One reason for Atlanta transfers

Wildcat Will

2 hours ago, 67packer said:

They may not have pull but they're the only school in Georgia IMO that could play an ineligible player and not have to forfeit the games. Grayson knew he had been declared ineligible at Valdosta.

Totally created a rules change in mid stream. Grayson is edgy when it comes to eligibility stuff. 

The Kurt Taylor one is the one that bothers me the most because some wording about a bona fide move not being completed until a year at the address had passed was magically removed right after that debacle. It allowed them to keep a championship in spite of EVERYONE including the Grayson administration knowing that the Taylor's gamed the system.

Technically Garcia was ok because the rule wasn't changed until after folks realized the loophole they exploited. The Taylor incident on the other hand had some wording magically removed from the bylaws to support his eligibility until he landed back at Newton to graduate immediately following football season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Totally created a rules change in mid stream. Grayson is edgy when it comes to eligibility stuff. 

The Kurt Taylor one is the one that bothers me the most because some wording about a bona fide move not being completed until a year at the address had passed was magically removed right after that debacle. It allowed them to keep a championship in spite of EVERYONE including the Grayson administration knowing that the Taylor's gamed the system.

Technically Garcia was ok because the rule wasn't changed until after folks realized the loophole they exploited. The Taylor incident on the other hand had some wording magically removed from the bylaws to support his eligibility until he landed back at Newton to graduate immediately following football season. 

Goes back to the point of Grayson have stroke with the GHSA. Collins Hill guy told me point blank they have influence and control in the GHSA. Example is rule wording out of nowhere being changed.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Goes back to the point of Grayson have stroke with the GHSA. Collins Hill guy told me point blank they have influence and control in the GHSA. Example is rule wording out of nowhere being changed.

It was strange how the "stay at the residence for a year to complete the move" was magically gone the next season when I went back to see it. I think I had copy and pasted that wording and subsection numbers etc. on here somewhere when that was all live action. That'll be the only way to find it now because I've went back and reread it all 100 times looking for it. 

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Grayson still bats 99.9% of getting what they want. One kid failing to make it looks better on the GHSA part. 

He left off the part where Grayson recruited multiple players including the QB from jersey at the same time of Del Rio dismissal.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, 67packer said:

They may not have pull but they're the only school in Georgia IMO that could play an ineligible player and not have to forfeit the games. Grayson knew he had been declared ineligible at Valdosta.

i know this is hard for you to undertand but the GHSA declared him eligible at *any* school except Valdosta assuming he and his family met the transfer rules.  If is difficult to believe you would be hollering had he decided to move over to Colquitt.  Why don't you ask yourself why he chose not to go to Colquitt?

On 7/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, Sweetlarry said:

It actually did work out in your favor. Garcia is a much better QB. FWIW

The Garcia stuff happened 3 months after GHSA ruled against us and was a totally unexpected and unplanned for event.  At the time of the ruling, it most definitely was not in our favor with no indication that anything would be.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

i know this is hard for you to undertand but the GHSA declared him eligible at *any* school except Valdosta assuming he and his family met the transfer rules.  If is difficult to believe you would be hollering had he decided to move over to Colquitt.  Why don't you ask yourself why he chose not to go to Colquitt?

He didn't go to Colquitt because we didn't have a spot for him.

Now...if he had applied right after our Tift game...we might could have obliged him.

Rufus>>

On 7/30/2021 at 11:42 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

The wording was to remain eligible for the year, the student has to complete the year.  At the point they make a second move they become an itinerant student and become ineligible from that point forward.  When Taylor moved back, he forfeited his eligibility for any sports the rest of that year.  He did NOT graduate immediately following the move after the fall semester.  He wanted to run track in the spring and wasn't allowed to do so.  He didn't graduate until May/June, whenever Newton's year ended.

30 minutes ago, Fred said:

The wording was to remain eligible for the year, the student has to complete the year.  At the point they make a second move they become an itinerant student and become ineligible from that point forward.  When Taylor moved back, he forfeited his eligibility for any sports the rest of that year.  He did NOT graduate immediately following the move after the fall semester.  He wanted to run track in the spring and wasn't allowed to do so.  He didn't graduate until May/June, whenever Newton's year ended.

Nah. The wording was specific. In order for a bona fide move to be completed they had to remain at the new residence for a year. 

That line is gone forever since that happened and they didn't enforce it. It magically disappeared. 

The intent of the rule could be as you state, but, the wording was a bona fide move wasn't complete until they remained there for a year. 

One day when I have more time I'll go hunt up where I copy and pasted it.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I remember thinking at the time that wording was there specifically to stop the exact thing they did. 

If that wasn't the reason for the wording, why did they remover it?

That would be a question for the GHSA as all any of us are doing is speculating.  You know previous versions of the Constitution are online at GHSA don't you?

1 hour ago, Fred said:

The Garcia stuff happened 3 months after GHSA ruled against us and was a totally unexpected and unplanned for event.  At the time of the ruling, it most definitely was not in our favor with no indication that anything would be.

I have always meant to ask, but forget to do so, how do the parents of kids who came up in the district feel about last second transfers coming in and taking kids their jobs? We never hear about that type of stuff. 

Curious if you know? I mean, they can’t be pleased that their Sons have been groomed for years in the program and then Johnny Come Lately takes the job. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I have always meant to ask, but forget to do so, how do the parents of kids who came up in the district feel about last second transfers coming in and taking kids their jobs? We never hear about that type of stuff. 

Curious if you know? I mean, they can’t be pleased that their Sons have been groomed for years in the program and then Johnny Come Lately takes the job. 

There is some grumbling of course.  I've not personally heard of it being too bad since some of the "superstars" moved on.  With the rare exception, the home kids still get to play.  Even in 2016 with those transfers they were rotating in and out regularly.  In the case of last year with Garcia, I can't say.  Our original QB's primary sport is baseball.  In fact, I think he has made a commitment for a baseball scholarship.

Overall, when the team does well the entire team gets more attention to that is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

That would be a question for the GHSA as all any of us are doing is speculating.  You know previous versions of the Constitution are online at GHSA don't you?

Yeah, I mean, I guess we are really crying over spilled milk at this point anyway. I just like to needle Grayson a little. 😁

17 hours ago, Fred said:

Hell I know why he didn't go somewhere else. Grayson was the highest bidder. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, Sweetlarry said:

They get free breakfast cooked by Fred every Friday.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:09 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

When C olquitt won thEIr State championship they had kids on team from Michigan Tennessee Florida Alabama 

NAME UM? The only OOD player during 2014-2015 state championship seasons, was Chase Parrish. And he never attended a public school, other than Colquitt! And he lived closer to Moultrie than Thomasville!

On 7/27/2021 at 5:29 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

They both moved-in for football-related reasons. All xfers are equal. Jake Garcia= Steven Krajewski all day long. 

And NONE of those transfers played in the State Championship seasons! And eighth graders like Chase Parrish, aren't counted as transfers! IF so, Bufordia would have fifty!

10 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

And NONE of those transfers played in the State Championship seasons! And eighth graders like Chase Parrish, aren't counted as transfers! IF so, Bufordia would have fifty!

Rab...you know...that Colquitt had OOS and OOD players who played in the Championship years.

Sorry that goes against your narrative....

Rufus>>