George Floyd’s Death and Protests

Remember back when Kap was simply silently kneeling to protest this type of stuff? 

Remember how people, even the president went after his peaceful protest and ignored the real problem? Remember that shit? I damned sure do. Looks like peaceful didn't work. It got Kap's mom called a bitch by the president. Guess what... peaceful got gone. 

Nobody to blame but ourselves for being complacent and and ignoring the problems.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Just came out that the officer and Floyd used to work together as security at a restaurant in town

Woah there nelly....

THAT'S NOT REALLY GONNA HELP everyone thinking this is some 'racist thingy'....

Then you won't be able to marry it to Kap's black fist 🤷‍♂️

Just plain old abuse of police power and killing someone they know (as in not actually due to their 'color') .....doesn't have the same impact !!!

Not saying that's the case..... cause the only thing I heard about this, was on this thread........

But some people might want to actually figure that kind of stuff out first....you know....

before torching their own neighborhoods .....🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Remember back when Kap was simply silently kneeling to protest this type of stuff? 

Remember how people, even the president went after his peaceful protest and ignored the real problem? Remember that shit? I damned sure do. Looks like peaceful didn't work. It got Kap's mom called a bitch by the president. Guess what... peaceful got gone. 

Nobody to blame but ourselves for being complacent and and ignoring the problems.

We live in a calculus world when simple addition and subtraction would work just fine most of the time. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

Woah there nelly....

THAT'S NOT REALLY GONNA HELP everyone thinking this is some 'racist thingy'....

Then you won't be able to marry it to Kap's black fist 🤷‍♂️

Just plain old abuse of police power and killing someone they know (as in not actually due to their 'color') .....doesn't have the same impact !!!

Not saying that's the case..... cause the only thing I heard about this, was on this thread........

But some people might want to actually figure that kind of stuff out first....you know....

before torching their own neighborhoods .....🤷‍♂️

I don't think it matters a whole hill of beans if cops are going to be able to kill us indiscriminately while being given administrative leave or just fired. In the face of witnesses and video you know. 

Changes in the way these situations are handled absolutely have to happen or these issues are going to grow and grow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think it matters a whole hill of beans if cops are going to be able to kill us indiscriminately while being given administrative leave or just fired. In the face of witnesses and video you know. 

Changes in the way these situations are handled absolutely have to happen or these issues are going to grow and grow.

Didn't see the video, and when I heard of it, I didn't want to see it....

Is it some problem that I can feel the same pain and NOT be black???

or would my reasons for anger be any LESS meaningful here ?

🤔

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

We live in a calculus world when simple addition and subtraction would work just fine most of the time. 

This is a thing that isn't really rocket science. I know people in general get stuck on stupid about race, right wing, left wing and etc. Interject politics into every thing and whatever. 

This is simple stuff though. I said in the last post "it cops are going to be allowed to kill US indiscriminitely with the repercussion being administrative leave or firing while a mother is burying her child, especially in the face of witnesses and video that make the situation pretty obvious. There has to be some changes in how this stuff is handled. 

I know there are situations where things are questionable, and perhaps the police deserve a benefit of a doubt without arrest and bond etc., but sometimes common sense has to rule and actual swift justice has to be served as if they were ordinary citizens. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

Didn't see the video, and when I heard of it, I didn't want to see it....

Is it some problem that I can feel the same pain and NOT be black???

or would my reasons for anger be any LESS meaningful here ?

🤔

Idk, I'm viewing from a gray viewpoint. I know all the posts on Facebook and everywhere get everyone all twisted up, but the true problem underlying it all is not so complicated really. It simply goes to how we are policed vs. how the police are policed in similar situations imo. 

If there isn't a feeling of swift justice, or at least equal treatment, no matter the colors of the people involved, all of the racial, anti-cop and whatever other feeling are allowed to fester. 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk, I'm viewing from a gray viewpoint. I know all the posts on Facebook and everywhere get everyone all twisted up, but the true problem underlying it all is not so complicated really. It simply goes to how we are policed vs. how the police are policed in similar situations imo. 

If there isn't a feeling of swift justice, or at least equal treatment, no matter the colors of the people involved, all of the racial, anti-cop and whatever other feeling are allowed to fester. 

Hell I don't know either...A man is dead....I just see him as a man first, as more important than color 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Hell I don't know either...A man is dead....I just see him as a man first, as more important than color 🤷‍♂️

It hurts all cops when something like this happens. Everything gets elevated for everyone really. The cops aren't just killing black people. 

In this situation, the city saw fit to quickly fire the cops. Apparently they did something wrong to get fired. A man dies but they only got fired. Still free. This is why there is an uproar. 

The man's life was worth firing cops over, but not arresting them? So his life was apparently valued that much less than if it had been someone without a badge killing him. 

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It hurts all cops when something like this happens. Everything gets elevated for everyone really. The cops aren't just killing black people. 

In this situation, the city saw fit to quickly fire the cops. Apparently they did something wrong to get fired. A man dies but they only got fired. Still free. This is why there is an uproar. 

The man's life was worth firing cops over, but not arresting them? So his life was apparently valued that much less than if it had been someone without a badge killing him. 

Don't know about this case...

but see that as way more on target ...

people have a right to be angry, especially when it's on display in their face,

just think anger not focused on the right target,  can do more harm for any cause than good...

just sayin' 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I don't agree with the looting and rioting because these are places you're gonna wake up need the next day... 

But the anger is well warranted... Tell me how this officer has had 18 previous complaints but he's still apart of the force?  No reprimands or anything?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html

That’s a question for the soon to be democrat VP candidate. 😉

16 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

That’s a question for the soon to be democrat VP candidate. 😉

Democrat, Republican I don't give a fuck somebody tell me why this happened... 

Why did the Ahmad Arbery killing happen? 

And that one took place in a city down the road from where I live?! Where are the answers? If the Republicans got it then tell me if the Democrats got it then tell me?! I don't need some political finger pointing y'all do enough of that shit without bringing this type of stuff into play... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to believe the arrests will come and charges of manslaughter apply.  This kind of law enforcement needs to stop. He was handcuffed and on the ground for christ sake.

Live or die the bogus 20 should never have warrented this kind of treatment. My son had a 100 dollar bill given to him from the bank. In the end the bank took it back after some issues. Glad he wasn't confronted by these cops.

IMO, Rioting was the only way this kind excessive force will get the attention it needed.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Keep your racist bitch ass out of this thread you fucking mark.

35 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Shut your fucking mouth bitch. he is just another ni^^er to you.

You poor uneducated pervert from euless, tx. 

Someone feels sorry for you. Find that someone quickly. 

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Democrat, Republican I don't give a fuck somebody tell me why this happened... 

Why did the Ahmad Arbery killing happen? 

And that one took place in a city down the road from where I live?! Where are the answers? If the Republicans got it then tell me if the Democrats got it then tell me?! I don't need some political finger pointing y'all do enough of that shit without bringing this type of stuff into play... 

Well, Amy Klobuchar was the prosecutor for Minneapolis during the officer's run of previous excessive force complaints, and declined to prosecute him on any of them. She also declined to prosecute 24 other instances of excessive force by other police officers. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1