De La Salle is a machine

BobbySanchez

4 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

We shall see but many said the same thing when that Mission Viejo 15-0 state champion team went up there and struggled.  That was a 3-loss DLS squad that had their win streak ended by Bellevue earlier.  That MV team was loaded with D1 guys. 

I just know that SJB did it before (2013) and are more like Don Bosco and STA up front then Mission Viejo.

6 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I just know that SJB did it before (2013) and are more like Don Bosco and STA up front then Mission Viejo.

Dead on. After witnessing what they did to MD ( had a sideline pass ) relative to the line play, this can get ugly very soon. The only hope DLS has IMO is that they execute their system with 100% precision of which, due to SJB's ability to play "Smash Mouth" on both sides of the ball, probably won't happen. The only other thing IMO that could keep DLS in this game is a bunch of silly SJB turnovers.

On 12/4/2016 at 8:30 PM, 954gator said:

The one positive is I don't think SJB has as good a Dline as they have had in some previous seasons, they're offense is money though.   They don't have what STA or DBP had which just kills the DLS offense.   And, please that is not meant to slight SJB in anyway.  

SJB dline this year is the best since 2013.  

would be lights out good right now had they not lost Sal Spina to a knee injury mid season.  Spina is one of those rare kids that is just abnormally strong and agile.  270 lbs and pretty lean.  strength beyond training as it genetically based.  just a junior though so will be back.  

2 other d1 dline players still , one with last something like 15 sacks on the year.   dline recorded 3 sacks in the Mater Dei game.   in most of their games this year, the poor quarterback running for their life for most of the game and beat up by games end.    

It would have been nice to have Spina to handle the middle of the line.   They should perform well regardless.  

2 hours ago, LOSer said:

Very true. In 13' If DLS had a qb that could throw even a little it could have been a W.  Their lack of developing a QB that can throw is the one area that prevents them from winning some of these OOS games. Some years they do but not consistently. 

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

SJB is going to stack the box and dare the DLS QB to beat them with his arm.I also hope he can take hit.Remember when they played last SJB was pounding Williams on the mesh weather he had the ball or not

This has me worried too, not just for DLS, but for the kid who plays QB. He's small and has a history of injuries. 

8 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Dead on. After witnessing what they did to MD ( had a sideline pass ) relative to the line play, this can get ugly very soon. The only hope DLS has IMO is that they execute their system with 100% precision of which, due to SJB's ability to play "Smash Mouth" on both sides of the ball, probably won't happen. The only other thing IMO that could keep DLS in this game is a bunch of silly SJB turnovers.

The only thing that can keep this game within 4 TD is a once in a generation Monsoon.

the game being In Nor Cal does double that chance.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:26 AM, World Citizen said:

You really think that they should have lost. DLS was just as loaded as CC. Two great teams, could have gone either way but definitely not "should have" won.  It was a really close game. 

I thought CC was going to win it too.  They just looked unstoppable and for once had a decent defense.  But DLS did their thang. 

On 12/6/2016 at 11:55 AM, krs12345 said:

Not only due they have a shot they have an advantage.  SJB has played a grueling schedule all year long facing teams like Biship Gorman, St X, St Mary's, Mater Dei 2X among others.  It is very difficult to have to get up nearly every week to play another top 25 caliber opponent throughout a year.  Few, if any, teams in the nation played a non conference, league and playoff/state schedule like SJB which lasts for 15+ weeks.  DLS played East early on and lost but since has reeled off 8 straight wins where their fine coaching staff can correct things, rest players in blow outs and fine tune what they do.   That is why you often see them have trouble early, especially with out of state teams, then roll late.  I think this will be a very good game but DLS has a legit shot to beat SJB and playing in Sacramento may even be favored.  SJB is playing their best football of the season right now as well with wins over top 10 nationally ranked teams in consecutive weeks so they should be ready. I see a 28-21 type of game either way.

Sammy we need the excuse thread started STAT!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The only thing that can keep this game within 4 TD is a once in a generation Monsoon.

the game being In Nor Cal does double that chance.

Funny, but the only time weather really affected these games was when it was in SoCal on that awful field in 2010.

Even if it does rain during the State Bowl games this year, the field conditions will be fine since Sac State has an all-weather surface.

Sammy, you're preemptive excuse has been declared invalid ....

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Funny, but the only time weather really affected these games was when it was in SoCal on that awful field in 2010.

Even if it does rain during the State Bowl games this year, the field conditions will be fine since Sac State has an all-weather surface.

Sammy, you're preemptive excuse has been declared invalid ....

Pre-emptive excuses should be filed in the Excuse thread.

**The Sac State field held up fine during the Typhoon last year in the Bellermine vs. Mission Viejo game.