“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did the media shut anything down this time? 

Hmm, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because the media only reports on stuff and the CDC and WHO kind of decide what the proper courses of action are. 

Maybe they think they learned a lesson from the last time. Idk though, what do you think? You are clearly, I mean CLEARLY smarter than the media, CDC and WHO all put together.

The rest of us, you know, the low info types, need to know what your valuable opinion is. It has to be better than the WHO and CDC opinions. xD

Gee. Hawg. Care to address why, with literally millions infected and thousands dying from the H1N! virus, life was still going on as normal? I'm all ears, smart guy. And yeah, low info. I just call it like I see it: Mass hysteria caused by a completely irresponsible and unethical media filling the ears of gullible, unreasonable, reactive people. Sounds like you fit that category. The whole bay area is being shut down here and there's like 12 people sick. Exaggerated but you get my point. So once again Einstein. Why wasn't the entire country shut down when H1N1 was literally killing 100's of people PER DAY? Why wasn't the CDC and the WHO calling for such extreme measures with H1N1?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty soon we will all be quarantined.  Economic activity will cease.  Which might be the point.  People are losing their fricking minds.  People are going to have heart attacks and die at home because they have been told to stay there.  It is not even clear it is really transmissible before you get sick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Pretty soon we will all be quarantined.  Economic activity will cease.  Which might be the point.  People are losing their fricking minds.  People are going to have heart attacks and die at home because they have been told to stay there.  It is not even clear it is really transmissible before you get sick.

I'm...obviously...pretty bent about the way this is being handled by the media. 24/7 literally non-stop, hysteria-causing coverage. You nailed it, sir. There will be further reaching effects, maybe deaths as you pointed out, from simply trying to not get infected. Apparently, you are the only one who understands that. And what a shock...you're a doctor.🤔

22 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Coming from a low-info type such as yourself, I know that I'm doing something right. I'll take it as a compliment, goofy. 👍

ChipTard the Wonder Racist calling someone strange. That's funny shit.

A racist imbecile with a penchant for shirtless teenage boys is taking shots.

🤣  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope our buddy Zulu catches a flight home before Friday. Unless of course he's over in Europe for an extended stay. 

This is probably all just media driven hysteria though. 

That's gotta be it. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Just media driven hysteria. Nothing to see here at all. 

• Haha 1

I honestly don't reckon stopping travel is gonna do much at this point though. This shit is already everywhere. xD

A little late to start fucking up people's travel plans imo. Unless of course there is still something else to protect us from of course. Maybe still something they aren't telling us. 

If there is a few cases in Valdosta, and a few in Albany, I figure there's cases about everywhere by now. Can't figure what to make of shutting down travel out of the country if you're gonna let folks go from Albany to Valdosta and stop in Mowtree for gas. 

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I honestly don't reckon stopping travel is gonna do much at this point though. This shit is already everywhere. xD

A little late to start fucking up people's travel plans imo. Unless of course there is still something else to protect us from of course. Maybe still something they aren't telling us. 

If there is a few cases in Valdosta, and a few in Albany, I figure there's cases about everywhere by now. Can't figure what to make of shutting down travel out of the country if you're gonna let folks go from Albany to Valdosta and stop in Mowtree for gas. 

Stopping a potential stream of infected people from entering the country won't do much?

If you have roaches in your house, do you try to prevent more from getting in while trying to get rid of the ones already inside?

Just now, concha said:

Stopping a potential stream of infected people from entering the country won't do much?

If you have roaches in your house, do you try to prevent more from getting in while trying to get rid of the ones already inside?

Just in hind sight of course... Stopping them several weeks ago made sense. Now that we've let the virus in already, what difference does it make now? 

Right @Blueliner? It's all just media driven hype anyway. 

Like wtf you know?! 

Let's just "business as usual" ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did the media shut anything down this time? 

Hmm, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because the media only reports on stuff and the CDC and WHO kind of decide what the proper courses of action are. 

Maybe they think they learned a lesson from the last time. Idk though, what do you think? You are clearly, I mean CLEARLY smarter than the media, CDC and WHO all put together.

The rest of us, you know, the low info types, need to know what your valuable opinion is. It has to be better than the WHO and CDC opinions. xD

****Breaking News**** Due to the coronavirus the polls will remain closed, the election will be cancelled. President Trump will remain in office for the next four years.

You can bet your ass. If true this media pandemic would die a quick death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

****Breaking News**** Due to the coronavirus the polls will remain closed, the election will be cancelled. President Trump will remain in office for the next four years.

You can bet your ass. If true this media pandemic would die a quick death.

Maybe. Maybe they'll let me do the election and census both from home on my phone. 

Just now, concha said:

You're a strange dude.

Enjoy being a dick.

At the end of the day, Trump has done a better job than most (who aren't authoritarian).

Carry on.  👍

We want ACTION!  Do SOMETHING!  Although they have no idea what to do - it just sounds brilliant to say “do something”.  Even the experts are struggling to make recommendations.  The problem is serious, but not worthy of panic or apocalyptic headlines.  The virus is going to spread and cause disease, a goal of slowing the spread to avoid overloading our healthcare system is a reasonable goal.  Personal hygiene measures and social distancing are reasonable- probably the latter are less meaningful than some think.  Quarantine of all contacts for 14 days is ludicrous- how many times do you think some people are going to do that?  3, 5, 10?  Isolation of people who are sick and testing them is what is needed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

We want ACTION!  Do SOMETHING!  Although they have no idea what to do - it just sounds brilliant to say “do something”.  Even the experts are struggling to make recommendations.  The problem is serious, but not worthy of panic or apocalyptic headlines.  The virus is going to spread and cause disease, a goal of slowing the spread to avoid overloading our healthcare system is a reasonable goal.  Personal hygiene measures and social distancing are reasonable- probably the latter are less meaningful than some think.  Quarantine of all contacts for 14 days is ludicrous- how many times do you think some people are going to do that?  3, 5, 10?  Isolation of people who are sick and testing them is what is needed.

Now, what was keeping the ernge man from saying this a couple of weeks ago when us low info types already knew all of this? 

Follow where I'm coming from? Remember back when it was all a Democratic hoax and all? I know you do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, concha said:

You're a strange dude.

Enjoy being a dick.

At the end of the day, Trump has done a better job than most (who aren't authoritarian).

Carry on.  👍

Not sure how I'm strange? Is it because I'm not over here every day with an orange ring around my lips like most of you guys? 

I know it's kind of strange to see someone go against the flow sometimes.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now, what was keeping the ernge man from saying this a couple of weeks ago when us low info types already knew all of this? 

Follow where I'm coming from? Remember back when it was all a Democratic hoax and all? I know you do. 

Shit! I almost forgot... It's still all a Democratic hoax! 

Nothing to see here. Just a media driven hysteria. Idk wtf I was thinking up there. xD

• Haha 3