try to accomplish something worthwhile and lift your kids from the abyss of shame they endure every day?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4493854/Deputy-AG-Rod-Rosenstein-got-bipartisan-praise.html

'He doesn't have an ounce of politician in him.' Rod Rosenstein, deputy attorney general who influenced Trump to sack FBI Director Comey, got bipartisan praise

• Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has spent nearly 30 years as a top prosecutor who has worked on high-profile cases
  • His letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions was the final nail on the coffin for FBI Director James Comey, who President Trump fired Tuesday 
  • Rosenstein was confirmed by the Senate in late April with bipartisan support and co-workers have applauded him for not being partisan  

1 hour ago, concha said:

Your issues - real and imagined - about Trump are just epic. Every day it's something, yet the world hasn't ended. And one wonders where your dogged critique was when Obama and Hillary were in power. Fucking crickets if I recall.

At least Chip is a fuktard. What's your excuse?

I aupported HIllary but not Obama.  Regrdless Trump is a trainwreck that endangers health care jobs, tariffs, international trading and defense treaties.  I do not understand how someone benefits from continuing to believe Trump is looking out for them.  He cares about noody but himself.

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Russian and family interests that conflict with American interests.

Hopefully you will figure out soon that EVERY single day since Trump was elected until he's gone there will be a "YUGE" story from liberal news about something Trump should get canned for. After the shit don't stick to the wall, they'll move on to something new. 

This whole Russian bs is something the Dems are doing to try to grab votes in 2020 and not take responsibility for why they actually lost. 

I didn't vote for Trump and I can see this...

Glad ya came out from the bunker for some supplies and catch up on the news. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Hopefully you will figure out soon that EVERY single day since Trump was elected until he's gone there will be a "YUGE" story from liberal news about something Trump should get canned for. After the shit don't stick to the wall, they'll move on to something new. 

This whole Russian bs is something the Dems are doing to try to grab votes in 2020 and not take responsibility for why they actually lost. 

I didn't vote for Trump and I can see this...

Glad ya came out from the bunker for some supplies and catch up on the news. 

Just watch television and read the news. Trump lied through his teeth about Comey and now it is all coming out.  He fired Comey because he demanded blind loyalty and Comey would not give it; also because Comey wanted more funding-he wanted to widen the investigation and was getting too close to Trump.

Incredible that yesterday morning Trump had two Russians in the White House and would not admit the American press although Russian media had photos.  

I ask this again:  what is Trump doing for you and our country?  It is, in fact, what he is doing TO our country.

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Just watch television and read the news.

Just think about who you are listening to. Obama and Hillary boot-lickers and pillow-fluffers who despise Trump with every fiber of their being. People with all the intellectual integrity and objectivity of Chip.

15 minutes ago, concha said:

Just think about who you are listening to. Obama and Hillary boot-lickers and pillow-fluffers who despise Trump with every fiber of their being. People with all the intellectual integrity and objectivity of Chip.

concha, obviously had an extra bowl of frosted cheeto flakes this morning.

Coming out strong...strong, I tell you.

13 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The self-appointed head of #muhresistance doesn't support Comey's firing by Trump, but would support it if Hillary was POTUS.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/10/maxine_waters_i_dont_support_trump_firing_comey_i_would_support_hillary_clinton_firing_comey.html

Seems legit.

You still Hot for Teacher, David Lee? xD

Sorry, what were you saying?