PAC-5 Semi-Finals

BobbySanchez

The cream rose to the top for the semifinals since RC beat Mission Viejo. An absolutely loaded semifinal. 

MD over RC. MD wins comfortably by 3 TDs which is actually a close game for them. RC is a very good team but MD is just too deep.

Cen10/Bosco is probably a 'pick em' but I will go with Cen10 in a shoot out. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game.

oh and by the way...... It is no longer called the Pac5. This is now called Division 1. 

Edited by Bodysurf

RC has some serious skill guys. Problem with them is that their depth and injuries will lag them. Also, Mission actually ran the ball quite well down their throats due to their size not being the biggest. RC will be competitive with MD, but then will just gass out.

SJB matches up horribly with Centennial. Their strength this season has been pounding the rock and wearing you down with that 6'4 300+ average O-line and good defense, but Centennial will neutralize both of those completely. Not to mention SJB's QB is their biggest weaknesses, score for score they will not be able to keep with Centennial.

Mater Dei vs. Centennial in the Championship with Mater Dei taking it all.

I read somewhere that SJB went through 10+ different O-lineman rotation due to injuries and their front 7 is a bit crippled. Centennial is at 100%. 

Fun fact, a lot of Bosco coaches/players think playing in Angel Stadium with that slippery glass was a factor in their two losses to them. Wouldn't disagree, they were slipping and falling everywhere. I don't care who you are, playing in slippery wet glass against Centennial's no huddle offense is going to make your life suck. This time they will play in turf.

Edited by BobbySanchez

If SJB is not 100% I have to go with CC.  Especially since CC had IMG beat only to cough it up at the end of the game on a bad coaches decision.  I could see CC even with the one loss deserving the MNC.  If they win out against SJB and then MD and being that their one loss was by the slimmest of margins to a junior college.  Gorman does not have a series of games that would out do SJB, MD, Open Championship.  They did not play someone as good as IMG even though from what IMG is saying Gorman had the chance to play IMG but refused to pick up the phone.  Was Consuela working PT for the Bishop too? LOL.

SJB is not 100% on the lines. However they have a lot of depth.

I agree that Mitchell has looked shaky at times this year, but for those of you who don't think SJB will be able to go score for score with CC, go watch the last 3 quarters of the game from last year where Mitchel did exactly that after no real meaningful snaps all year. CC's defense has always been their weakness. There's no doubt that CC will put up points (last three games against SJB they've scored 62, 48 and 49), but I can see SJB trying to play ball control (like in the MD game) to limit CC's possessions and matching them score for score. The three keys to the game will be:

1. Have Negro and his staff learned anything from playing CC for the last 3 years and do they have any adjustments up their sleeves? I hope they remember Logan's willingness to go for it on 4th down even deep inside their own territory. If you know that there is basically a 0% chance of a punt, you'll have to adjust your defensive schemes accordingly.

2. Turnovers

3. Special teams (this is honestly one of SJB's weakest areas this season)

Edited by Dntn31

RC vs MD This game I think will be closer then most people think. RC has the DBs to matchup with MD WR. But the real question is can RC score. The rb for RC Redd played really well vs MV he will have to have a better game to be close to MD. The pick MD

CC vs SJB This is definitely a rivalry. IMO the big question is can CC slow down CC potent offense. I think CC offense is better this year then last. What scheme does Bosco have that different then the past because they have never really slowed CC down. Everybody is gonna talk about CC defense but you gotta remember if they get 2-3 a game they'll put alot of pressure on Bosco offense. The key will be the turnover battle. i believe the last two years CC has a +7 turnover advantage. The pick CC 

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You serious about making the trip down Friday night?

I honestly won't know until after thanksgiving. I have the day off, but if I'm forced to do a ton of running around on Thursday after a birthday night out Wednesday, it may spell disaster for the turnaround trip home. (Not getting a room down there , it would have to be there and back. Weather and fatigue will be the kicker, I'll let you know by late Thursday night) 

19 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I honestly won't know until after thanksgiving. I have the day off, but if I'm forced to do a ton of running around on Thursday after a birthday night out Wednesday, it may spell disaster for the turnaround trip home. (Not getting a room down there , it would have to be there and back. Weather and fatigue will be the kicker, I'll let you know by late Thursday night) 

Fatigue?  At your age?  Child please.  Back when I was your age me and my "crew" use to drive to Vegas on a whim and depending on how we did gambling the first night would dictate if we got a room and stayed or turned around and drove back.  8 hours one way playa. 

• Like 2