“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/04/mapping-coronavirus-outbreak-infographic/

China remains the country with the most coronavirus cases and related deaths, by a significant margin. However, in recent weeks, China has seen fewer and fewer new cases per day, while the count in places like Italy, Iran, Germany, France and the U.S. have risen.

Seems like the Most High is not pissed with the Big Pork Chop (Africa) straight Chilling while this Virus is acting a Fool around the World 🤣

Africa and South America used to be a combined land Mass.  Check it out you can still slide em together.  Both are just fine comparable to the Rest of the World.  They should immediately shut down their Continents Borders 😎  Along with the Ruskiess.  But with China next Door they can't hold out for long.  Africa least affected land mass 

Image result for coronavirus on a map

africa food funny geography pork chop TLL - 6507514368

Where the airplanes go...

1920px-World-airline-routemap-2009.png

da58dcda13f3b6ccaedb2fe0c68bee16.jpg

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Africa and South America used to be a combined land Mass.  Check it out you can still slide em together.  Both are just fine comparable to the Rest of the World.  They should immediately shut down their Continents Borders 😎  Along with the Ruskiess. 

africa food funny geography pork chop TLL - 6507514368

Quick question....Do you think this will slow down the mass exodus from pork chop to Euro shangri la ?

Maybe if they flood a few more rivers?

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/03/10/bulgaria-floods-evros-river-to-prevent-migrants-storming-greek-borders/

...and some people wonder how a virus gets politicized 🙄

5 hours ago, concha said:

Well, that's one possible explanation.  Another might be they aren't adequately testing and reporting - Sorta like here.

Anecdotal story.  That means it's an anecdote, not data. What folks decide to do with it is up to them.  I'd like to hope that maybe it will inform some questioning.   I actually have a friend who is an epidemiologist.  Been talking to him about coronavirus since January.  Back then he said he was concerned it was going to turn into a pandemic.  He specifically mentioned the travel between China and Africa as a reason.  

Whatever, the virus is already here and spreading widely.  The Euro travel ban at this point is probably minimally helpful,  more of a distraction.  I prefer countries that adequately test and report, and operate from the science.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Well, that's one possible explanation.  Another might be they aren't adequately testing and reporting - Sorta like here.

Anecdotal story.  That means it's an anecdote, not data. What folks decide to do with it is up to them.  I'd like to hope that maybe it will inform some questioning.   I actually have a friend who is an epidemiologist.  Been talking to him about coronavirus since January.  Back then he said he was concerned it was going to turn into a pandemic.  He specifically mentioned the travel between China and Africa as a reason.  

Whatever, the virus is already here and spreading widely.  The Euro travel ban at this point is probably minimally helpful,  more of a distraction.  I prefer countries that test and report, and operate from the science.

When your boat is full of holes and sinking, you need to plug the holes or all the bailing will ultimately fail.

The free-for-all to pile on Trump is a bit farcical.  When he DID do something important and effective he was immediately attacked as a racist and xenophobe. For Trump, no good deed goes unpunished.

While I'm sure other/more things could have been done potentially, we're probably not nearly as bad off as if he had not restricted China travel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, concha said:

1920px-World-airline-routemap-2009.png

Or as one Astute Gentlemen from Disease control stated on air last night as the Weather Heats up it should slow the Virus.  Regardless I am sure planes go to South America as well.  No deflection the facts are the Disease has not taken hold for the most part in those 2 Continents.   One  may explain it anyway one chooses. I  posted the facts that the Big Pork Chop is not as affected as most.  Now can you explain Ebola and other Catastrophic calamities that do in fact affect the Big Pork Chop.   This is a Global World.  I live in Dallas and Ebola got to us a few years back. 

Maybe the Heat in Africa is not conducive for this Virus

• Like 1

Will Warm Weather Curb Coronavirus? What the Experts Say

A few researchers have prepared analyses on the subject, but none have been yet been published in scholarly journals, which require papers to be vetted by experts working in the same field. A group of U.S. and Iranian researchers concluded that the places Covid-19 infection has mostly taken hold so far -- such as Wuhan in central China, Milan and Seattle -- share similarly mild humidity and temperatures ranging from about 5 to 11 degrees Celsius (41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit) in winter. In hotter, more humid places like Bangkok the virus has mainly been seen in people who brought it in from outside, and has not spread quickly through the community, the researchers said. However, they said predictions should be regarded with “extreme caution.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Quick question....Do you think this will slow down the mass exodus from pork chop to Euro shangri la ?

Maybe if they flood a few more rivers?

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/03/10/bulgaria-floods-evros-river-to-prevent-migrants-storming-greek-borders/

...and some people wonder how a virus gets politicized 🙄

Do You think there are more People conducting mas exodus from the Big Pork Chop to Euro Shangri la as you call it.  Or the whole Southern half of the Continent invaded and taken by the Shangri La people?  Oh by the way guess what part has the Most Cases the part with the Shangri La group.   The President politicized it by claiming it's a Democratic hoax.    The Greeks and Shangri La Group are the greatest Invaders storming borders in History.  Karma can be a bitch.  Let's compare the Invading Histories of each 🤣  Why do all Africans speak another tongue other than an Afro-Asiatic language?  I am sure it's not because hordes of them invaded Shangri La to learn a Euro-language.  But what do I know 😒

Image result for child please GIF

23 minutes ago, concha said:

When your boat is full of holes and sinking, you need to plug the holes or all the bailing will ultimately fail.

