“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Not sure how I'm strange? Is it because I'm not over here every day with an orange ring around my lips like most of you guys? 

I know it's kind of strange to see someone go against the flow sometimes.  

Remember this?

This was Joe Biden the day after Trump restricted travel from China:

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” 

For some asshats, Trump will never get anything right.

The guy could sure cancer and leftist folks would attack him for putting oncologists out of work.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not sure how I'm strange? Is it because I'm not over here every day with an orange ring around my lips like most of you guys? 

I know it's kind of strange to see someone go against the flow sometimes.  

Sometimes? That's funny. Just kidding don't ban me.

• Haha 1

Just now, concha said:

Remember this?

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” 

The guy could sure cancer and leftist folks would attack him for putting oncologists out of work.

The jazz player was going to play tonight. The only reason he didn't was because the test came back positive. Not because he felt bad. Not because he was sick. If he had the flu he would have been a scratch and not been able to play.

Just now, concha said:

Remember this?

I bet if we could catch a drop of sweat off his ass it would cure cancer. xD

And, you're exactly right. Most humans will never be satisfied. You can drop us ass first into paradise and we'd still find something to bitch about. Nothing new with that. For some reason you act surprised though. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now, what was keeping the ernge man from saying this a couole of weeks ago when us low info types already knew all of this? 

Follow where I'm coming from? Remember back when it was all a Democratic hoax and all? I know you do. 

The panic was a hoax.  The idea that if you happen to come into contact with someone with the disease you needed to be a hermit for 2 weeks was not warranted.  That is soon going to be everyone of us - some of us multiple times.  Every doctor in the country would be out of service, just like every nurse, respiratory therapist etc.  We will survive this quite well.  Precaution is wise, panic is counterproductive.

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The jazz player was going to play tonight. The only reason he didn't was because the test came back positive. Not because he felt bad. Not because he was sick. If he had the flu he would have been a scratch and not been able to play.

Why was he tested?

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I bet if we could catch a drop of sweat off his ass it would cure cancer. xD

And, you're exactly right. Most humans will never be satisfied. You can drop us ass first into paradise and we'd still find something to bitch about. Nothing new with that. For some reason you act surprised though. 

No, the sweat off his ass has just gotten us record low unemployment, growing incomes, better trade deals (+ likely re-election)...  you know, the stuff that chaps YOUR ass and has you parading around like you are right now.  🤣

Carry on, Rahm...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bormio said:

The panic was a hoax.  The idea that if you happen to come into contact with someone with the disease you needed to be a hermit for 2 weeks was not warranted.  That is soon going to be everyone of us - some of us multiple times.  Every doctor in the country would be out of service, just like every nurse, respiratory therapist etc.  We will survive this quite well.  Precaution is wise, panic is counterproductive.

So, how do you suggest keeping folks from panicking? 

Just not report the news at all? Hide it in the small print in the legal section of the Wednesday newspapers? 

People are gonna people, man. The loons are gonna panic no matter what. You could quietly tell them that there is a bug and some people died and they'd spread it in misinformation on twitter like the right wings loons do, or, you could give them all the info they need to help protect them. Either way they're gonna panic. They're gonna swamp the stores and buy all the hand sanitizer, kleenex and cottonelle either way. At least this way they have real info and not widespread misinfo from twitter. 

• Haha 1

I'm trying to figure this out. 

Social distancing and all is a great idea. It will keep the hospitals from being inundated with sick all at once. 

How in the hell do we expect people to know anything about how to deal with the bug, if, we don't tell them about the bug? 

This is some funny shit. 

Shoulda told them to social distance weeks ago back when we were calling it a hoax. 

• Like 1

One thing to remember is any test has a false positive and false negative rate.  There are errors in both directions.  We are dealing with different tests from different sources (of necessity).  Some results are undoubtedly wrong.  Unfortunately we cannot sort that out now, but still need to realize.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm trying to figure this out. 

Social distancing and all is a great idea. It will keep the hospitals from being inundated with sick all at once. 

How in the hell do we expect people to know anything about how to deal with the bug, if, we don't tell them about the bug? 

It MIGHT help, even with social distancing there are lots of contacts between people. The press reports have been over the top - and really not informational.  Reports of terrifying chest Xrays make people think all get like that, reports of people keeling over in the street in China made people think Ebola, not something far less lethal.  The TV and internet headlines have been sensationalized - not designed to mitigate panic.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Just listened to Scott Van Pelt who said he was a go tonight until the test came back. 

His agent also posted he feels fine and people not to panic.

I heard Scott Van Pelt earlier say Gobert was not at the arena. People seem to be guessing early, to try to be the first to break the news.

All I know is that the media has not dictated how countries around the world are responding to this, and it is not a worldwide conspiracy against Trump. It is a virus, like others before it, and if steps can be taken to minimize it's effect on the population, lets do it. Even Trump tonight changed his tune -- good for him.

Let's try to get past this as quickly, and with as little impact to people's lives, as possible. Might have to make some changes for a week or two, but for the better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just in hind sight of course... Stopping them several weeks ago made sense. Now that we've let the virus in already, what difference does it make now? 

Right @Blueliner? It's all just media driven hype anyway. 

Like wtf you know?! 

