Today's Burning Question For The Board

Rufus69

Does an employer have the legal right to demand vaccinations from its employees...and if the employee refuses...does the employer have the legal right to terminate their employment?

Just for background....I have been fully vaccinated.  Ms. Violet has been fully vaccinated.  My immediate family (Little Alphonze and Lady Raine) have been fully vaccinated but at least two of my siblings have decided not to take the shots.  One of my brothers is being forced to vaccinate or lose his job.  He wants to sue.  But...I'm not sure he has a legal basis for actual success of winning a lawsuit.   It's a conundrum.

So...give me a ruling...you internet lawyers...you.

Rufus>>

53 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Does an employer have the legal right to demand vaccinations from its employees...and if the employee refuses...does the employer have the legal right to terminate their employment?

Just for background....I have been fully vaccinated.  Ms. Violet has been fully vaccinated.  My immediate family (Little Alphonze and Lady Raine) have been fully vaccinated but at least two of my siblings have decided not to take the shots.  One of my brothers is being forced to vaccinate or lose his job.  He wants to sue.  But...I'm not sure he has a legal basis for actual success of winning a lawsuit.   It's a conundrum.

Rufus>>

14 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Just get the Damn shot..its free to boot

I'm afraid it's not that simple.  They're my brothers and they have their own "truths" about the vaccinations.  My only conversation with my brother who wants to sue goes something like this...

Me:  Bro, you gotta decide whether it's worth the financial impact to refuse to get the shot.  Cause they WILL fire you if you don't.  Some things are worth standing up for/against.  Is this one of them?

Bro:  It ain't right that they can tell me I gotta get the shot.  What makes them right and me wrong?

Me:  It doesn't have anything to do with who's right and who's wrong.  It only matters whether you can win the lawsuit and whether you can survive for however long it takes to get a ruling in your favor.  Personally and legally...I believe you'll lose.

Bro:  This is supposed to be the United States of America...Land of the Free.  I GOT RIGHTS !!!!

Me:  Bro, you do what you think you gotta do.  That's all I can say.  Oh, maybe one other thing...GO DAWGS !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm afraid it's not that simple.  They're my brothers and they have their own "truths" about the vaccinations.  My only conversation with my brother who wants to sue goes something like this...

Me:  Bro, you gotta decide whether it's worth the financial impact to refuse to get the shot.  Cause they WILL fire you if you don't.  Some things are worth standing up for/against.  Is this one of them?

Bro:  It ain't right that they can tell me I gotta get the shot.  What makes them right and me wrong?

Me:  It doesn't have anything to do with who's right and who's wrong.  It only matters whether you can win the lawsuit and whether you can survive for however long it takes to get a ruling in your favor.  Personally and legally...I believe you'll lose.

Bro:  This is supposed to be the United States of America...Land of the Free.  I GOT RIGHTS !!!!

Me:  Bro, you do what you think you gotta do.  That's all I can say.  Oh, maybe one other thing...GO DAWGS !!!!

Rufus>>

I can appreciate the my rights part of the argument but if he has it and he doesn't know it and then he's in contact with somebody very susceptible to getting it like someone sick or old age is passing it on to them on knowingly and that's not fair to that person. Everyone just get the God damn shot

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I can appreciate the my rights part of the argument but if he has it and he doesn't know it and then he's in contact with somebody very susceptible to getting it like someone sick or old age is passing it on to them on knowingly and that's not fair to that person. Everyone just get the God damn shot

For me and Ms. Violet....you're preaching to the choir.....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Yes. Just as the retailer has the right to refuse service on grounds that they choose, so does the right exist to employ within the desired wish's.

12 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Yes. Just as the retailer has the right to refuse service on grounds that they choose, so does the right exist to employ within the desired wish's.

Well...there are definitely exceptions to the right to employ within desired wishes.

They are established in the Constitution.  However; in my constitutional opine...the right that would protect a person for refusing to be vaccinated...is not currently present in the the Big "C".

But I am not a Constitutional Attorney.  I only play one on this board.

Rufus>>

33 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...there are definitely exceptions to the right to employ within desired wishes.

They are established in the Constitution.  However; in my constitutional opine...the right that would protect a person for refusing to be vaccinated...is not currently present in the the Big "C".

But I am not a Constitutional Attorney.  I only play one on this board.

Rufus>>

At times in history, man has faced a situation where he has to decide one way or another about something or the other. It has been said that my rights stop when it has come to point that it endangers your life. 

The safety of all out weighs the rights of one. Given the current climate in this nation at this time, the line is being blurred, shaded and in some cases.....erased. The court system today will side with most government wishes as far as this pandemic is concerned.

