Georgia High School Football playoffs Round 2

TheMaximumHornetSting

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

One thing  I'll give the CIF @Sammyswordsman @AztecPadre 

I like the neutral site idea for some of the playoffs... 

because  Atlanta  to Brunswick  on a Friday Afternoon  or night... The hell.... 

Valdosta to Augusta... 

Brunswick to Leesburg 

I kinda like home field advantage though. Makes for amazing environments instead of a how many people will travel competition. 

53 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If I had my way Brunswick and Lee County would be played at Georgia Southern so would Valdosta and Evans (or SSU) 

Richmond Hills and Westlake would be at Mercer... 

Langston  Hughes and Glynn Academy  would also be at Mercer

You keep throwing out 5 Star Stadium as if I were gonna let you use it.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Yard Dart anything down south worth watching?  @Omaha Vol

The 4A and lower classifications are in their 4th week of the playoffs, but I doubt there's any interest in those games on this forum.

This is the final week of the regular season for 5A and 6A schools.  The only game of interest is between Katy Seven Lakes and Katy Cinco Ranch.  If Seven Lakes wins, Katy goes the D2 route in the playoffs.  If they lose, and Katy goes D1, 8 of the Top 10 teams will be in the D1 bracket.

There are a couple of good matchups in next week's 1st round playoff games, but for the most part, it will be another few weeks before the better teams start facing each other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yard Dart said:

The 4A and lower classifications are in their 4th week of the playoffs, but I doubt there's any interest in those games on this forum.

This is the final week of the regular season for 5A and 6A schools.  The only game of interest is between Katy Seven Lakes and Katy Cinco Ranch.  If Seven Lakes wins, Katy goes the D2 route in the playoffs.  If they lose, and Katy goes D1, 8 of the Top 10 teams will be in the D1 bracket.

There are a couple of good matchups in next week's 1st round playoff games, but for the most part, it will be another few weeks before the better teams start facing each other.

Will we ever see Katy vs Allen or Denton Guyer/Ryan

49 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Will we ever see Katy vs Allen or Denton Guyer/Ryan

Katy vs Allen is always a possibility when Katy plays in the D1 bracket, but because of how the brackets are set up, they could only meet in the Championship game.  Each would have to win 5 playoff games to get to that game, too.  The best chance to see them play each other would be in a non-District game at the beginning of the season.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen, though.  I don't know that either HC has ever pursued that option.

Guyer and Ryan will never play each other in anything other than a non-District game.  Guyer is 6A, and Ryan is 5A.  They played a non-District game this year, with Ryan winning 23-20.

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

One thing  I'll give the CIF @Sammyswordsman @AztecPadre 

I like the neutral site idea for some of the playoffs... 

because  Atlanta  to Brunswick  on a Friday Afternoon  or night... The hell.... 

Valdosta to Augusta... 

Brunswick to Leesburg 

In the CIF Big Schools Division (Tier 1) the Semi's and Finals and sometimes quarterfinals (If a large crowd size) are played at Neutral sites.  Most first and second round games are played at the Home team school assuming they have enough seating.

D-2 through D-10 games are 95% payed at home teams field.

• Thanks 1