J.T. Daniels Is Transferring From USC

Rufus69

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

What’s the reason? Newman decided a few weeks after fall camp started that he didn’t want to play this year that’s soft as shit 😂 BC of Covid 19? Stop it. 

I mean...many others players have opted out too. From other schools of course.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but Mater Dei is "felt" everywhere lol.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I mean...many others players have opted out too. From other schools of course.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but Mater Dei is "felt" everywhere lol.

Does Jamie Newman walk away from this job if JT isn’t there? No way. What changed for Newman at Georgia besides JT transferring in? Wasn’t the plan all along to play the season for Georgia and get the NFL guys some SEC tape to improve his draft stock? The season is still starting in September so the narrative of him sitting out for the NFL is dumb IMO because he needs it. If he’s worried about corona virus then that’s fine but where was the worry when fall camp started? Or the weeks before that when players reported back to campus. Seems to me like Newman went through the first few weeks of camp and decided to opt out because the job wasn’t his to runaway with. Not saying JT had won the job but it seems very odd to finally get your shot to lead one of the top 5 teams in the country and then give it away 3 weeks after camp starts? 

I will say that this is big blow to Georgia’s QB room and makes things interesting in the SEC. JT & Newman are two different styles. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Does Jamie Newman walk away from this job if JT isn’t there? No way. What changed for Newman at Georgia besides JT transferring in? Wasn’t the plan all along to play the season for Georgia and get the NFL guys some SEC tape to improve his draft stock? The season is still starting in September so the narrative of him sitting out for the NFL is dumb IMO because he needs it. If he’s worried about corona virus then that’s fine but where was the worry when fall camp started? Or the weeks before that when players reported back to campus. Seems to me like Newman went through the first few weeks of camp and decided to opt out because the job wasn’t his to runaway with. Not saying JT had won the job but it seems very odd to finally get your shot to lead one of the top 5 teams in the country and then give it away 3 weeks after camp starts? 

I will say that this is big blow to Georgia’s QB room and makes things interesting in the SEC. JT & Newman are two different styles. 

Nick...I was told this afternoon that JT has already asked for a raise !!!!

I suppose ya gotta do what'cha gotta do....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Too tired to argue. But you're probably right anyways, I was just playing devil's advocate.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don't have direct knowledge, but have heard that D'Wan Mathis could be the guy coming out of fall camp.

Perhaps Newman realized his stock is much higher now than it would be 3rd deep on depth chart.

If Mathis shows he can match Daniels in productivity thru camp, then I'd wager his teammates are going to rather fight alongside him than the Cali boy. 

I believe Daniels is still somewhat limited in practice due to his injury, so that may put him a few steps behind the other QBs.

Also, Justin Fields was in the stands for the UGA scrimmage last week. Do you think he might attempt to transfer back and play for the racists?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I don't have direct knowledge, but have heard that D'Wan Mathis could be the guy coming out of fall camp.

Perhaps Newman realized his stock is much higher now than it would be 3rd deep on depth chart.

If Mathis shows he can match Daniels in productivity thru camp, then I'd wager his teammates are going to rather fight alongside him than the Cali boy. 

I believe Daniels is still somewhat limited in practice due to his injury, so that may put him a few steps behind the other QBs.

Isn't Beck a good fit for Kirby offense? I'm surprised he isn't being considered

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Isn't Beck a good fit for Kirby offense? I'm surprised he isn't being considered

I think he may be too far behind the curve at this point. I don't recall him doing any work with the first team offense during camp.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Beck transfer to UF at seasons end assuming Vandagriff honors his commitment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think he may be too far behind the curve at this point. I don't recall him doing any work with the first team offense during camp.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Beck transfer to UF at seasons end assuming Vandagriff honors his commitment.

Beck is a good fit...but I suspect you're pretty close to being right.  Whether it's to UF or somewhere else.  I also think Beck transfers.

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Beck is a good fit...but I suspect you're pretty close to being right.  Whether it's to UF or somewhere else.  I also think Beck transfers.

Rufus>>

With them granting an extra year of eligibility due to the virus, he can afford to transfer and sit out making it an easier decision to make.

I say UF because it would be close to home, but I'd imagine he will go to wherever he has the best chance to start.

16 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kirby likes his white Pro style QBs....... 🎣 

58 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Carson Beck is a heck of a freshman QB coming in from Jacksonville Mandarin. Not sure JT will have the starting roll wrapped up, but he might. Beck is 6'4, 230 with a cannon.

I've said it all along.  Beck is a good fit.  I'd like to see him get a legitimate shot...but as one of my Packer amigos commented....he may transfer out.  I think it would be a loss for Georgia if he did.

Rufus>>

17 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Also, Justin Fields was in the stands for the UGA scrimmage last week. Do you think he might attempt to transfer back and play for the racists?

He was back in town visiting his sister. He decided to stop by the scrimmage. I hardly think that qualifies as interest in returning to UGA.

Nice word choice at the end.