The rising tide of the Delta variant has the medical world spinning and the thought of covid cards for normal daily activities is becoming an increasing reality.

You did give good advice, in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

The rising tide of the Delta variant has the medical world spinning and the thought of covid cards for normal daily activities is becoming an increasing reality.

That would take some doing. Even ignoring the uprisings that will occur/are occurring world wide (though not being covered by MSMedia in this country), there's also the fact that fake vaccine cards are popping up everywhere.

Restrictions on Unvaccinated People See Explosion of Fake Vaccination Cards

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/restrictions-on-unvaccinated-people-see-explosion-of-fake-vaccination-cards-researchers_3939988.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-08-10&mktids=0fa4e433035c6db10f4a26fe81756b8a&est=XAC9jjZCyjeHb6fGyFqkpEMxI8ajhLGKxyGWy3T%2F94CLQBJauiqgwZn8zK1pcA%3D%3D

And picture yourself a restaurant owner, for example, or employee who is charged with checking to see that everyone has a card. Just how hard are you going to try to tell what's fake and what's real...especially when, if you are too good at that, your business or your job might not survive scrutinizing those cards too closely? 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He aint wrong... 

Shit... 

Don't want a Vaccine 

Dont wanna try to help yourself or nobody else... 

Then sit at home and deal with it... 

If I remember correct Arkansas had got to a point where they had only 8 hospital beds in the whole state.... 

You can scream all day about Your rights and what not.... 

But is it worth it? 

To not only risk infection yourself but others as well...  

Your kids? 

Grandparents? 

Etc... 

Can you not look past your own selfishness long enough to help us get over this?  To get some sense of normalcy back. 

It was a fake rant. No hospital is kicking out his wife for people with an illness that has a 99 percent survival rate. That is for likes and reposts. 

And how would you know who is anti vaccine and is downplaying the virus when they are sitting in the hospital bed? How does he know the beliefs of the people in the beds? It’s ignorant and a weird desire to get attention from strangers on the internet 

And the majority of all people who caught Covid did “stay the fuck home” and quarantine. That was what was suggested. The people in the hospital beds most likely have other medical related issues that has been compounded with Covid. A lot of them are obese, old and/or sick to begin with. 

That’s Covid misinformation 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It was a fake rant. No hospital is kicking out his wife for people with an illness that has a 99 percent survival rate. That is for likes and reposts. 

And how would you know who is anti vaccine and is downplaying the virus when they are sitting in the hospital bed? How does he know the beliefs of the people in the beds? It’s ignorant and a weird desire to get attention from strangers on the internet 

Kinda like people on sports message boards....?????

And YES...I include myself.

Rufus>>

On 8/16/2021 at 2:06 AM, Slotback Right said:

That would take some doing. Even ignoring the uprisings that will occur/are occurring world wide (though not being covered by MSMedia in this country), there's also the fact that fake vaccine cards are popping up everywhere.

Restrictions on Unvaccinated People See Explosion of Fake Vaccination Cards

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/restrictions-on-unvaccinated-people-see-explosion-of-fake-vaccination-cards-researchers_3939988.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-08-10&mktids=0fa4e433035c6db10f4a26fe81756b8a&est=XAC9jjZCyjeHb6fGyFqkpEMxI8ajhLGKxyGWy3T%2F94CLQBJauiqgwZn8zK1pcA%3D%3D

And picture yourself a restaurant owner, for example, or employee who is charged with checking to see that everyone has a card. Just how hard are you going to try to tell what's fake and what's real...especially when, if you are too good at that, your business or your job might not survive scrutinizing those cards too closely? 

Told you so @BUFORDGAWOLVES

NYC Restaurateurs: It’s Not Our Job to Enforce Vaccine Mandates

34 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Ok, so what? Epoch Times are your go to? Try Pew Research. 

bgw

On 8/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, Wildcat Will said:

Stop being stupid...💩

you operate in public space

you operate by public rules....

DUH.

PS: even as far as how many bathrooms and parking spaces

you must provide... 🤓

BTW: You must be a big fan of Hobby Lobby and "their rights" .....

everyone is assuming now...👍

On 8/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If I remember correct Arkansas had got to a point where they had only 8 hospital beds in the whole state.... 

Quick question...

which caused a "shortage of hospital beds" more...

A) covid patients, both vaxed and unvaxed

B) a nursing shortage from those refusing to get the shot, and/or fired or otherwise not allowed to return to work.

Care to guess ???

🤔

PS:

• Like 1