Is Calling COVID-19 The Chinese Virus Racist?

Mjd33

11 hours ago, The Guru said:

Reasonable and responsible human beings will call it what the WHO calls it.

Right-wing loons will make-up names for it to gin up negative sentiment against a people and/or government that they hate.

I don't recall giving the WHO the right to tell me what to call things.

Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

He’s a scary lil girl isn’t he...

Bet he did well handing out water and collecting jock straps...

EF214A57-8D34-4618-AFF6-9811FE31777B.gif

sure Russ...aka Mr. Tough Guy!!....🤡...but it looks like you got me mixed up with your fellow clown...I got 3 varsity letters in H.S and kicked some ass...Ironmam was on cheerleader squad...I believe she also played in the band!...😉

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2020 at 7:17 PM, DBP66 said:

sure Russ...aka Mr. Tough Guy!!....🤡...but it looks like you got me mixed up with your fellow clown...I got 3 varsity letters in H.S and kicked some ass...Ironmam was on cheerleader squad...I believe she also played in the band!...😉

I've met Russ. You'd better pack a lunch girly boy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, The Guru said:

Well, it's not called the Chinese Virus. 

So if you call it that then you have an ulterior motive.

And we all know what those possible motives are.

Fuck me to tears, I agree with Guru. I never call it the Chinese Virus, and don't really think of it that way. I do know it was known to start there but it wasn't intentional. But then again, what do I really know about conspiracies.

It should be called Covid-19, that is the name that isn't finger pointing.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, CODBEARD said:
  • You might have noticed that I never complain about politicians. I leave that to others. And there's no shortage of volunteers; everyone complains about politicians. Everyone says they suck. But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky; they don't pass through a membrane from a separate reality. They come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, and American businesses. And they're elected by American voters. This is what our system produces, folks. This is the best we can do. Let's face it, we have very little to work with. Garbage in, garbage out.
  • So maybe it's not the politicians who suck; maybe it's something else. Like the public. That would be a nice realistic campaign slogan for somebody: "The public sucks. Elect me." Put the blame where it belongs: on the people. Because if everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them? Where are these people hiding? The truth is, we don't have people like that. Everyone's at the mall, scratching his balls and buying sneakers with lights in them. And complaining about the politicians.
  • For myself, I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way. On Election Day, I stay home. Two reasons: first of all, voting is meaningless; this country was bought and paid for a long time ago. That empty shit they shuffle around and repackage every four years doesn't mean a thing. Second, I don't vote, because I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. I know some people like to twist that around and say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain." But where's the logic in that? Think it through: If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and you screw things up, then you're responsible for what they've done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote—who, in fact, did not even leave the house on Election Day—am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created. Which I had nothing to do with. Why can't people see that?

George Carlin

I gain more  and more respect for Carlin everytime you post his insights.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I may have missed that one. The use of the slur got reported so I had to make a decision whether to erase post(s) edit post(s) or do one or the other and lock the thread or just take the thread altogether. 

I knew when I saw this thread pop up that it would not go well. Wasn't surprised when I saw who started it or surprised when I got reports from it. 

Piss and moan if you want. I made a decision that didn't involve warnings or anything along those lines. I'd suggest doing better, but I don't really give a fuck.

Appreciate you letting the children blow their noses all over this board. It actually keeps the board alive... Imagine if we all agreed on the same ole shit.- 🌶️ 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, DBP66 said:

They give varsity letters to the jock strap laundry staff? Good for you ❄

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Fuck me to tears, I agree with Guru. I never call it the Chinese Virus, and don't really think of it that way.

Yeah me to a certain extent, too....🤣

but don't let that fool ya...

You still can't agree with the crap he spews (even on this topic)....

Basically because even when he has a point,

he just sticks himself with it...

giphy.gif

If you know what I mean...😝

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Slotback Right said:

I don't recall giving the WHO the right to tell me what to call things.

Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus, Chinese virus, Wuhan Virus, China Virus,.....

I'm guessing CNN didn't get that memo either...

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

really? So if a white guy calls a brother a N*&&ER he is a racist, but if he calls him a N^&&A he is good?

Context means what is the situation and circumstances surrounding the conversation.  If a white guy is best friends with a group of black guys and grew up around the culture and they greet each other with “my ni&&a”.  In that context he’s probably not racist 

if a white guy sprays graffiti on the black neighbors house “go back to your own hood ni&&a!” He probably is racist 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, Troll said:

Yeah me to a certain extent, too....🤣

but don't let that fool ya...

You still can't agree with the crap he spews (even on this topic)....

Basically because even when he has a point,

he just sticks himself with it...

giphy.gif

If you know what I mean...😝

I know what you mean. I agree with Guru on rare occasions, mostly on the other side of the board.

Just now, Horsefly said:

Context means what is the situation and circumstances surrounding the conversation.  If a white guy is best friends with a group of black guys and grew up around the culture and they greet each other with “my ni&&a”.  In that context he’s probably not racist 

Thanks Webster's, I know what context means. In your scenario what happens to "white guy who grew up with his "N^ggas" when he goes to Oak Cliff say Rudy's chicken. Walks up on some brothers and says to one "what's up my n^$$a"?

Just now, thc6795 said:

Thanks Webster's, I know what context means. In your scenario what happens to "white guy who grew up with his "N^ggas" when he goes to Oak Cliff say Rudy's chicken. Walks up on some brothers and says to one "what's up my n^$$a"?

He’s probably gonna get punched b/c he doesn’t know them.

Even blacks don’t approach others we don’t know with a greeting of “what’s up my ni&&a”. That’s asking to get your ass kicked  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s all in the context of how used that would make it racist. 

And the fact that once it became global, and not just a local issue, it wasn't referred to as the Wuhan virus anymore.

The only people still doing that today are Trump toadies and Trump himself.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Even blacks don’t approach others we don’t know with a greeting of “what’s up my ni&&a”. That’s asking to get your ass kicked  

I'll agree with you here. I hear more stupid ass white guys say n^%%a then I do black guys. Even to each other. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Most educated and common sense people I know dont use that "approach" anyway. Only people I see using it, I would expect to hear use it.

Why do you assume that everyone who isnt from the "hood" will "get your ass kicked"?