I'm just the messenger

FootballGuy

11 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Bergen Catholic was certainly Jersey’s best team that year, no one disputes that. Grayson on the other hand actually lost to two Georgia teams from the same region that season. So Jersey’s best team actually beat what would’ve been at best the third best Region 1-7A team, cool  

That's definitely something to celebrate!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

PS I was at the game, BC didn’t put their backups in despite GSB still trying to spin that narrative. They were the better team that Friday, scoring multiple times on 4th down and playing with more intensity early on. Grayson fumbled inside BC’s two yard line (Pappoe) and had a punt blocked recovered for a touchdown. That was the difference in the game. Won’t take away the 4th and long’s BC converted for touchdowns though improbable if played over, but if you just remove the two standout boneheaded Grayson mistakes, as bad as they played, still would have won the game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Grayson vs BC

First Downs: Grayson led 15-8

Total Yards: Grayson led 336-248

Turnovers: Grayson 3, BC 1 

Penalties: Grayson 13, BC 7 (75 yard differential)

Grayson was led by an awful head coach that literally was let go after that season. They were outcoached and outplayed, but to act like BC dominated that game is silly. Grayson’s Owen Pappoe (a linebacker) fumbled running at the two yard line of BC and then shorty after Grayson had a punt blocked for a touchdown. That was your ”separation”  

D5444FAF-D367-45A6-90E8-F0995D1E6399.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

24 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Bergen Catholic was certainly Jersey’s best team that year, no one disputes that. Grayson on the other hand actually lost to two Georgia teams from the same region that season. So Jersey’s best team actually beat what would’ve been at best the third best Region 1-7A team, cool  

@ATLien12x what did I tell you about smoking Regs.   BC was no where near the. Best in Jersey, St Peters blew them out by 30 and SJR shut them out in States

how u coming 

A6787767-173B-4DC4-BFC2-2203F8154D8B.gif

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@ATLien12x  BC was no where near the. Best in Jersey,

Nowhere near?!? They won 10 games. Bergen Catholic defeated Don Bosco, St Joseph Regional, Paramus Catholic, and DePaul Catholic that year. They beat the best Jersey had to offer including your state champion. Don’t act as if we didn’t all see the same games. BC got shutout in the rematch because of the awful weather (heavy rain) that night, we all know they were the best team. Hell they beat SJR on the road in neutral weather earlier that season to prove it :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

sounds like a kiss ass response to me

It's always the case with comments like this.

Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson all had to make similar comments to placate low self-esteem losers in Texas.

Everybody knows that Georgia pays their coaches more.

But they're little brother and likely always will be.

23 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Nowhere near?!? They won 10 games. Bergen Catholic defeated Don Bosco, St Joseph Regional, Paramus Catholic, and DePaul Catholic that year. They beat the best Jersey had to offer including your state champion. Don’t act as if we didn’t all see the same games. BC got shutout in the rematch because of the awful weather (heavy rain) that night, we all know they were the best team. Hell they beat SJR on the road in neutral weather earlier that season to prove it :) 

This takes me all the way back to 2016. Grayson won the chip, but considering how that game went against Roswell, do you feel like the better team won that night? 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's always the case with comments like this.

Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson all had to make similar comments to placate low self-esteem losers in Texas.

Everybody knows that Georgia pays their coaches more.

But they're little brother and likely always will be.

This man has experienced hsfb in both states, so i'm pretty sure he isn't just talkin out of his ass when it comes to which state is better OVERALL. Y'all only wanna focus on talent, but the complete high school football experience? Come on now.... 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

This takes me all the way back to 2016. Grayson won the chip, but considering how that game went against Roswell, do you feel like the better team won that night? 

Well, prior to the game, USA Today had Roswell as 8th in the nation and Grayson as 10th. But if not for that last-play TD by Roswell, Grayson wouldn't have needed a missed field goal to win. I feel like Grayson was the better team throughout the year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In the modern era of hsfb GA has ONE solid OOS (non-bordering state) win EVER. That was Marietta last season over SJP. #lagging

Grayson defeated Miami Central 35-3, holding them to 23 total yards of offense. Same kids from Miami Central went up to Jersey and dropped 50 points and 500 yards on Don Bosco 

Your bordering states suck. Georgia’s doesn’t. Y’all have to leave. Georgia doesn’t

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson defeated Miami Central 35-3. Same kids from Miami Central went up to Jersey and dropped 50+ on Don Bosco 

Your bordering states suck. Georgia’s don’t. Y’all have to leave. Georgia doesn’t

New Jersey border states: New York, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. From the preseason top 100 before COVID, only 2 of the 100 teams were from a bordering state.

Georgia bordering states: Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina. From the preseason top 100 before COVID, 21 of the 100 teams were from a bordering state.

"YoUr BoRdErInG sTaTeS sUcK"!

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

This man has experienced hsfb in both states, so i'm pretty sure he isn't just talkin out of his ass when it comes to which state is better OVERALL.

Who gives a shit?

I don't even know who this guy is.

And, again, nobody is disputing his underlying claim: Georgia spends more money on high school football.

So if that's the case then why does Florida have way more college players, way more professional players and way more highly ranked high school teams?

His claim of Georgia being better top-to-bottom is just factually silly.

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Folsom would Bend North Gwinnett over 

By rankings from last year, Folsom wasn't even the best team in the Sacramento area. And there's only 5 teams. They did play a good game against De La Salle, but I don't know if they'd beat 2019 North Gwinnett. That team may have been better than the 2017 team that won state. Just Lowndes was in our way...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Ha 

sounds like a kiss ass response to me

To be fair... this has been said for awhile now though.... 

coaches from Florida that came to Georgia have said this... he's not the only one...  In terms of Money Georgia spends more and does have better facilities overall... 

Talent wise Florida has more for sure but coaching... Georgia has the edge.  

Nolebull has said this as well...(Whatever you want to credit that for)

Outside of the big private schools like STA.