Sweden or Iceland?

ChimpGrip

14 hours ago, The Guru said:

The latest data I could find.

The murder rate in Cincinnati is 18.9 per 100,000.

The murder rate in Malmo, the most dangerous city in Sweden, is 3.4 per 100,000.

😄

There's always that one guy in every thread and crying concha seems to be that guy a lot. 

I expected to see lots of pictures of Iceland and Sweden as they are both beautiful places.

This thread disappoints....or maybe just crying concha does.

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

There's always that one guy in every thread and crying concha seems to be that guy a lot. 

I expected to see lots of pictures of Iceland and Sweden as they are both beautiful places.

A guy from Cincinnati talking shit about one of the safest countries on Earth.

There's no truth that concha won't attempt to take a sledgehammer to with his lies.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:45 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Where would you go for a trip first? 

Both are scenic and have fascinating languages

Neither all though I’ve been to Liseberg and Stockholm.  I would go to Stavanger, Norway and plan a side trip north to the fjords.  Norway is expensive but extraordinarily beautiful.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, DarterBlue said:

They are currently both better places than here. If you are young, I would suggest immigrating to one or the other. Far more stable societies with much better social contracts!

Add Norway to them.  Absolutely loved Stavanger-stayed at the Radisson and paid the equivalent of US $20 for a cheap glass of Chilean red.  Room was about $350.  This was in 2000 or 2001!

But, again, loved the country and the people.  With a rental car I took an extra day (this was business) and just got lost driving north from the city.  

FWIW in 35 years of heavy travel I have been in most every country in Europe driving all over most of them.

Norway was one of my favorites.  Have not been to Iceland.  Worked for a Swiss company outside of Montreaux in the ‘80’s.  Swiss franc was 2.80 to 1.  Today about 1 to 1.  I would readily move to Montreaux (or Vancouver or Munich).  

DarterBlue, futures for tomorrow are down 500 or so.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:48 AM, RedZone said:

Here you can stand with one foot in North America and one foot in Europe.  It where the continental divide (North American plate meets European plate) hits the surface

iceland3.jpg

• Like 1