De La Salle is a machine

BobbySanchez

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Bells entire post-season focus was beating Folsom who hadn't lost to anyone besides DLS in 4 years

Their celebration extended thru the D1-AA game unfortunately, while MV was on a state title or bust mission after dropping out of Pac5 to give themselves a path

btw, '14 Folsom is their stud team not '15

I didn't say 15' was their stud team.  In fact I know this.  I was pointing out that the Bells didn't destroy the Devil because it was a close game. 

On 12/3/2016 at 2:17 PM, DogPile said:

Can't imagine that NorCal is going to make any noise this year in the California SBG.  Going to see Folsom/St. Mary's tonight.  St. Mary's got crushed by So Cal, and Folsom has a gritty group, but not a powerhouse by any means.  I'd be very surprised to see them win tonight.  Before getting too caught up in the improvement of DLS, I think that Freedom probably wouldn't have made the San Joaquin finals this year.  They remind me of Folsom's 2013 squad, Browning's sophomore year.  Tough bunch, but coming into DLS with 4 starters missing or playing lame, they got hammered.  BTW, the 2015 Devil will feature two starters in the FCS semifinal:  Jake Browning and Jonah Williams.  Think of the odds of two teamates playing against each other in a game of that magnitude two years after graduating high school.

I'm not expecting much from NorCal either, but in all honesty, the other games outside of the open will be against SoCal teams that are relatively unknown on how good they are, just as the NorCal teams will be unknown as well, so I think it could be interesting. I feel like the teams in NorCal this year are getting a bad rap due to SoCal having 3 or 4 very strong teams that NorCal would not stand a chance against.

St. Mary's gets a bad rap for the ugly loss they had against SJB, but than alot of other good SoCal schools got smashed by SJB as well, so that isn't a very good Guage of NorCal vs SoCal. It was national elite SJB against a good NorCal opponent who is nowhere near ranked nationally. I believe despite how improved DLS is they will be lucky to lose by only 2 to 3 td's to SJB.

I'm more interested in seeing how the other games turn out, since it will be relative unknowns playing each other.

Just now, nascar624 said:

I'm not expecting much from NorCal either, but in all honesty, the other games outside of the open will be against SoCal teams that are relatively unknown on how good they are, just as the NorCal teams will be unknown as well, so I think it could be interesting. I feel like the teams in NorCal this year are getting a bad rap due to SoCal having 3 or 4 very strong teams that NorCal would not stand a chance against.

St. Mary's gets a bad rap for the ugly loss they had against SJB, but than alot of other good SoCal schools got smashed by SJB as well, so that isn't a very good Guage of NorCal vs SoCal. It was national elite SJB against a good NorCal opponent who is nowhere near ranked nationally. I believe despite how improved DLS is they will be lucky to lose by only 2 to 3 td's to SJB.

I'm more interested in seeing how the other games turn out, since it will be relative unknowns playing each other.

We'll see who wins next weekend, but I like the crop of teams we're fielding for all the bowls. I think NorCal will have a puncher's chance in a lot of games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Prepgridiron, my opinion exactly, besides the Open lol. I fully believe we are most likely sending our best in DLS, but I don't feel they even have a punchers chance in that game; however I believe we do in most of the other games

Yeah, not sure I ever recall DLS being such a dog going into a game. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 3:45 PM, Belly Bob said:

It's true: DLS can lose to first round TX losers and to UT state champions, LOL. 

But setting aside the obvious for a minute, when did it become okay for non-school girls to use "LOL"? 

Hah so true! I held off for soooo long, but it's so damn easy.   Anyways TTYL!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Prepgridiron, my opinion exactly, besides the Open lol. I fully believe we are most likely sending our best in DLS, but I don't feel they even have a punchers chance in that game; however I believe we do in most of the other games

Ehh I would favor SJB for sure, they will be heavy favorites...BUT every decent team has a puncher's chance.  Just have to play that perfect game.  Those games normally happen once every year or two.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Ehh I would favor SJB for sure, they will be heavy favorites...BUT every decent team has a puncher's chance.  Just have to play that perfect game.  Those games normally happen once every year or two.  

Well deep down I'm hoping they have a punchers chance and am hoping they shock the nation, but my rational side says not a chance. 

I will say even if they lose, but take this game to the wire than this would cap another Cinderella season by DLS similar to their 2004 season, when they started horribly but managed to take the than #1 national ranked team(Mission Viejo) down to the wire and lost only by a field goal 17-14.  I believe MV finished #2 in the nation with a 14-0 record. It may have been a loss, but DLS was so down that year, they weren't even expected to have kept it close.

The 2016 version of DLS is again an extreme underdog and it would be awesome to see another game similar to that game in 04 against MV.

• Like 2

Nor Cal will do just fine in the SBG because they will send their very best teams.Because of how the SS Dl is set up So Cal can not.For example St.Mary's is nor cals 2nd best team while Narbonne or Cathedral Catholic is so cals 5/6 best team.Thats how it plays out down the bowl games.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ararar said:

Nor Cal will do just fine in the SBG because they will send their very best teams.Because of how the SS Dl is set up So Cal can not.For example St.Mary's is nor cals 2nd best team while Narbonne or Cathedral Catholic is so cals 5/6 best team.Thats how it plays out down the bowl games.

Totally agree and hate the setup CA has.  Wish they would just do an actual State playoff so both regions always gets the best playing each other.