Let's just "business as usual" ;)

Well, Hawg. Shut it down then, bro. Quarantine yourself. You'll have plenty of time while you're in your bubble to respond to either a.) the overhyped reporting of coronavirus, or b.) the under-reporting of a virus that preyed upon children in massive numbers. Why wasn't the friggin' whole world shut down for the millions of infections, hundreds of thousands  hospitalized, tens of thousands deaths, and people were dying literally by the 100s daily? Why wasn't it reported in 2009 24/7 with q10 minute updates? Are you going answer or just be coy and insult me?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Well, Hawg. Shut it down then, bro. Quarantine yourself. You'll have plenty of time while you're in your bubble to respond to either a.) the overhyped reporting of coronavirus, or b.) the under-reporting of a virus that preyed upon children in massive numbers. Why wasn't the friggin' whole world shut down for the millions of infections, hundreds of thousands  hospitalized, tens of thousands deaths, and people were dying literally by the 100s daily? Why wasn't it reported in 2009 24/7 with q10 minute updates? Are you going answer or just be coy and insult me?

Perhaps we've learned from previous "outbreaks" that there are measures that can be taken to minimize the spread. More and more people can work from home...let those who can, do it for a bit. Games are enjoyable to watch...missing a part of a season won't kill us. Washing hands is important...reminders to do so are not bad things. I think the world is trying to not repeat how we've responded (or not responded) to these in the past. Maybe?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I take cash app, venmo and paypal...

FKKJGDYJ6CG76ZH.LARGE.thumb.jpg.5ccf6d33ea7f8570c1040a6b8daadd1c.jpg

Only $5

Clean, unused toilet paper packaged in half roll increments for the time being. Get it while I still have it that much in a package. Thinking about rationing it down to 25 squares per package for the same price. I may have to if they close Proctor and Gamble. 

Or you can just go to Wal Mart. They still have stuff to wipe with, you just have to be more creative with your thinking. 

featurewalmart.thumb.jpg.1c86bcfb114743cec779d7e4d4fe932c.jpg

• Haha 1

This is the 81,000 seat Stade de France in....Paris.  Empty for a Champions League game.  As was Valencia, Spain yesterday and Munich will be for Bayern on Saturday.  And others.

I have a close friend who is a chef.  He moved here from Torino in northern Italy many years ago but he still goes back at least once a year to see his mother and sister.  His 90 year old mom is in an assisted living home where, similar to Kirkland, WA, several people have died.  Many more are sick.  As are a number of nurses and doctors who have been treating them.

His mom can no longer have visitors-not even her daughter.  It is tragic but too many are ill.

They have to protect those who are not yet ill.  For my friend’s mom this is horribly lonely-especially at 90 when her family is not allowed to see her.

But she tearfully understands.  As does my friend and his sister.  The rapid multiplication of sickness and death has been nightmarish. There are clusters of the ill in so many towns and cities now.

And the soccer stadiums are empty in Italy, too.

045D8464-02BB-404B-8C64-35530711B713.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Perhaps we've learned from previous "outbreaks" that there are measures that can be taken to minimize the spread. More and more people can work from home...let those who can, do it for a bit. Games are enjoyable to watch...missing a part of a season won't kill us. Washing hands is important...reminders to do so are not bad things. I think the world is trying to not repeat how we've responded (or not responded) to these in the past. Maybe?

I totally agree with this. We hopefully learned from H1N1. It appears Trump certainly did as he shut down travel to and from China essentially immediately much to the chagrin of the media and dems (even some of his own cabinet). Despite others trying to twist what I'm saying, we SHOULD be doing something about this. And we are. This administration is working around the clock as they should be. The problem is the manner in which media is reporting it. It's Armageddon 24/7, telling the public how nothing's being done by this administration, and leaving out essential details that would help calm the situation.  I don't care what anyone says, the reporting is irresponsible, and the measures are over the top (at this point) for the amount of sickness that it's caused. Is this how we're going to act every year now when some new bug comes out? We are setting a new ugly precedence seemingly every day. And not coincidental, the media is always at the heart of it. ….and by this time in 2009 ( a few months into it), there were already over 100,000 US cases with over 1,500 deaths...200 of them kids. Obama waited another 4 months to declare an emergency... not a peep from the media. I hope you're following what I'm saying even if you don't agree with it. 

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I totally agree with this. We hopefully learned from H1N1. It appears Trump certainly did as he shut down travel to and from China essentially immediately much to the chagrin of the media and dems (even some of his own cabinet). Despite others trying to twist what I'm saying, we SHOULD be doing something about this. And we are. This administration is working around the clock as they should be. The problem is the manner in which media is reporting it. It's Armageddon 24/7, telling the public how nothing's being done by this administration, and leaving out essential details that would help calm the situation.  I don't care what anyone says, the reporting is irresponsible, and the measures are over the top (at this point) for the amount of sickness that it's caused. Is this how we're going to act every year now when some new bug comes out? We are setting a new ugly precedence seemingly every day. And not coincidental, the media is always at the heart of it. ….and by this time in 2009 ( a few months into it), there were already over 100,000 US cases with over 1,500 deaths...200 of them kids. Obama waited another 4 months to declare an emergency... not a peep from the media. I hope you're following what I'm saying even if you don't agree with it. 

I follow what you're saying, and you're right...I don't agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/04/mapping-coronavirus-outbreak-infographic/

China remains the country with the most coronavirus cases and related deaths, by a significant margin. However, in recent weeks, China has seen fewer and fewer new cases per day, while the count in places like Italy, Iran, Germany, France and the U.S. have risen.

Seems like the Most High is not pissed with the Big Pork Chop (Africa) straight Chilling while this Virus is acting a Fool around the World 🤣

Africa and South America used to be a combined land Mass.  Check it out you can still slide em together.  Both are just fine comparable to the Rest of the World.  They should immediately shut down their Continents Borders 😎  Along with the Ruskiess.  But with China next Door they can't hold out for long.  Africa least affected land mass 

Image result for coronavirus on a map

africa food funny geography pork chop TLL - 6507514368

• Haha 2