Another example of Texas football going soft.

HooverOutlaw

My niece son actually plays in this league (older than this age group) and as I talked to her about it the feeling is that this is happening because the coach is a woman who is beating the hell outta the good ole boys.

my niece told me that half her kids are first year players.Her son was coached by this woman for two years when he first started and her practices are super tight with every kid provided a full play book.

she told me it’s a Keller city league so now the other divisions from Flower Mound are worried they are going to get removed as well 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

At the very least, the league should refund all the money to the teams parents. This is false advertisement. A scam. There should be some way to file a lawsuit. Getting this team to sign up thinking they are competing for playoffs only to be told they are not allowed after committing no infractions or breaking any rules. 

My son plays Pop Warner and the team that won the league went 12-0 and didn’t allow a point all season. The smallest margin of victory was 33-0. Highest was 59-0. You just sat back and were amazed at how good they were. They should compete for a national title at their division. 

Everyone in charge of this decision should be banned for life from any involvement in youth sports 

It’s a rec league, that’s a different animal than select or higher level competition. 

The rec philosophy is supposed to be community oriented, this is a piss poor decision by the powers that be. Let the kids finish it out, make your off-season changes… have a open evaluations/draft, limit friends for carpooling to minimize stacking, Yama, yada. 

Lazy ass move by the rec head, pure bullshittery. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What's sad is your lazy and fool attempt to shit on Texas....when you are not shitting on Michigan, Florida and LSU.

Read more and make less threads!

• Thumbs Down 1

On 11/23/2021 at 7:10 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

This is a rec league. Texas has plenty of high level select youth football leagues. 

Keller and Flower Mound.

Pretty much summed up what I needed to know.  Keller area teams are usually near the bottom of the district in high school football. 

Stuff like this is why...

If the Flower Mound team was select-level good...then why da hell they wait till the end of the damn season to say this team is too good for rec-level.

Sounds like another example of Keller being Keller to me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Keller and Flower Mound.

Pretty much summed up what I needed to know.  Keller area teams are usually near the bottom of the district in high school football. 

Stuff like this is why...

If the Flower Mound team was select-level good...then why da hell they wait till the end of the damn season to say this team is too good for rec-level.

Sounds like another example of Keller being Keller to me.

This happens a lot in rec leagues not just in Texas. I remember my sons team got kicked out of an east texas league a few years back for mud holing kids. Then we scheduled a game with the infamous Houston Hurricanes. They had 7th graders and we played with 5th and 6th graders. We got absolutely skull drug. I tried to tell the coaches not to do it because there are levels to this. 

• Like 3