It's true NorCal is usually able to send more of our better teams, not always all of our best, but more of our better ones compared to SoCal. This is a direct result of NorCal traditionally having strong teams coming from completely different sections. We almost always have a number of good teams coming from NCS, CCS and SJS and SoCal always has there very best coming from the SS and more precisely as of this year, SS D1. Even if they had an open Division it still would keep home another 3 or 4 teams ranked higher than the next team that will be making it to a bowl game. All the more reason I hate this set-up CA currently has for state titles. We can only hope one day CA will fix this mess when it comes to the state title games.

• Like 1

Thing is DLS should have lost to Centennial (Corona) last year but it wasn't close. They are a machine...North Coast Section has been spooked by them for decades...25 straight Section titles...no league will have them, few Nor Cal schools will play them.  See them in person If you get a chance, they are disciplined, respectful of opponents and ref's...it's beyond impressive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZFAN said:

Thing is DLS should have lost to Centennial (Corona) last year but it wasn't close. They are a machine...North Coast Section has been spooked by them for decades...25 straight Section titles...no league will have them, few Nor Cal schools will play them.  See them in person If you get a chance, they are disciplined, respectful of opponents and ref's...it's beyond impressive.

Take it from me....

DLS shows up 

they punch the clock

they kick your ass

then they get back on the bus and go home 

simple as that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZFAN said:

You really think that they should have lost. DLS was just as loaded as CC. Two great teams, could have gone either way but definitely not "should have" won.  It was a really close game. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, BobbySanchez said:

This is the DLS machine we've all been waiting and knowing would come at the end of the season. That Veer offense has a huge learning curve for any QB, I think the Spartans will give the winner of the SJB/MD game all they can handle. DLS is still the king of California.

Does anybody give the Spartans a shot against SJB and MD? 

If DLS does beat MD or SJB or at least play them close, I think it's more of a testament that DLS gels really well at the end, rather than Socal football is bad.

Because SJB has beaten St.Marys (#2 in Norcal and playing for D1 bid) 55-13, beat Ohio State Champs #1 St.Xavier 34-0, and gave #1 Bishop Gorman a really competitive game.

Corona Centennial also should have beaten #3 IMG but lost by 1 point.

And Mater Dei has beaten SJB already.

Not only due they have a shot they have an advantage.  SJB has played a grueling schedule all year long facing teams like Biship Gorman, St X, St Mary's, Mater Dei 2X among others.  It is very difficult to have to get up nearly every week to play another top 25 caliber opponent throughout a year.  Few, if any, teams in the nation played a non conference, league and playoff/state schedule like SJB which lasts for 15+ weeks.  DLS played East early on and lost but since has reeled off 8 straight wins where their fine coaching staff can correct things, rest players in blow outs and fine tune what they do.   That is why you often see them have trouble early, especially with out of state teams, then roll late.  I think this will be a very good game but DLS has a legit shot to beat SJB and playing in Sacramento may even be favored.  SJB is playing their best football of the season right now as well with wins over top 10 nationally ranked teams in consecutive weeks so they should be ready. I see a 28-21 type of game either way.

2 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

Not only due they have a shot they have an advantage.  SJB has played a grueling schedule all year long facing teams like Biship Gorman, St X, St Mary's, Mater Dei 2X among others.  It is very difficult to have to get up nearly every week to play another top 25 caliber opponent throughout a year.  Few, if any, team in the nation played a non conference, league and playoff/state schedule like SJB which lasts for 15+ weeks.  DLS played East early on and lost but since has reeled off 8 straight wins where their fine coaching staff can correct things, rest players in blow outs and fine tune what they do.   That is why you often see them have trouble early, especially with out of state teams, then roll late.  I think this will be a very good game but DLS has a legit shot to beat SJB and playing in Sacramento may even be favored.  SJB is playing the best of the season right now as well with wins over top 10 nationally ranked teams in consecutive weeks so they should be ready. 

Wow, trust me when I say SJB does not need to sandbag. They will have a bye week and are far better at every position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Wow, trust me when I say SJB does not need to sandbag. They will have a bye week and are far better at every position.

Who said anything about sandbagging?  I have been around too long and seen DLS beat too many so cal powers to think any matchup will be easy or simple to win.  I recall a dominant Mission Viejo team that finished #3 in the country having a huge player advantage struggling to beat a 3-loss DLS team that year (Mark Sanchez was MV's QB).  Don't be surprised if DLS wins this game.  I wouldn't be at all.  SJB is playing lights out now on both sides of the ball but stopping the veer run game is not that simple once they have perfected their timing (again reason why they struggle early in seasons compared to late...timing of the veer).

3 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

(again reason why they struggle early in seasons compared to late...timing of the veer).

But they struggle late too with stout run defenses like St. John Bosco.

4 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

Who said anything about sandbagging?  I have been around too long and seen DLS beat too many so cal powers to think any matchup will be easy or simple to win.  I recall a dominant Mission Viejo team that finished #3 in the country having a huge player advantage struggling to beat a 3-loss DLS team that year (Mark Sanchez was MV's QB).  Don't be surprised if DLS wins this game.  I wouldn't be at all.  SJB is playing lights out now on both sides of the ball but stopping the veer run game is not that simple once they have perfected their timing (again reason why they struggle early in seasons compared to late...timing of the veer).

They'll compete, but they don't have the jimmy's and the joe's to have the x's and o's mean anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LOSer said:

But they struggle late too with stout run defenses like St. John Bosco.

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

They'll compete, but they don't have the jimmy's and the joe's to have the x's and o's mean anything.

We shall see but many said the same thing when that Mission Viejo 15-0 state champion team went up there and struggled.  That was a 3-loss DLS squad that had their win streak ended by Bellevue earlier.  That MV team was loaded with D1 guys.