One reason for Atlanta transfers

Wildcat Will

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would never say that Rush didn't try. I just know our ADs don't turn their heads and just shoot paperwork through like others. That's the part that folks miss. They have something for Rush and allow that to cloud the fact that the administrations down at Colquitt weren't rubber stamping transfer eligibility forms. The rules got reviewed, and everything got checked, checked again and checked again before being sent to the GHSA. This is how you manage to survive a "cheating" coach without forfeiting games or other eligibility issues. 

Does this mean it has been going on at Valdosta for years?

2 hours ago, 67packer said:

Thank you for your thoughts on my Aunt Larry. She was special to me and many others. I thought I had hit the Thank You button for your concern last week. If I didn't, apologies.

No worries. Just wanted to offer sincere condolences. We’ve all been there and it’s never fun! 

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Nub kinda hinted at it.

I can't say really what all they may have done down there. I know that the last coach who is here now, Alan Rodemaker, told me face to face he didn't agree with recruiting and all. 

That doesn't mean he never did it, but, I wouldn't think he did. Seems better character than that to me. I have no clue about Rance Gillespie. He didn't win a lot so if he recruited it didn't work for him. 

8 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I agree. Fred hasn’t changed his tune since day 1. He preaches that Grayson has never had a player ruled ineligible. 

90% of transfers in Georgia have Grayson DNA on them.

Only at Grayson could leave a kid leave California be ruled ineligible and play at Grayson.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He preaches that Grayson is a bastion of purely but outside of him everyone in Georgia claims Grayson is dirty and has pull at the GHSA.

I don’t think they have pull at the the GHSA. I think they are just very good at what they do and making sure all involved what it takes to make transfers work. 
Hell you would think that Colquitt would have a “Tiny” bit of pull with the GHSA. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I don’t think they have pull at the the GHSA. I think they are just very good at what they do and making sure all involved what it takes to make transfers work. 
Hell you would think that Colquitt would have a “Tiny” bit of pull with the GHSA. 

From my view point the GHSA barely even knows football is played outside of metro.  When you can't even place the goals in the right spot for state titles game in BB you should not be running HS athletics.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, 67packer said:

I thought I remembered you having a QB declared ineligible last season before another QB came in from Valdosta that was also declared ineligible.

Now that one takes the cake. May be the first time in history a school had 2 ineligible QB's the same year. People in Valdosta are still wondering who paid who and why their pay wasn't good enough. 🤣🤣🤣

We did have one declared ineligible *before* the season.  Proves the GHSA looks at us and pays attention.  He never played a down in a game and we didn't have to forfeit anything.  He actually left before the school year started.  Garcia was vetted by the GHSA before he ever set foot on our campus.  Anything that happened before he got there was on your former coach.  We, and he, were on the up and up while he was here.

I believe your team has had a few move in QBs as well.  I still find it funny you talk about us and QBs since the Packers QB that lead you to 2 championships never lived in Colquitt Co but hey! He started commuting across county lines before he started ninth grade so in your mind that makes it right.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

He preaches that Grayson is a bastion of purely but outside of him everyone in Georgia claims Grayson is dirty and has pull at the GHSA.

Yea, all that pull at the GHSA got del Rio declared ineligible before the season.  That really worked in our favor - not!  Do you ever listen to what you say/read what you write?

On 7/28/2021 at 7:15 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

From my view point the GHSA barely even knows football is played outside of metro.  When you can't even place the goals in the right spot for state titles game in BB you should not be running HS athletics.

Guess what?  Maybe two people in Georgia care what you think about our sports and governing bodies.  From my point of view, you are so jealous of Georgia because you know Alabama doesn't fare so well when compared to us.  That plus there are what, 3 teams in Alabama worth following if that.  Must be boring to live there.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:18 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

90% of transfers in Georgia have Grayson DNA on them.

Only at Grayson could leave a kid leave California be ruled ineligible and play at Grayson.

It is easy to see that you believe what you believe regardless of the truth.  It has been stated many, many times.  Garcia was eligible at *any* Georgia school except Valdosta.  He could have gone to Colquitt if he wanted.  What would you have said then?

On 7/28/2021 at 7:07 PM, Iletteredintrack said:

They may not have pull but they're the only school in Georgia IMO that could play an ineligible player and not have to forfeit the games. Grayson knew he had been declared ineligible at Valdosta.

11 hours ago, Fred said:

Yea, all that pull at the GHSA got del Rio declared ineligible before the season.  That really worked in our favor - not!  Do you ever listen to what you say/read what you write?

Grayson still bats 99.9% of getting what they want. One kid failing to make it looks better on the GHSA part. 

• Like 1