J.T. Daniels Is Transferring From USC

Rufus69

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i wonder if he will be a Heisman contender, just bringing it up because, i wonder which MD QB has a better chance of becoming the school's 3rd Heisman winning alumni, JT Daniels or Bryce Young.

Good chance, they come in 1st and 2nd 2 years in a row

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Great news for the puppies! noonan isn’t anywhere near the QB those mouth breathers think he is and Daniels can actually play.

Sincerely hope noonan gets the nod. Chuckle they think he could carry JeauxJeaux’s ball bag. He isn’t good. 

I agree. Idk why Jamie is getting so much hype. He throws a nice deep ball, but that is it. He struggles with nearly every other pass on the field, yet went from a nobody to Heisman candidate just because he switched jerseys. 

JT Daniels has more potential, but was terrible with his decision making during his first season. With his injury, and lack of practice this off season, I have to question how much he has been able to improve in that area. He was consistently inconsistent with his mechanics, also. I can definitely see him struggling to make the switch to the SEC, where he will face stronger DLs and better talent overall than what he is used to out West.

I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple QBs for UGA this year, especially early in the season. With so many question marks for the offense, I just can't imagine them improving much from last season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I agree. Idk why Jamie is getting so much hype. He throws a nice deep ball, but that is it. He struggles with nearly every other pass on the field, yet went from a nobody to Heisman candidate just because he switched jerseys. 

JT Daniels has more potential, but was terrible with his decision making during his first season. With his injury, and lack of practice this off season, I have to question how much he has been able to improve in that area. He was consistently inconsistent with his mechanics, also. I can definitely see him struggling to make the switch to the SEC, where he will face stronger DLs and better talent overall than what he is used to out West.

I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple QBs for UGA this year, especially early in the season. With so many question marks for the offense, I just can't imagine them improving much from last season.

I think you’ll improve, as last year was an absolute shitshow with that much talent on offense. You lost two stud OTs and a great RB, but you’ll plug the next 5*s in and keep moving. The biggest question will be kirby. Will he get the hell outta the way or keep his finger in the Offensive pie? That last question will tell the tale. 

I’ll say this.......iff’n he has another two loss season, folks are gonna really start questioning him and his ability to coach. 

Edit: we agreed on multiple QBs. If the noonan kid were that good he’d have went to the draft. 

I pray we get to find out, as I think LSU will surprise a few people. 

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

57 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I think you’ll improve, as last year was an absolute shitshow with that much talent on offense. You lost two stud OTs and a great RB, but you’ll plug the next 5*s in and keep moving. The biggest question will be kirby. Will he get the hell outta the way or keep his finger in the Offensive pie? That last question will tell the tale. 

I’ll say this.......iff’n he has another two loss season, folks are gonna really start questioning him and his ability to coach. 

Edit: we agreed on multiple QBs. If the noonan kid were that good he’d have went to the draft. 

I pray we get to find out, as I think LSU will surprise a few people. 

Well, Kirbs can't be that stupid to continue the shitshow known as Ga Football... I look for the improvement to happen and convince you two otherwise... new OC or is it PC, not sure but no matter, the offensive line has gotta come together and protect whoever's back there and Kirbs gotta be ruthless with his decision and the players have to up their game to get the nod.

bgw

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Thank you Mr. Nick for delivering on that, I knew the MD connections would come through, we  gotta get our offense unhooked from the "unproductive" wagon and get it going because the Evil Empire has BY, so we know what's what.

bgw

That transfer waiver stood no chance of being denied, you know how we do it over here 😉 I expect huge things to come from this move. Once JT feels comfortable in the system Monken will have a lot of fun calling plays. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That transfer waiver stood no chance of being denied, you know how we do it over here 😉 I expect huge things to come from this move. Once JT feels comfortable in the system Monken will have a lot of fun calling plays. 

I'm hopeful for that very thing, Fromm didn't have a chance in that system last season... quite a bit of obtuse play calling that wasn't tailored to the players.

Kirby seemed to have a hand in that, but that's pure conjecture on my part. I guess you argue that Kirby was responsible but ....

bgw

• Thanks 1

it will be interesting to see JT Daniels and Bryce Young compete against each other at the college level. Even though i already made my comparison of Jake Browning and JT Daniels, that has been discussed already, i wonder who is the better of these 2 elite HS QB's of the past couple of years, JT Daniels or Tate Martell, is that a better comparison?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Should JT Daniels, Bryce Young, be listed in the discussion among the best QB to ever come out of California, based on HS stats, accomplishments? who is often considered to be the best QB to ever come out of California?

It depends what the criteria for ‘best’ are. If you are only talking about performance in High School then yes they are absolutely in the discussion based on their individual stats and team accomplishments. If you are purely looking at stats, Jake Browning put up video game numbers at Folsom.

There are other QBs who were not as highly regarded in high school but are clearly considered the best QBs to come out of Cali. Some guy named Tom Brady comes to mind. John Elway wasn’t too bad either.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 2:18 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm hopeful for that very thing, Fromm didn't have a chance in that system last season... quite a bit of obtuse play calling that wasn't tailored to the players.

Kirby seemed to have a hand in that, but that's pure conjecture on my part. I guess you argue that Kirby was responsible but ....

bgw

Not to mention a depleted WR Corp. That and a very immature freshman

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

It depends what the criteria for ‘best’ are. If you are only talking about performance in High School then yes they are absolutely in the discussion based on their individual stats and team accomplishments. If you are purely looking at stats, Jake Browning put up video game numbers at Folsom.

There are other QBs who were not as highly regarded in high school but are clearly considered the best QBs to come out of Cali. Some guy named Tom Brady comes to mind. John Elway wasn’t too bad either.

Yes a criteria needs to be defined. Is it HS numbers period? Competition based? College included? NFL career etc. 

Shit guys like Perry Klein. Aaron Garcia and Todd Marinovich were much more celebrated as high school QB’s than Tom Brady was. Numbers wise they were much better HS QB’s than Brady. But taking overall I’d take his whole football body of work over those three combined even though coming out of HS they were considered better QB’s.

17 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

should DJ Uiagalelei be in that discussion as well, on best HS QB's to ever come out of California? can't believe i forgot to include him, i know that most sources label Bryce Young as being better than DJ, but him and Bryce Young were the Co-National players of the year by Maxpreps.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...