The free-for-all to pile on Trump is a bit farcical.  ... 

"I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship."  

IMPOTUS - March 6, 2020 

What's farcical is the richest and most powerful nation on earth not being able to test when many other countries brought it online weeks ago, not accurately reporting the numbers, and apparently the leader not wanting to  - Later the claim will be 'look at the numbers,' when they weren't gathered and reported in the first place.  Meanwhile, can't plug holes if you don't know where they are.

Video

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Or as one Astute Gentlemen from Disease control stated on air last night as the Weather Heats up it should slow the Virus.  Regardless I am sure planes go to South America as well.  No deflection the facts are the Disease has not taken hold for the most part in those 2 Continents.   One  may explain it anyway one chooses. I  posted the facts that the Big Pork Chop is not as affected as most.  Now can you explain Ebola and other Catastrophic calamities that do in fact affect the Big Pork Chop.   This is a Global World.  I live in Dallas and Ebola got to us a few years back. 

Maybe the Heat in Africa is not conducive for this Virus

If a disease originates in one place, it needs to travel to affect another.

Simple logic dictates that a virus is going to be higher risk along more densely traveled routes and to the extent it travels through main travel hubs.

As worldwide travel goes, Europe, Asia, and North America are far more likely to be travel destinations than S America or Africa.  As regards Australia,  something like 90% of the population lives within 20 miles of the coast and urbanization rates approach 90% (amongst the most urbanized nations in the world). This adds to the risk of spread there.

Weather? Another issue, though things are pretty hot in Oz right now.

"I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship."  

IMPOTUS - March 6, 2020 

What's farcical is the richest and most powerful nation on earth not being able to test when many other countries brought it online weeks ago, not accurately reporting the numbers, and apparently the leader not wanting to  - Later the claim will be 'look at the numbers,' when they weren't gathered and reported in the first place.  Meanwhile, can't plug holes if you don't know where they are.

Video

Known external hotspots?

BTW,  what is the production capacity and lead time for getting these testing kits?

15 minutes ago, concha said:

Known external hotspots?

BTW,  what is the production capacity and lead time for getting these testing kits?

Apparently 3 weeks.  In any case fast enough that S Korea has been conducting 10,000 tests a day for several weeks. The US just crossed it's first 10,000 test total this week (with a whopping 8 reported on Tuesday, the last day of reporting).  Failure of leadership, crisis and contingency planning - Already pointed this out more than a week ago - When the stories are finally told, I suspect we will learn a lot more about this testing debacle and it won't be good.

CDC Testing Total https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing-in-us.html

• Like 1

Apparently 3 weeks.  In any case fast enough that S Korea has been conducting 10,000 tests a day for several weeks. The US just crossed it's first 10,000 test total this week (with a whopping 8 reported on Tuesday, the last day of reporting).  Failure of leadership, crisis and contingency planning - Already pointed this out more than a week ago - When the stories are finally told, I suspect we will learn a lot more about this testing debacle and it won't be good.

CDC Testing Total https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing-in-us.html

Sounds like a CDC and production issue, and I would dare to venture that the situation was not better prepared in 2016. I have read of problems at production facilities...

As regards S Korea,  I would guess that them being a modern world manufacturing center with a near-as-damn authoritarian-style government helps them. That, and being located very close to China which, I imagine, added to a sense of urgency.

If folks want to criticize, then that is their right.  It would be nice, however, for there to be a some intellectual honesty about all the pearl-clutching and outrage seen in the MSM every day.  A material part of it is simply due to the fact that most of the MSM leans left and caters to the left. They loathe Trump and will grasp at any excuse to go after him.  Trump's reactions have been warp-speed compared to what occurred under Obama for H1N1. But Obama was their guy... 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

But what do I know 😒

more than most 😄

Like I'm sure you are aware of why flu is SEASONAL....

Obviously the basis, of your thesis, as to why Africa has been spared the brunt of this 'winter flu'...

Correct?

🤔

PS....There's that pesky Sun again...killing all those pandemics 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

Well the CDC thinks ability to transmit before getting sick is quite low - the vast majority of transmission is from people who are clinically ill.

This is what you actually said dipshit.

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

It is not even clear it is really transmissible before you get sick.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Sounds like a CDC and production issue, and I would dare to venture that the situation was not better prepared in 2016. I have read of problems at production facilities...

1. Trump fired the global pandemic people in the NSC two years before a pandemic.
  2. For still unstated reasons, the Administration chose not to use the existing WHO test, creating delays.
  3. The Admin pursued policies that delayed finding cases to lowball the number of infections.

That's the story in a nutshell.

• Thanks 2

Just now, 15yds4gibberish said:
  1. Trump fired the global pandemic people in the NSC two years before a pandemic.
  2. For still unstated reasons, the Administration chose not to use the existing WHO test, creating delays.
  3. The Admin pursued policies that delayed finding cases to lowball the number of infections.

#1 and #2 sounds like they are actually nationalists ...and not globalists...

#3 sounds like you made it up yourself...

giphy.gif

nutshell?

31 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

So Trump personally recommended and chose the test to use?

If, so then I would agree that is not good.

43 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The WHO test reportedly has a 30% false negative rate - not a very good test in this situation.  False positives more tolerable in this situation