Why won't Trump help NY as asked?

noonereal

I imagine most that are blowing this off are younger folks.

That fact that younger folks are at low risk and that most infected show low-to-no symptoms has been widely publicized.

Young people are stupid.

But, of course, like everything real or imagined that is bad in the worlds of many on this site, it's Orange Man Bad's fault.

Folks congregating in Central Park? Trump's fault.  Spring Breakers being stupid?  Trump's fault...

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

Absolutely....as that media has a well earned reputation of invoking skepticism...

Self exasperated for the past couple years.  

We’ve had dozens of ‘end of the world ‘  political scenarios and now you expect the general public to be able to entirely ‘separate ‘ this coverage as being different from all the rest?  You can’t claim it’s being conflated with politics and then blame the audience..🧐..just look at the coverage 👀

The proof in the pudding, is you can’t honestly claim that you don’t believe the media exaggerates or ‘hypes’ most things....

btw I agree with your disappointment as I am disappointed as well....expected sure...but still disappointed ....

Are you sure these were end of the world political scenarios, or are you just sensitive about the guy we have in charge right now? 

I really think it's more the latter, because, I follow the news somewhat, and I don't remember any end of the world political scenarios. 

I think some people are sensitive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Are you sure these were end of the world political scenarios, or are you just sensitive about the guy we have in charge right now? 

I really think it's more the latter, because, I follow the news somewhat, and I don't remember any end of the world political scenarios. 

I think some people are sensitive. 

Perhaps some hyperbole involved there, but if you watched election night 2016 and the following day, the hysterics were there.  After that, it was just OMB 24/7/365.

Of, course, instead of jack-booted thugs predicted for some groups, they got low-unemployment and rising wages. But I'm sure that was just OMB softening them up.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Absolutely....as that media has a well earned reputation of invoking skepticism...

Self exasperated for the past couple years.  

We’ve had dozens of ‘end of the world ‘  political scenarios and now you expect the general public to be able to entirely ‘separate ‘ this coverage as being different from all the rest?  You can’t claim it’s being conflated with politics and then blame the audience..🧐..just look at the coverage 👀

The proof in the pudding, is you can’t honestly claim that you don’t believe the media exaggerates or ‘hypes’ most things....

btw I agree with your disappointment as I am disappointed as well....expected sure...but still disappointed ....

But things are in totality not viewed through a single lens.  The lenses used to heighten awareness and address a perceived threat were: media exposure, declaring a pandemic, shutting down the economy,  declaring a national emergency and implementing aggressive shelter in place and social distancing measures. .  Shutting down the economy is not routine and has not been used to this extent in my lifetime in combatting a crisis

All of these supported the premise of “take the virus seriously” so to single out the media as the culprit and ignore the message behind the other measures is disingenuous

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Perhaps some hyperbole involved there, but if you watched election night 2016 and the following day, the hysterics were there.  After that, it was just OMB 24/7/365.

Of, course, instead of jack-booted thugs predicted for some groups, they got low-unemployment and rising wages. But I'm sure that was just OMB softening them up.

You look to insert his economic stats wherever, regardless of how irrelevant to the topic ... coronavirus 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Perhaps some hyperbole involved there, but if you watched election night 2016 and the following day, the hysterics were there.

When your present day analysis is lacking, you do like to go back in time.

Please say your famous line again for all of us, "and this one time, at band camp,..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

But things are in totality not viewed through a single lens.  The lenses used to heighten awareness and address a perceived threat were: media exposure, declaring a pandemic, shutting down the economy,  declaring a national emergency and implementing aggressive shelter in place and social distancing measures. .  Shutting down the economy is not routine and has not been used to this extent in my lifetime in combatting a crisis

All of these supported the premise of “take the virus seriously” so to single out the media as the culprit and ignore the message behind the other measures is disingenuous

Good...now factor in that the media has NOT given any evidence or ‘reasonable’ explanation as to why this world wide shut down is required...See the previous query that you (and no one here) has answered...

”So what is so different about THIS pandemic than the last half dozen or so “

BTW: disingenuous would be claiming people should have an opinion based on the current ‘shutdown’ standing, entirely discounting the weeks and months of opinion forming....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

When your present day analysis is lacking, you do like to go back in time.

Please say your famous line again for all of us, "and this one time, at band camp,..."

Haven't used that in ages.

It's funny how impactful my contributions here seem to be on you. I'll just count you as a fan.

👍

Just now, Troll said:

Good...now factor in that the media has NOT given any evidence or ‘reasonable’ explanation as to why this world wide shut down is required...See the previous query that you (and no one here) has answered...

”So what is so different about THIS pandemic than the last half dozen or so “

BTW: disingenuous would be claiming people should have an opinion based on the current ‘shutdown’ standing, entirely discounting the weeks and months of opinion forming....

Does the media need to provide an explanation or should the president (government), the one who shut it down? He has the podium every day and is televised ... through the media 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, concha said:

I think what I wrote was perfectly in line with the conversation at hand.

Don't care if it bothers you,

Look, the slate has been pretty much wiped clean. Many that got jobs are now unemployed, wealth accumulated the past 3 years have been wiped out and we can expect unemployment to rise significantly.  What he did in the past is meaningless. 

he’ll have his work cut out for sure in rebuilding, but constantly referring to an old, outdated stat sheet doesn’t fix it

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

”So what is so different about THIS pandemic than the last half dozen or so “...oh nothing...this is just your run of the mill pandemic the "fake news" media help create so Trump would lose the election...this is the 1st pandemic that we know the "deep state" started to influence the election. The death rates?..LOL..just more B.S. from the left!...O.o

Does the media need to provide an explanation or should the president (government), the one who shut it down? He has the podium every day and is televised ... through the media 

Should be gov/potus...but if you said people were more lead by the media, I might agree...

unfortunately,  it seems like the media was driving this story from the beginning, with the government in more of a reaction mode....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Troll said:

Should be gov/potus...but if you said people were more lead by the media, I might agree...

unfortunately,  it seems like the media was driving this story from the beginning, with the government in more of a reaction mode....

That’s not a good look, and it shows. 

• Thanks 1

But what’s the effect, does that invoke confidence and trust that they know what they are doing?   For me the answer is “no” 

Is that opinion formed from following an over hyped press tho.....or a reactionary gov official

....is the next legitimate question 

🤔

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s formed from watching he and his staff brief over a period of time  

Wait a minute...your opinion is formed by....

A) media 

B) gov official

C) TDS

You sure you want to go with C ?

🤣

just joking lol, gotta run, I’ll be back later   

FYI ... I would expect the truth to lay somewhere between the media hype and a political downplay (as usual) ....on that one we could probably agree....

1 hour ago, concha said:

But, of course, like everything real or imagined that is bad in the worlds of many on this site, it's Orange Man Bad's fault.

But claiming that the virus was contained and totally under control is, in fact, his fault.

This is a level of reckless and irresponsible that only someone of Trump's ignorance and incompetence can reach.

You're still here to apologize and carry his water though.

• Like 4