J.T. Daniels Is Transferring From USC

Rufus69

21 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I don't have direct knowledge, but have heard that D'Wan Mathis could be the guy coming out of fall camp.

Perhaps Newman realized his stock is much higher now than it would be 3rd deep on depth chart.

If Mathis shows he can match Daniels in productivity thru camp, then I'd wager his teammates are going to rather fight alongside him than the Cali boy. 

I believe Daniels is still somewhat limited in practice due to his injury, so that may put him a few steps behind the other QBs.

Also, Justin Fields was in the stands for the UGA scrimmage last week. Do you think he might attempt to transfer back and play for the racists?

Who ever you heard it from is mos def not in the know:  Y'all don't get just how talented he is and how lethal he will be with a good O-line 

image.png.54d58e1e6d99c6446f7b76483285b90c.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Who ever you heard it from is mos def not in the know:  Y'all don't get just how talented he is and how lethal he will be with a good O-line 

I said by the end of camp, and also did not say it was anything definitive. The competition battle is much closer than you think. That depth chart means very little at this point. The starter will not be known until week 1.

JT Daniels has not participated in a contact drill since the Fresno State game, which is concerning just weeks out from the first game. I will be pulling for the best man to play regardless of who that may be, and with the both of them and the rest of the team a healthy and fruitful season!

I'll forgive you. We know you have a boner for everything CA.

• Haha 1

Daniel-San is light years better than noonan. Why kirby thought he was all that is odd. Monken went and got a QB and now georgia is somebody to worry about if Daniel-San is healthy.

With noonan it was gonna be another underachieving, excuse filled year. With a healthy Daniel-San they have a chance.

Just gotta keep kirby far, far away from anything on offense. 

On 9/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, Eddyr2 said:

his mobility his Jr year is what took MD from being a good team in 16 to being the GOAT in 17...

the 2017 MD team, was guaranteed for success right from the start, because, i believe they returned their entire Offense from the previous season, i think it was said, they returned 10 out of 11 starters from the 2016 team.

On 9/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

the 2017 MD team, was guaranteed for success right from the start, because, i believe they returned their entire Offense from the previous season, i think it was said, they returned 10 out of 11 starters from the 2016 team.

It was 9 but point taken.

JT’s legs were the difference maker for them vs Bosco that year...it forced Bosco to play more zone and JT pick them apart in the SS finals

7 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

It was 9 but point taken.

JT’s legs were the difference maker for them vs Bosco that year...it forced Bosco to play more zone and JT pick them apart in the SS finals

Speaking of JT, read somewhere he had a really good scrimmage showing last weekend. 

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep...from what I was told by a semi-unreliable source...that's where the dart landed.  Keep in mind...this is Kirby and you just don't know exactly how the wind is blowing each day.  With Stetson still nursing his shoulder...and D'wan still nursing his confidence...it came down to Carson and JT.  And like I said...the dart came closest to JT.  There's a LOT of Dawg fans interested in this game.   My brother even said he thought JT could part the Red Sea.  I told him...I was kinda hoping he could bring the Red Sea back together...(Smile).

Gonna be interesting.  Here's hoping JT has a fantastic game.  I think we're gonna need somebody.....for the Belk Bowl.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I don’t believe he was physically cleared to play or else he probably would have been.

He was technically cleared to play, but I have a feeling they did not want to rush it and jeopardize reinjuring the knee which would be a big blow next year. I believe he probably wasn't quite up to game speed and execution as well due to the extended time he spent injured. It was most likely a combination of both.

Kirby was going to ride Bennett as long as he could. The Alabama loss could be overlooked assuming be bounced back and played well in the remaining games. However, three consecutive subpar performances, and an apparent injury closed the door on Bennett's season.

If Mathis was ready, which he obviously is not, he would be the #1. That lasted about 3 possessions in game 1.

From the beginning of the season, even before Newman opted out, it was clear the coaching staff planned to use this season as an acclimation period for JT to heal, learn the playbook, and work on his mechanics. He came in to be the QB in 2021 and possibly 2022.

Again, this is my take from the outside looking in.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, AztecPadre said:

Completely stunned they didn't try and get him in this year.   They all claimed they disliked his USC tape, but USC had issues on the Oline back then didn't they?   UGA guys saying he was worse at throwing the deep ball than Bennett and Mathis lol.   Made no sense to me, even if he was a tad overrated in HS, he still was hitting kids in stride all night long.  

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I don’t believe he was physically cleared to play or else he probably would have been.

I have also heard this, which makes 10x more sense.   I mean even if he wasn't good,  how are you ever going to get another QB transfer if you show that you won't even give your guy a shot?   Just no way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Completely stunned they didn't try and get him in this year.   They all claimed they disliked his USC tape, but USC had issues on the Oline back then didn't they?   UGA guys saying he was worse at throwing the deep ball than Bennett and Mathis lol.   Made no sense to me, even if he was a tad overrated in HS, he still was hitting kids in stride all night long.  

Mos def!