“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/middleeast/iran-coronavirus-supreme-leader-adviser-intl/index.html

Screenshot_20200302-124833_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b2c93ca34e9ca03bc4c64945b1ff01b.jpg

Depends on where you look. 291 recovered vs. 66 dead. Maybe 1100 just had the sniffles. Idk. 

..6 dead in Washington State..... 

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/department-health-confirms-first-coronavirus-death-washington-state/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I guess. If you choose to look at the worldwide data like a reasonable person, it's a fact that 80% show minor or no symptoms. And if they actually have the sniffles, then they're probably good...since that isn't even a symptom of the virus. 

That said, if you want to cherry pick one country to try and prop up your silly claim that "for everyone young and with full lung function, it will just be severe sickness, " that's cool too I suppose lol.

Idk, I don't call the flu mild. You ever had it? Most everyone has at some point. How would you classify your flu symptoms?

Mine were pretty severe. Hurt to even move about the 2nd or 3rd day. 

I understand they're only classifying around 13 percent as "critical" and 80 percent as mild. 

Depends on your definition of mild I suppose. 

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk, I don't call the flu mild. You ever had it? Most everyone has at some point. How would you classify your flu symptoms?

Mine were pretty severe. Hurt to even move about the 2nd or 3rd day. 

I understand they're only classifying around 13 percent as "critical" and 80 percent as mild. 

Depends on your definition of mild I suppose. 

Well, the CDC's definition of mild is "common cold level."

So, there's that I suppose.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:46 AM, Bormio said:

Even the New England Journal of Medicine, the preeminent medical journal in the world, argues the coronavirus is likely no worse than a severe seasonal flu and that the death rate appears to be under 2%, and likely under 1%.  And that the age distribution of deaths resembles a normal flu virus.  For all the extreme panic that IS being whipped by the TV and internet press (Drudge is despicable), this is NOTHING like the 1918 flu.

A voice of reason in a cauldron of psychosis 

Thank you. Still need to caution on the safe side is my thought. I'll take my chances and not panic.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, Bormio said:

More articles being written that stopping the spread of the virus is impossible, but the death rate is very low, especially in the non elderly.  So we might as well live our lives.  Once that realization sinks in, normalcy will return.

Common sense tells those that know anything about diseases that this will be common as a cold in less than 2 years. Can it mutate, sure. If and when it does it will be met with new research and new treatments. 

Life ending events... I would worry more about a asteroid strike. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 10:56 AM, The Guru said:

They're advocating doing nothing if it hurts Trump.

That's one of the most unattractive things about conservatism. They're nihilists about everything that doesn't either benefit conservatism or their bottom line.

Same could be said for libers... right or wrong?

On 3/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, NorCalRuss said:

Imagine the fun that could be had chilling with 66, los, nooner, Cajun in a pub...4 brothers...  ladies would be gravitating to the group I’m sure... 

If you could handcuff everyone to the table if could be amusing. I would be interested in observing. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Same could be said for libers... right or wrong?

I don't even know what that is.

But I assume you're trying to avoid confronting what I said by claiming that there's some kind of equivalence between the two.

There's a kernel of truth to every charge like this but I always respond in the same way: liberals are more principled than conservatives and have been since at least 1995.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I don't even know what that is.

But I assume you're trying to avoid confronting what I said by claiming that there's some kind of equivalence between the two.

There's a kernel of truth to every charge like this but I always respond in the same way: liberals are more principled than conservatives and have been since at least 1995.

And that is YOUR perspective. 

49 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

How worried are you and how do you plan to live through this pandemic?

I'm not so worried for myself. Only for those that are in poor health.

Same.

I'm not worried about myself at all. Or the stock market for that matter.

I guess that makes us the minority around here.

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

No, they're just necessary offense to gullible goofballs like yourself.

Why do you feel the need to go on Offense against me?

You always seem to have some smart ass or insulting response to others? Why is that? Why do you feel like you need to insult others? Serious question, does it make you feel better? Have you ever thought about maybe seeing a Clinical Psychologist? 

Also, Insults are childish and annoying. Often used when intellect fails. Pecking order anyone?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-beast/201611/the-psychology-insults

30 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Why do you feel the need to go on Offense against me?

You always seem to have some smart ass or insulting response to others? Why is that? Why do you feel like you need to insult others? Serious question, does it make you feel better? Have you ever thought about maybe seeing a Clinical Psychologist? 

Also, Insults are childish and annoying. Often used when intellect fails. Pecking order anyone?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-human-beast/201611/the-psychology-insults

Probbaly has the same condition as Hitler..ya know...mico penis!